Cartagena, Colombia

LadyL1

On the QV in 2016, and calling at Cartagena, Colombia. I was wondering if any of you who have been there, can tell me if there was a Cunard shuttle bus from the port to the old town or city centre.

I have also found that there is a city guided tour by bus from the cruise terminal but it is only 3 hours, and would really like longer. The Ho-Ho bus, I believe, is some way from the terminal, and the walk to pick this up, is not the best!

Any comments or help would be much appreciated.

Cruise ships are not allowed to run local buses to the city center.

When you exit the terminal you will see lots of people in outfits who do tours.

We skip them and walk a little further where we have negotiated for a taxi. There is someone who speak good english who you negotiate with.

Other options are certainly the ships tour or booking a private tour ahead of time.

It is a beautiful city.

Keith

On the QV in 2016, and calling at Cartagena, Colombia. I was wondering if any of you who have been there, can tell me if there was a Cunard shuttle bus from the port to the old town or city centre.

I have also found that there is a city guided tour by bus from the cruise terminal but it is only 3 hours, and would really like longer. The Ho-Ho bus, I believe, is some way from the terminal, and the walk to pick this up, is not the best!

Hi Ladyl1, No shuttle as previously explained, but there is a hop on hop off bus, sometimes it adds a port stop but we won't know that till we get there. Im on a segway tour that day in Cartagena, it has extremely good reviews and there are several options. Let me know if you think you're game and ill flick you the website.

Roscoe

We are joining QV at Cape Town on the final leg in April.

But we are visiting Catagena next month with Coral Princess and have had booked a tour with a small goup of fellow passengers with Cladia Vidal, a local guide, who comes highly recommended on Tripadvisor and Cruise Critic.

There's a video of one of her tours on this link: http://www.toursclaudiavidal.com/index.htm

Cartagena is one of my favourite ports of call in the Caribbean. Ships dock very close to where you can get tours or taxis at the port. We got in a mini bus with some fellow passengers. It was cheap and a very good tour. Some of the passengers had a couple of places they wanted to go, so we went there as well as the normal planned itinerary.

Beautiful Cartagena de Indias! After the drive-around tour, just grab a taxi and go to Fuerte San Felipe for a guided tour. Ask for Duran the tour guide but most are good. You find them around the statue of San Blas, the "half man" in front of the fort.

Another option is to ask if any tours of La Popa, the monestary on the top overlooking the city, are available. La Popa means "the stern" as in stern of a ship because it is shaped like that.

:)

We just took a taxi from the port to the walled city. As we got out the taxi, we saw a Tourist Info Kiosk (before you go through the gates in the wall). They gave us an excellent leaflet for a self-guided walk. It is a beautiful city but it was VERY hot when we were there and those who did a ship's tour regretted doing it and wished they could stop and have a cold drink / find a shady place like we were able to.