Deployment 2017/18 - first guesses and implications

Yes that is correct.

And with everything pretty much being deployed, I doubt there will be a replacement.

Yeah, I know. Hated the itineraries, so no loss to me.

With all the Visions saying goodbye, I'm thinking I need to squeeze 1 or 2 sailings in on the class in the next couple of years. Worried this will really be the end of the "small ships".

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

Sent to TAs today, I assume those booked directly with Royal will receive communications from them. Shared by a TA on another board.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ON LEGEND, RHAPSODY AND VISION SAILINGS:

Legend of the Seas to Depart Royal Caribbean International Fleet

June 1, 2016

With the announcement of the sale of Legend of the Seas in 2017, we took a step back to determine how best to adjust our itineraries to offer our valued guests the widest and most exciting range of itineraries. In evaluating how best to move forward, please know that we fully recognize that this is not a matter of simply moving dates and ships. We realize your clients’ vacation is precious and we want to do everything we can to ensure it is exceptional.

To that end, we wanted to share some very important information regarding their upcoming sailing. Existing Legend of the Seas sailings on or after February 20, 2017 have been cancelled. In order to continue offering our guests the best possible vacation experience, the current deployment for Rhapsody of the Seas and Vision of the Seas will also be adjusted to accommodate some of these recent changes.

Please note the impacted sailings listed below:

• Legend of the Seas sailings between February 20, 2017 and October 14, 2017

• Rhapsody of the Seas sailings between April 29, 2017 and November 12, 2017

• Vision of the Seas sailings between August 22, 2017 and November 17, 2017

A detailed communication outlining the alternative options and associated compensation is being issued to all travel partners with guests on these sailings. We will do our best to ensure the most optimal solution is reached for your clients.

If you have questions or concerns that need to be addressed or if you do not receive the communication, you are more than welcome to call our special help desk.

We appreciate your assistance in communicating this information to any clients you have booked on these sailings, and we thank you for your continued support of Royal Caribbean International.

Edited by internetwhiz

Shifted.

We were on 9/20/17 on the Rhapsody, and when I logged in this morning, we were already booked on the Vision.

Very different cabin, but because of the change, the cabin we wanted on the Rhapsody was available, so we got it.

Thanks to Comcast, we don't get marketing e-mails from RCI, so I had to reply on this board. So thanks for helping us get a better cabin than we started with.

After talking with our TA, I checked My Cruises and we were also changed to the same cabin for both cruises on Vision. When our TA finally got a rep, she was told it was all taken care of. We actually saved a few dollars on the September 20th cruise.

Yeah, I know. Hated the itineraries, so no loss to me.

With all the Visions saying goodbye, I'm thinking I need to squeeze 1 or 2 sailings in on the class in the next couple of years. Worried this will really be the end of the "small ships".

Yeah, any Caribbean or Bahamas sailing out of Bayonne makes little sense to me living in Florida. Bermuda however, is a different story. :D

After talking with our TA, I checked My Cruises and we were also changed to the same cabin for both cruises on Vision. When our TA finally got a rep, she was told it was all taken care of. We actually saved a few dollars on the September 20th cruise.

Check your cabin, though.

On the Rh, we had one of the middle aft JS's, and the change moved us to 8540. Thankfully, since his is so very new, I was able to change that to 8588.

But thanks for pointing out the savings! Pretty good drop in price for us, too!!!

Thanks Patti,

just out of curiosity, what if someone was not happy with the sailing they were placed in? (I don't see any reason why it would be a big deal, but there's always at least one. lol :eek: )

Thanks Patti,

just out of curiosity, what if someone was not happy with the sailing they were placed in? (I don't see any reason why it would be a big deal, but there's always at least one. lol :eek: )

Good question which I can't answer!:o BOB WHERE ARE YOU???

Good question which I can't answer!:o BOB WHERE ARE YOU???

Don't know Patti, never been in this situation and can't remember reading about it here. I would assume if someone did not like their placement, and could not come to an accommodation on the same cruise, they would get some sort of consideration to book a different cruise.

I'm sure we will get some details in the next few days as people report their experiences.

Edited by clarea

Don't know Patti, never been in this situation and can't remember reading about it here. I would assume if someone did not like their placement, and could not come to an accommodation on the same cruise, they would get some sort of consideration to book a different cruise.

I'm sure we will get some details in the next few days as people report their experiences.

Thanks Bob, because you know someone will not like the 1 day difference :rolleyes:

Check your cabin, though.

On the Rh, we had one of the middle aft JS's, and the change moved us to 8540. Thankfully, since his is so very new, I was able to change that to 8588.

But thanks for pointing out the savings! Pretty good drop in price for us, too!!!

They kept us in the same cabin on Vision that we had on Rhapsody.

After thinking about it further, IMO, since this change happened 16 months from departure, you would not be given an option since flights and hotels aren't available to book yet. And since Vision is doing the exact same itineraries as Rhapsody, with 1 additional port and sea day on the 9/7 sailing, I don't think that would affect anyone's decision.

Edited by cruisenfever

After thinking about it further, IMO, since this change happened 16 months from departure, you would not be given an option since flights and hotels aren't available to book yet. And since Vision is doing the exact same itineraries as Rhapsody, with 1 additional port and sea day on the 9/7 sailing, I don't think that would affect anyone's decision.

