Carnival Liberty Evacuation

pauleydm

As I've mentioned in other posts, my FIL was working with a PVP from carnival who told us these cabins would connect. This really is a minute detail compared to the fact that one of the four couples was shipped off home while the remaining three couples are still on the ship. We live in the same town, requested to stay and we're still split up.

I apologize to the OP if you feel that my comments on the post you started were out of line. I figured this was a general post about the fire and evacuation as it's titled. To the others- As upset as I am about some of the outcome- most specifically being split from our group- I feel that it could have been much worse and I still saw some beautiful sights and spent some great time while we had it with the family. Not everything is black and white. I have the ability to look at the positives as well. As much as I wish that there would have been different outcomes -- at the end of the day- we didn't have any control over what happened and from this point forward all we can control is our attitudes. As disappointed as some aspects were, it was still better than being at work for the week.

ignore the negative. ......

You have more right to post here then I do.

We feel for you and your group for being split up.

Come back and tell us how the rest of the family found the rest of the week in SJ .

One thing I noticed is that some people "quote " stuff that was said 500 posts ago without reading the rest of the story........ this just confuses everything and everyone.

As I've mentioned in other posts, my FIL was working with a PVP from carnival who told us these cabins would connect. This really is a minute detail compared to the fact that one of the four couples was shipped off home while the remaining three couples are still on the ship. We live in the same town, requested to stay and we're still split up.

I apologize to the OP if you feel that my comments on the post you started were out of line. I figured this was a general post about the fire and evacuation as it's titled. To the others- As upset as I am about some of the outcome- most specifically being split from our group- I feel that it could have been much worse and I still saw some beautiful sights and spent some great time while we had it with the family. Not everything is black and white. I have the ability to look at the positives as well. As much as I wish that there would have been different outcomes -- at the end of the day- we didn't have any control over what happened and from this point forward all we can control is our attitudes. As disappointed as some aspects were, it was still better than being at work for the week.

Sorry I missed the part about your FIL working with a PVP. Unfortunately, not all PVPs are that knowledgable.

I would be also be livid if I had been separated from my group to fly home. CCL should have had all of you fly home together or stay on the ship together. That was not right.

I wonder.. So OP posted they were evacuated off the ship with no money and no ID?

If you can grab a call phone always grab money and ID. ID, credit cards and medical cards are always in my possession no matter what. We have become a warped society to always have a cell but not ID and money.

This is just the case to plan ahead for and all essentials together in one spot ready to grab in an emergency.:D

I wonder.. So OP posted they were evacuated off the ship with no money and no ID?

If you can grab a call phone always grab money and ID. ID, credit cards and medical cards are always in my possession no matter what. We have become a warped society to always have a cell but not ID and money.

This is just the case to plan ahead for and all essentials together in one spot ready to grab in an emergency.:D

If you had read the whole thread you would know that they were sent off the ship without the opportunity to "plan ahead....essentials together....grab in an emergency".

I enjoy the freedom, as I know many others do, of being able to walk around the ship with just a sign and sail card in my pocket, or on a lanyard. Some people also carry their phones to have the time, send or receive a quick message, or take pictures. No one said people went back to their rooms and only grabbed their phones.

I have really enjoyed this thread because Pauley gave us info without opinions on what others should do or not do.

If you had read the whole thread you would know that they were sent off the ship without the opportunity to "plan ahead....essentials together....grab in an emergency".

I enjoy the freedom, as I know many others do, of being able to walk around the ship with just a sign and sail card in my pocket, or on a lanyard. Some people also carry their phones to have the time, send or receive a quick message, or take pictures. No one said people went back to their rooms and only grabbed their phones.

I have really enjoyed this thread because Pauley gave us info without opinions on what others should do or not do.

Sorry, but I do plan ahead whenever I walk out the door or go anywhere and have cell, ID, one credit card and medical cards in cell phone case. Having a heart condition that likes to rear it's ugly head at the worst opportune times has taught me to always be prepared. There may be times when you don't have the opportunity to go back to the room, go to your desk at work or etc. Hence I am always prepared. People want to take chances.. they can.

Edited by lylone

Sorry, but I do plan ahead whenever I walk out the door or go anywhere and have cell, ID, one credit card and medical cards in cell phone case. Having a heart condition that likes to rear it's ugly head at the worst opportune times has taught me to always be prepared. There may be times when you don't have the opportunity to go back to the room, go to your desk at work or etc. Hence I am always prepared. People want to take chances.. they can.

I was not putting you down because you plan ahead, and considering your condition it is a good idea. It read as if you were scolding people for not picking up money, credit cards, etc, but only their cell phones. I was simply trying to inform you, in case you had not had the time to read the entire thread, that people did not have the chance to go back to their cabins. The passengers in this situation already had an unpleasant time, to say the least, and did not deserve to be told they should of done something differently.

I rarely post on Cruise Critic, with the exception of Roll Calls, because it irritates me to see people say 'you should have done it my way'. For me and many cruisers I have spoken to they do not carry much around with them on the ship, and this freedom is part of the appeal of cruising. If it had been me I would not even had a phone, as my flip phone costs too much to keep on while out at sea, and it does not work in most ports (except continental U.S.)

Saying "I plan ahead", and "People want to take chances...they can" just sounds like you feel you are superior to most people in this unfortunate situation. I hope nothing bad ever happens to you in which people scold you, rather than have empathy.

I was not putting you down because you plan ahead, and considering your condition it is a good idea. It read as if you were scolding people for not picking up money, credit cards, etc, but only their cell phones. I was simply trying to inform you, in case you had not had the time to read the entire thread, that people did not have the chance to go back to their cabins. The passengers in this situation already had an unpleasant time, to say the least, and did not deserve to be told they should of done something differently.

I rarely post on Cruise Critic, with the exception of Roll Calls, because it irritates me to see people say 'you should have done it my way'. For me and many cruisers I have spoken to they do not carry much around with them on the ship, and this freedom is part of the appeal of cruising. If it had been me I would not even had a phone, as my flip phone costs too much to keep on while out at sea, and it does not work in most ports (except continental U.S.)

Saying "I plan ahead", and "People want to take chances...they can" just sounds like you feel you are superior to most people in this unfortunate situation. I hope nothing bad ever happens to you in which people scold you, rather than have empathy.

If CC had a "like button"....

Unfortunately, we had just finished trivia and only had our Sail and Sign cards and our cell phones to take pictures with. We were not allowed to go to our cabins when we were told to leave the ship.

Unfortunately, we had just finished trivia and only had our Sail and Sign cards and our cell phones to take pictures with. We were not allowed to go to our cabins when we were told to leave the ship.

Like many others, I want to thank you for your timely and objective reports from the Liberty during this incident. As you've noted, there are people who will second guess and say "I would never do that!" or "why didn't you do this?" but I'm sure you understand the Monday morning quarterback mentality and hopefully you will ignore them as well as the trolls and take pride in the service you did for all of us on CC. Many, many of us appreciate it and hope you have a long future of pleasant cruises on Carnival.