Deployment 2017/18 - first guesses and implications

This has already probably been talked about, but my search skills aren't up to the task of finding it. . .

Any idea when the fall 2018 trip of Radiance from Vancouver to Hawaii will open up?

Thanks

This has already probably been talked about, but my search skills aren't up to the task of finding it. . .

Any idea when the fall 2018 trip of Radiance from Vancouver to Hawaii will open up?

Thanks

that will open during next years deployment. March/April

More tonnage in the Caribbean should make prices go down for our May 2017 cruise or other cruises.

I wouldn't count on it. My April 2017 Anthem cruise is almost sold out only 2 DO balcony cabins left out of all the balcony categories, and the price has doubled since I booked. My February 2017 is getting close to being sold out. I don't know if it's different from other ports, but the Anthem almost always sells out, especially on the longer cruises.

Edited by gaylemh

I wouldn't count on it. My April 2017 Anthem cruise is almost sold out only 2 DO balcony cabins left out of all the balcony categories, and the price has doubled since I booked. My February 2017 is getting close to being sold out. I don't know if it's different from other ports, but the Anthem almost always sells out, especially on the longer cruises.

Anthem is a newer ship, I would expect prices to be high and sail dates to sell out. :) But if more ships return to the Caribbean, then supply and demand will inevitably have an effect.

Edited by travelgoddess1

Anthem is a newer ship, I would expect prices to be high and sail dates to sell out. :) But if more ships return to the Caribbean, then supply and demand will inevitably have an effect.

Are you referring to the impact of other lines adding capacity to the Florida ports. Between Oasis and Epic, Port Canaveral is adding over 5,000 weekly berths I think.

Lots of new tonnage with MSC and Carnival in south Florida as well

Edited by John&LaLa

Are you referring to the impact of other lines adding capacity to the Florida ports. Between Oasis and Epic, Port Canaveral is adding over 5,000 weekly berths I think.

Lots of new tonnage with MSC and Carnival in south Florida as well

Yes -- and I rest my case. :)

I don't think it's because Anthem is a new ship. Explorer always sold out also.

It's because Anthem is the only ship sailing out of NJ year round, which is much easier and cheaper to get to for most people living in the area than NY. Just parking alone in NY is double. Also a lot of people like RCCI more than NCL or Carnival that sail out of NY.

Although with all the Bahamas itineraries they have for 2017-2018, it may change.

2 snaps Karen.

And only time will tell if other ships (cruise lines) will follow in Celebrity Eqinox's wake :rolleyes:

I remember one of the times RCI redeployed several ships. It was after a terror attack. Anything is possible in this day and age, and it shouldn't be minimized.

Both redeployed and new capacity could bring down some prices for next spring and summer.

Although that is a reasonable assumption it could be offset by some travelers resistance to travel to Europe.

This summer Alaska set a record for capacity and at the same time had very strong pricing this season.

Although that is a reasonable assumption it could be offset by some travelers resistance to travel to Europe.

This summer Alaska set a record for capacity and at the same time had very strong pricing this season.

Aren't those Explorer coastals going for a very low price

Maybe, because drive to ports don't have all that much appeal for Californians. San Francisco is about half an hour away. I went to school in Monterey...lots of fun and interesting things to do there. And the aquarium is awesome! Santa Barbara is quaint. A coastal cruise would be fun, just because it is a cruise. The prices on Jewel were ridiculous last year, and when they did come down..we already had other plans. (which included tour guiding with Jewel cruisers)

As I recall, the coastal cruises would have also involved a <more expensive> flight to the embarkation port.

Mexico or the Mexican Riviera ports are a lot more fun. :D The west Coast of Mexico has really fun port stops with things to do. Even the much maligned Ensenada has things that are enjoyable on a short cruise. :) And we really enjoyed the San Diego/Catalina/Ensenada cruises. Catalina is wonderful. So is Cabo San Lucas.

It would sort of be like a Floridian Coastal for people that live in Florida. Edited by Coralc

When the Explorer coastal cruises first came out, they were pricy. We had two booked, and we eventually switched to something else. They have now come down in price (after final payment), I imagine because of low bookings.

Edited by travelgoddess1

Nice deal. You don't see many JS's under $150 per night anymore.

Not unless you have friends watching prices for you!:D

Thanks again to you and Ellen!

Edited by clarea