Deployment 2017/18 - first guesses and implications

Since I am on a ship now the Next Criuise desk agent wrote a note to guest services for me to use their phone to call RCI about the issue. I also would like all the deposit monies from the 2 Navigator sailings to be transferred to the new booking I will make onboard

Hi Emmy- We have been able to get the OBC and change to another date that is not listed. You just have to keep your original reservation number. Good luck- See you around the ship

Hi Emmy- We have been able to get the OBC and change to another date that is not listed. You just have to keep your original reservation number. Good luck- See you around the ship

Hey, what are you doing up so early? You're on vacation, staying up late, closing the bars!!!

So they are giving 200.00 OBC for a cruise cancelled a year in advance but gave 50.00 to us Empress first round of cancellations with a few weeks notice.

Hard to understand but what can you do.

Good Luck Emmy, but from the letter you received it seems like it should be no problem.

A little under 2 years actually ;)

Any news yet on the Anthem 12N for December 2, 2017 yet? Listed on the "Adventure Collection" and Cruise-Cal but nowhere else yet. Asked on-board last week, but they didn't know anything either.

It is now out.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Hey MadFlyer or anyone who may have some "inside" info...

Since all the itineraries for Empress were removed from Cruisecal, I haven't read/heard anything else. Has anyone noticed any new bookings on the any port's websites?

All Vision sailings after August 22, 2017 (including the Aug 22 sailing) are showing sold out.

Something seems to be changing...

Thanks for the update.

Hopefully she's coming back to the states. :D

I'm booked on the 8/11/17 sailing and all seems ok so far.

Edited by CRUISEBOY305

All Vision sailings after August 22, 2017 (including the Aug 22 sailing) are showing sold out.

:confused::( We are booked on the September 27, 2017, sailing with a great itinerary from Venice - 5 new ports for us. We will be very disappointed if the cruise is cancelled.

Almost certainly a redeployment.

The last Vision cruise that remains on sale ends in Copenhagen. This would suggest that she is headed west to the Americas. It's hard to imagine they would have cancelled the following 9 cruises if she was headed to the Middle East or Asia either under Royal or a sister cruise line.

Guess we'll find out soon.

I wish they'd stop doing stuff like this after people are already booked and excited for their cruise(s). It's just not a good way to do business :( You'd think since they've been doing this for almost 50 years they'd know how to plan their schedules better by now :rolleyes:

I wish they'd stop doing stuff like this after people are already booked and excited for their cruise(s). It's just not a good way to do business :( You'd think since they've been doing this for almost 50 years they'd know how to plan their schedules better by now :rolleyes:

Especially since RCI consistently delays deployments in the first place.

Especially since RCI consistently delays deployments in the first place.

So true! Compared to many of their competitors and with little more than a year's notice for many itineraries, their formula seems almost last minute. Maybe they like the way the delay builds "suspense" and urgency to book immediately upon release.

Hey MadFlyer or anyone who may have some "inside" info...

Since all the itineraries for Empress were removed from Cruisecal, I haven't read/heard anything else. Has anyone noticed any new bookings on the any port's websites?

Royal Caribbean just sold 51% of Pullmantur and CDF Cruises to their partner Springwater Capital. RCL will retain ownership of all of the ships and will manage marine operations. This would support Majesty at some point in the future still moving over to Pullmantur.

Empress and Majesty's dry docks at Freeport are being held simultaneously at the moment.

Empress Cuba sailings have been pulled prior to April of 2017 and replaced with short sailings from Miami to 'Haiti' and 'Cozumel' among others.

Royal Caribbean just sold 51% of Pullmantur and CDF Cruises to their partner Springwater Capital. RCL will retain ownership of all of the ships and will manage marine operations. This would support Majesty at some point in the future still moving over to Pullmantur.

Empress and Majesty's dry docks at Freeport are being held simultaneously at the moment.

Empress Cuba sailings have been pulled prior to April of 2017 and replaced with short sailings from Miami to 'Haiti' and 'Cozumel' among others.

I saw both these announcements yesterday on other social media and wondered if they could be related. Perhaps part of the sale of Pulmantur is to include Vision? I'm only mentioning it because of the coincidental timing.

Re my Navigator cancelled sailings for April 2018 ~ I spoke with someone from Re Accomodations desk and I can book a new cruise and keep the $200 OBC. I cannot however combine it with a hold I have right now on the ship with a sailing because that has a different booking number. I have to retain the same booking number so basically a transfer.

So my options are book onboard for $100 OBC or do it when I get home and get $200 OBC if I transfer one of the canceled Navigator sailing to one I want. I will wait til I am home now to do that

By the way this is the 3rd RCI sailing I have had canceled in about 1 month. I also had my Empress canceled for May 14.

I asked where Navigator is going but of course the standard answer "we do not know'

Glad I found this. We are booked on the first sailing that seems to be "sold out"! And just after having gotten a nice price drop with the newer promotion. I saw that all sailings after ours show the same. Anyone have any idea when they would let us know what is going on? :confused:

I saw both these announcements yesterday on other social media and wondered if they could be related. Perhaps part of the sale of Pulmantur is to include Vision? I'm only mentioning it because of the coincidental timing.
Hope RCI keeps Vision and repositions here in Port Canaveral for short cruises. I really like MJ (Mangesh), who is in the CL.

Of course, if VI goes to Pulmantur, MJ would go to another ship.

Well, at one time they had Rhapsody going to PC, so I could see them putting Vision there.

Majesty really is getting the splash area, seems destined for the PC family market. Does Pullmantur cater to that demographic

Hope RCI keeps Vision and repositions here in Port Canaveral for short cruises. I really like MJ (Mangesh), who is in the CL.

Of course, if VI goes to Pulmantur, MJ would go to another ship.

Was just on Vision and we had Patricia in the CL and Vojtech in the DL. Love them both. :D

The Vision calls at Split and Dubrovnik in November 2017 have not yet been cancelled and both have had updates this week.

Legend is also an unknown factor after October 2017.

Having sailed on both Vision and Legend last year, I feel both have very long lives left in them, whether with RCI or elsewhere.

I can not help but think that some ship movements in the future may be driven by the re-branding of Thomson Cruises to TUI, starting with the conversion of Splendour to the TUI Discovery.

As they already have the former Celebrity Century with SkySea Cruises out of China, they could be wanting to send the former Celebrity Galaxy and Celebrity Mercury that are now the TUI Mein Schiff 1 and 2 over to SkySea as well. These ships are currently scheduled to move to Thomson Cruises.

It just seems it would be much easier to market Sovereign Class with Pullmantur, Century Class with SkySea and then move a couple more Vision class over to the TUI/Thomson fleet.

The leasing of ships and provision of maritime operations for these joint venture cruise lines could be a good profit center for RCL, the parent of RCI.

The move of RCI Captain Zini over to SkySea as the Chief Operating Officer would seem to support this. Operating three 'like' vessels must be easier than having a mixed fleet.

http://www.seatrade-cruise.com/news/news-headlines/royal-caribbeans-capt-zini-adds-coo-job-at-skysea-cruises.html