Deployment 2017/18 - first guesses and implications

That link took me to EB 2016, not 2017 :confused:

Oh no, oops! I didn't realise that one, I'll delete it...

:) Probably not a good idea to post an e-mail address on a public forum, anyway. Automated programs harvest web sites for e-mail addresses, and put them on lists for spamming, phishing, etc.

That link took me to EB 2016, not 2017 :confused:

Sorry....

When i pulled it up earlier it was showing 2017.

Royal redeployment desk phone number for the cancelled Rhapsody TA

1-888-281-9344

Edited by Beachammo

Sorry....

When i pulled it up earlier it was showing 2017.

Royal redeployment desk phone number for the cancelled Rhapsody TA

1-888-281-9344

When you called, did they actually offer you the OBC and price protection on the new cruises? I'm still waiting for a phone call about Rhapsody cancellation. :confused:

When you called, did they actually offer you the OBC and price protection on the new cruises? I'm still waiting for a phone call about Rhapsody cancellation. :confused:

They offered both....I never got a phone call.

I didn't need the price protection as the Jewel TA was half the price of Rhapsod y. They applied the $400 OBC to Jewel also.

They offered both....I never got a phone call.

I didn't need the price protection as the Jewel TA was half the price of Rhapsod y. They applied the $400 OBC to Jewel also.

Same situation for us... we got a great price on a D1 on Jewel TA and then we'll do the 9 night Greek Isles from Rome while we're over there. I'm guessing you had a suite booked on Rhapsody whereas we only had a balcony and from what I've read, the OBC they are offering for all cabins other than suites is $200.

Our cabin on Rhapsody was almost double what we are paying on Jewel so we don't need price protection either. ;)

Same situation for us... we got a great price on a D1 on Jewel TA and then we'll do the 9 night Greek Isles from Rome while we're over there. I'm guessing you had a suite booked on Rhapsody whereas we only had a balcony and from what I've read, the OBC they are offering for all cabins other than suites is $200.

Our cabin on Rhapsody was almost double what we are paying on Jewel so we don't need price protection either. ;)

We are doing the same thing...22 days at sea.

Yes.....We had an aft wrap JS on Rhapsody and grabbed JS cabin 1100 on Jewel for the B2B. The cost of those 22 days was only $440 more than Rhapsody.

Yes.....We had an aft wrap JS on Rhapsody and grabbed JS cabin 1100 on Jewel for the B2B. The cost of those 22 days was only $440 more than Rhapsody.

You did well - enjoy[emoji2]

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk

US too. The D1 I got for TA has already gone up $1200 since I booked last week. The Greek Isle following was already much more expensive. Still worth it!

Remember if you're booking in the UK, you may not be able to reprice once onboard without losing your deposit or incurring charges ;).

Hanging my head in shame... :o I really need to start looking at where people are from before telling them to big willy-nilly like I do...

Hi @ all,

don't know whether you already know these articles?

-http://asia.nikkei.com/Business/Companies/Mega-cruise-ship-to-begin-making-stops-in-Japan-in-2018

-http://www.cruisetotravel.com/2016/03/07/royal-goes-big-in-asia/

They state a likely Asiadeployment of an Oasis-Class ship, with stops at Japan, beginning the cruise season 2017/18. Let's see how the story ends...

It's posted on the C and A FB page that Caribbean opens for C and A member tomorrow. Wonder if it will work any better than the previous 2 weeks where they opened for the general public at the same time.

We will find out soon;)

Hi @ all,

don't know whether you already know these articles?

-http://asia.nikkei.com/Business/Companies/Mega-cruise-ship-to-begin-making-stops-in-Japan-in-2018

-http://www.cruisetotravel.com/2016/03/07/royal-goes-big-in-asia/

They state a likely Asiadeployment of an Oasis-Class ship, with stops at Japan, beginning the cruise season 2017/18. Let's see how the story ends...

I saw them, but the stories aren't concrete enough for me to believe them.

Also, all 3 Oasis Class ships are booked at St. Maarten through the 17/18 winter season. Of course, that could change. And in addition to that, the UK website lists all 3 Oasis Class ships as being in the Caribbean. So...unless this is a recent change, it is just a rumor.

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

How does Oasis Class get to China?

I don't think she fits through the Suez... or does she?

Only option would be sailing around the horn as even the new Panama Canal is not wide enough I believe.

It's posted on the C and A FB page that Caribbean opens for C and A member tomorrow. Wonder if it will work any better than the previous 2 weeks where they opened for the general public at the same time.

We will find out soon;)

Is this for 2017 or 2018?

How does Oasis Class get to China?

I don't think she fits through the Suez... or does she?

I think she would fit through the Suez Canal, it does not have any locks, and even the largest and widest tankers are passing the Suez Canal, so IMHO this transfer-route would be most likely.

Around the horn I would exclude, most of the ports are rather small, at least I cannot imagine that they can handle a ship such Oasis otS.

Most ships on the Horn route are sized betwenn 60000 and 115000 GT, so more is not possible.

I think she would fit through the Suez Canal, it does not have any locks, and even the largest and widest tankers are passing the Suez Canal, so IMHO this transfer-route would be most likely.

Around the horn I would exclude, most of the ports are rather small, at least I cannot imagine that they can handle a ship such Oasis otS.

Most ships on the Horn route are sized betwenn 60000 and 115000 GT, so more is not possible.

I think Oasis class ships might be restricted by height on the Suez Canal though. Limit is 68 meters and Oasis is 72 meters.

I think the same will be true for the new Panama Canal. Oasis class will fit length/width/draft, but be too tall to get under the bridge.