I tend to agree, and as Vision and Rhapsody are identical (I think), I would think that everyone could get the same exact stateroom.

I tend to agree, and as Vision and Rhapsody are identical (I think), I would think that everyone could get the same exact stateroom.

Far enough apart to change things. On Deck 8, from cabins 8040/8540 forward, they are identical. From there back, they are not. On the Vision, the new cabins next to the Centrum have odd numbered cabins, so the JS's start back up at 8042/8542 just aft of them. On the Rhapsody- the numbers just increase from the first new cabin in the middle.

So most of the same JS's are 8 apart aft of the centrum.

We had middle JS 8102 on the Rh, the change moved us to 8540 on the Vi- much farther forward. Thankfully- the massive wrap around balcony cabin 8588 was available when I called.

Ironically, we were supposed to be in that cabin for a cruise in Feb that we had to cancel at the last moment.... So we have it again.

Edited by alfaeric

Maybe Legend is going because she was a twin of Splendour.

Could very well be, in addition to being the oldest and lowest passenger capacity of the Vision class ships left.

As least we got to enjoy her on a TA a few years ago.:)

Vision winter season deployment was not defined in the press release.

It will be interesting to see if this can lead to a Panama Canal or Southern Caribbean deployment for Vision.

The move of Legend first to Thomson did make sense as she was first due for a 5 year mechanical dry dock in February of 2018.

The Vision dry dock is due in November of 2018.

I am not sure if they still have the Rhapsody dry dock scheduled for December of 2016.

Far enough apart to change things. On Deck 8, from cabins 8040/8540 forward, they are identical. From there back, they are not. On the Vision, the new cabins next to the Centrum have odd numbered cabins, so the JS's start back up at 8042/8542 just aft of them. On the Rhapsody- the numbers just increase from the first new cabin in the middle.

So most of the same JS's are 8 apart aft of the centrum.

We had middle JS 8102 on the Rh, the change moved us to 8540 on the Vi- much farther forward. Thankfully- the massive wrap around balcony cabin 8588 was available when I called.

Ironically, we were supposed to be in that cabin for a cruise in Feb that we had to cancel at the last moment.... So we have it again.

Are the actual staterooms the same between the ships, just the numbering is different?

Are the actual staterooms the same between the ships, just the numbering is different?

Staterooms are the same, just the numbering. And I'm only referencing Deck 8, so am not sure about the rest.

The Visions's revisions are odd- I've only seen inside cabins with odd numbers, and there's 4 on each side with odd numbers.

Seems like that's a reason we got moved to a different number, since 8102 does not even exist on the Vision. Lots of confusion potential there.

The rumor was always that Legend would be the first sold and would be based in China with CTRIP.

The sale of Legend to TUI for lease to Thomson now might free up the Mein Shiff 1 and 2, the former Celebrity Galaxy and Mercury to join their sister ship at CTRIP in China in the RCL joint venture, SkySea Cruises.

While they are still shown as joining Thomson, that does not make sense with the addition of Legend.

It is interesting that Thomson ships are being re-branded as TUI. It seems that RCL remain a part owner of the ships

The move to keep former ships of the same class together at the same secondary cruise line seems like a wise choice.

Staterooms are the same, just the numbering. And I'm only referencing Deck 8, so am not sure about the rest.

The Visions's revisions are odd- I've only seen inside cabins with odd numbers, and there's 4 on each side with odd numbers.

Seems like that's a reason we got moved to a different number, since 8102 does not even exist on the Vision. Lots of confusion potential there.

I believe Rhapsody was the ship where they added the staterooms around the centrum and changed existing stateroom numbers aft of the centrum. They messed up existing bookings, i.e., people with corner afts no longer had corner afts. So when it came to add the same centrum staterooms to Vision, they decided to avoid the self-inflicted fiasco they had on Rhapsody and give the new staterooms odd numbers.

They kept us in the same cabin on Vision that we had on Rhapsody.

Happy it worked out for you. It did for us too. I wouldn't have known anything if it wasn't for CC. When I logged into My Cruises I saw that we got the same location cabin we had....just a different cabin #.

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise

Happy it worked out for you. I wouldn't have known anything if it wasn't for CC. Didn't get an email from RCI but when I logged into My Cruises I saw that we got the same location cabin we had....just a different cabin #.

Nice to see that we will get to cruise together again after Brilliance.:D

Check pricing on the September 7th cruise as it is higher.

What a crap with this cruise line... [emoji849] typical for RCCL to implement such huge changes when the itineraries are already open for bookings, and the deployments are done!! Couldn't they do that before??

Very sad to see another smaller RCCL ship going out of the fleet, IMHO the Vision Class is important for the line and beloved by many clients!!

It seems Vision is doing the Cape Liberty itineraries to Canada/New England and Rhapsody seems to replace Legend out of Venice...

As far as it looks, the Amsterdam/Copenhagen deployment for Vision will remain, however? And I think she is doing a Transatlantic to Cape Liberty after her summer deployment, to fit in for Rhapsody?

Edited by shipfriend_max