Will they let me bring drinks?

I know RC states that they will only allow 2 bottles of wine- no pop or water, but I've heard that some have been able to carry it on. Has anyone done this lately? My dad only drinks a certain diet green tea, my husband likes his coke in bottles, my mom is a cabin queen (stays in her cabin on the balcony all day and it would be nice for her to have cans when she needs them) and my baby drinks organic vitamin d milk. Can we do without them? I suppose but considering that we are dropping thousand on a 11 day cruise for 11 days, I feel like having the comforts of home isn't too much to ask. Will they let us by with them? Any tips on the best way to get them on board?

I know RC states that they will only allow 2 bottles of wine- no pop or water, but I've heard that some have been able to carry it on. Has anyone done this lately? My dad only drinks a certain diet green tea, my husband likes his coke in bottles, my mom is a cabin queen (stays in her cabin on the balcony all day and it would be nice for her to have cans when she needs them) and my baby drinks organic vitamin d milk. Can we do without them? I suppose but considering that we are dropping thousand on a 11 day cruise for 11 days, I feel like having the comforts of home isn't too much to ask. Will they let us by with them? Any tips on the best way to get them on board?

I always bring my 2 bottles of wine and a 12 pack of soda. Had to open for inspection last 3 cruises and no problem

It is true that the "rules" on RC's website and if you call them and ask, state that you cannot carry your own water or soda on board, but most people have no difficulty doing so.

The sticky time is spring break. If you are not cruising during spring break (and that season spans the end of February until the mid-April), you are unlikely to have any problems.

They may ask you to open a container to "prove" that you are not smuggling alcohol, but even that is unlikely.

I will say that CANS are less likely to arouse suspicion, since you can't open and re-seal a can. ;)

We brought 2 15-packs of bottled water, and 2 8-packs of soda I nto the Adventure last month. Ended up drinking all the water (because we had 5 port days and took them to the beach with us), but left the majority of the soda in the room when we left. Too busy and too thirsty for water to drink the soda (southern route). But they didn't blink an eye at our drinks and actually delivered the water to our room for us with our luggage. The soda we carried on in a shopping bag.

Edited by ColoradoGurl

Did the water taste ok? We were on The Navigator last year and the water was really salty. We thought maybe the desalination process was not working correctly. We have not had this problem on previous sailings. Everything else was great!!

Also was there a waiter in the dining room referred to as "mr why not" in the happy corner? We just loved him and hope he is still there.

Great info- so you actually checked your waters ? Wow so glad I asked

Yep :) I asked the porter to put a luggage tag on them for me. They did it with no problem and they made it to my room with my suitcases about an hour later. Keep in mind though that my route was a southern caribbean route which is much more relaxed in all rules. I've read others sometimes have issues on the cruises leaving from Florida, but I think the problems happen mostly around spring break.

Edited by ColoradoGurl

You'll probably have a major issue with the organic milk. I don't think the refrigerator in the room will be cold enough to keep the milk. Even if it was, by the end of an eleven day cruise, the milk will probably be a bit old.

By the way, there is no such thing as inorganic milk.

Edited by RocketMan275

You'll probably have a major issue with the organic milk. I don't think the refrigerator in the room will be cold enough to keep the milk. Even if it was, by the end of an eleven day cruise, the milk will probably be a bit old.

By the way, there is no such thing as inorganic milk.

If the milk is not in aseptic containers, just ask your cabin steward for a large ice bucket, instead of the small one in your cabin. (or alternatively: Take a small cooler with you or ask for a plastic bucket at almost any bar) and ask him/her to keep it full of ice. Keep the milk in there.

By the way, in this usage, as you full well know, organic is not the opposite of inorganic. It refers to the methods of growth and production and handling.

"Inorganic Milk" has me in stitches. Whoever thought there was such a thing? "Hi yes, i'd like some silicon carbide milk. You know, Vitamin SiC2 Milk." Oh man, I hope there is another chem nerd on here.

The advice about the ice bucket was spot on. The refrigerators aren't that cold. And in general you're probably going to have to break your "all organic" rules (if you follow them) on a cruise ship. I can't think of anything organic on the menus. We knew that going in and reset our thinking.

If the milk is not in aseptic containers, just ask your cabin steward for a large ice bucket, instead of the small one in your cabin. (or alternatively: Take a small cooler with you or ask for a plastic bucket at almost any bar) and ask him/her to keep it full of ice. Keep the milk in there.

OP is taking an eleven day cruise. You would need a cooler the size of a suitcase to keep an eleven day supply cold. One other thing, even 'organic' milk won't last an eleven day cruise unless you find a way to freeze it.

By the way, in this usage, as you full well know, organic is not the opposite of inorganic. It refers to the methods of growth and production and handling.

No, inorganic is, by definition, the opposite of organic. Organic, when used to refer to methods of growth and production, is a marketing ploy with no scientific meaning.

outside of wine (2 per cabin) do not bring glass bottles at all. cans : a reasonable amount.. no more than 12 pack ) are fine. Plastic bottles are also okay, but again, reasonable amount. there will NOT be anywhere cold enough to safely keep the milk in the cabin. milk is widely available on board and you can request soy milk if necessary.

Thanks for the tips on the drinks fellow cruisers. They are so very helpful.

As far as opinions on whether organic milk is necessary, I didn't ask for those. It's what she drinks when she isn't drinking breast milk and it's what I would prefer her to have on the cruise rather than regular milk if I can make it work. If I can't, she will have regular (along with breast milk) for the week. Further reply to your comments isn't worth my time simply because I wasn't asking if I should give my child organic or inorganic milk on this cruise forum lol.

We would be fine with one carton of milk. She doesn't go thru it quickly. Thanks for the tips. Even having it the first few days would be helpful.

Thanks for the tips on the drinks fellow cruisers. They are so very helpful.

As far as opinions on whether organic milk is necessary, I didn't ask for those. It's what she drinks when she isn't drinking breast milk and it's what I would prefer her to have on the cruise rather than regular milk if I can make it work. If I can't, she will have regular (along with breast milk) for the week. Further reply to your comments isn't worth my time simply because I wasn't asking if I should give my child organic or inorganic milk on this cruise forum lol.

We would be fine with one carton of milk. She doesn't go thru it quickly. Thanks for the tips. Even having it the first few days would be helpful.

I didn't see any reference to orange milk being necessary... you mentioned "if I can make it work." If you were referencing my post with your necessary comment, I'm just saying go in flexible so that way you aren't super stressed and disappointed if it's not easy to make it work.

Also- idk if you pump, but I always liked to have my Medela ice pack frozen for day trips if I needed to pump, idk if they will freeze it for you overnight? May be worth an ask if you need it.

I didn't see any reference to orange milk being necessary... you mentioned "if I can make it work." If you were referencing my post with your necessary comment, I'm just saying go in flexible so that way you aren't super stressed and disappointed if it's not easy to make it work.

Also- idk if you pump, but I always liked to have my Medela ice pack frozen for day trips if I needed to pump, idk if they will freeze it for you overnight? May be worth an ask if you need it.

It wasn't in reference to your comment. I appreciated your help. It was more in reference to the people who wanted to start a debate on whether organic milk was beneficial or a mkt scam. I just wanted to let them know that I only came here to ask about how to get drinks on board.