Deployment 2017/18 - first guesses and implications

As of this moment, the TA is still available for sale on Royal's website. However, the following cruises are showing Sold Out, suggesting possible cancellation or change:

- All the Fall Foliage cruises between the TA and the repositioning from Cape Liberty to Tampa,

- The repositioning from Cape Liberty to Tampa, and

- The first Western Caribbean cruise following this repositioning.

Do you have additional information that would suggest the TA has been cancelled?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

When they redeployed Rhapsody back to Europe they cancelled all her fall foliage cruises and the Vision is leaving Europe early now to do those runs instead. Rhapsody "new" transatlantic was changed to end in Tampa on 11/19, which I think is 1 week later than she was originally planned to return. As others have said its getting hard to keep track of the changes.

Edited by AtlantaCruiser72

Funny enough about a week ago we decided to do two weeks on the Harmony instead of the Rhapsody transatlantic. I think someone has put a hex on that ship!

P.S. - I just checked the Rhapsody 11/5/17 sailing in espresso (travel agent system) and it is still open for sale. Have you received some sort of notice from Royal?

I was booked Rhapsody Oct 2017 Cape to Tampa Repo and was also doing B2B Nov 5 2017. Both were canceled 2 weeks ago per Royal... I got OBC for both changes

When they redeployed Rhapsody back to Europe they cancelled all her fall foliage cruises and the Vision is leaving Europe early now to do those runs instead. Rhapsody "new" transatlantic was changed to end in Tampa on 11/19, which I think is 1 week later than she was originally planned to return. As others have said its getting hard to keep track of the changes.

Thanks for clarifying. I'm clearly losing track.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Funny enough about a week ago we decided to do two weeks on the Harmony instead of the Rhapsody transatlantic. I think someone has put a hex on that ship!

P.S. - I just checked the Rhapsody 11/5/17 sailing in espresso (travel agent system) and it is still open for sale. Have you received some sort of notice from Royal?

There are reports of people receiving notice both on the roll call and on a RCI group on that big web site we are not supposed to mention. It sounds like those in the UK got the first notification.

I wonder if, going forward, the UK leaving the EU will affect how RC deploys ships in Europe.

Might we see fewer ships sailing out of Southampton? RC dropped Harwich as a departure port this summer.

The Rhapsody of the Seas TA for Nov. 5, 2017 that was posted as available two weeks ago has been cancelled.

I have lost track of all the Rhapsody changes for 2017.

On the RCI UK website, the Rhapsody TA Nov 2017 isn't even listed!!

I wonder if, going forward, the UK leaving the EU will affect how RC deploys ships in Europe.

Might we see fewer ships sailing out of Southampton? RC dropped Harwich as a departure port this summer.

I never even thought of that...too many Customs to go through if heading onto Europe. Interesting!!!

Royal Caribbean added some new Vision of the Seas sailings in 2017, from Galveston, Texas.

The new sailings are available for booking now, and include 4- and 5-night cruises to destinations in Mexico.

Sailing dates begin on November 6, 2017 and extend through the end of December.

Hopefully posturing for Cuba itinerary out of Galveston will follow.

!

Royal Caribbean added some new Vision of the Seas sailings in 2017, from Galveston, Texas.

The new sailings are available for booking now, and include 4- and 5-night cruises to destinations in Mexico.

!

Oooh. Nice to have options for short cruises other than Carnival which I won't do. Will have to check those out.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

!

I thought the whole reason for bringing Empress back was that the other Royal ships were too large to go to Cuba.:confused:

I thought the whole reason for bringing Empress back was that the other Royal ships were too large to go to Cuba.:confused:

Yes correct ! Out of Miami !

There have been other considerations by RCL out of Galveston!

What decisions RCL makes, is in the future world conflicts and situations of resulting supply and demand. We shall see! Time is on our side! We are cruising regardless! Where when seems to change frequently! Heck We are changing again cruises today!

Have a wonderful day clarea. And as always, thanks for your substantial support, and patience on these forums! :):)

• 3 weeks later...
Celebrity has pulled Equinox from Europe next year for a Caribbean deployment.

I wonder if Royal will be next.

http://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/15603-celebrity-pulls-equinox-out-of-europe-for-2017-summer-in-caribbean.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

More tonnage in the Caribbean should make prices go down for our May 2017 cruise or other cruises.