Deployment 2017/18 - first guesses and implications

Just noticed that Navigator is scheduled to stop in Amsterdam on 20th October from 7am to 6pm - wonder what cruise that could be part of? It lists it as Navigator's maiden call to the port.

Short cruise to Brugge, Le Havre, Cherbourg and Amsterdam or something similar from Southampton, a common itinerary in October before the Transatlantic.

Short cruise to Brugge, Le Havre, Cherbourg and Amsterdam or something similar from Southampton, a common itinerary in October before the Transatlantic.

Thanks for your reply.

I'd be pleased with that addition, would be good to see new/different ports added to what usually are the same itineraries.

Hi. Thank you for the schedule. Would you expect the Radiance Vancouver to Hawaii cruise to come out with the Alaska cruises or I hope not but rather the Australian cruises?

Thank you

Carla

Last couple of years it has been released with the Australian cruises.

Does anyone know if there is a way to see who will be sailing to the ABC's for late 2017 or early 2018. Mainly the B and C part. I am looking to do the Navigator but I would like to go in Oct and from what I have seen in the past Navigator does not start the ABC until the new year.

Does anyone know if there is a way to see who will be sailing to the ABC's for late 2017 or early 2018. Mainly the B and C part. I am looking to do the Navigator but I would like to go in Oct and from what I have seen in the past Navigator does not start the ABC until the new year.

Navigator would not be available in Miami until November of 2017 as she is booked to sail out of Southampton. The final sailing appears to leave 2 weeks earlier than November of 2016 on October 28th, 2017 from Southampton stopping in Madeira, Portugal and Tenerife, Spain among others.

The earliest Navigator sailing would be in November.

Explorer of the Seas has a booking in Papeete 30 April 2017. Maybe Explorer is going on a different route to Seattle. This route would be more popular then the South Pacific route currently on sale.

http://www.portdepapeete.pf/services/arrivees-et-departs/#resultat

The 22 night South Pacific sailing from Sydney to Seattle, starting the 22nd of April 2017, is already on sale since about a year. :o

I beleive I have seen her in fall 2017, listed in Papeete as well, so she is really likely to sail Alaska again in 2017 - if RCCL is not cancelling this itinerary shortly before opening the new schedules - as they have done with Rhapsody's Hawaii sailings for April 2015, or Explorer's Australia - Asia cruise, planned for April 2016. :rolleyes:

The 22 night South Pacific sailing from Sydney to Seattle, starting the 22nd of April 2017, is already on sale since about a year. :o

I beleive I have seen her in fall 2017, listed in Papeete as well, so she is really likely to sail Alaska again in 2017 - if RCCL is not cancelling this itinerary shortly before opening the new schedules - as they have done with Rhapsody's Hawaii sailings for April 2015, or Explorer's Australia - Asia cruise, planned for April 2016. :rolleyes:

But it's odd to see a booking in Papeete, since the current April 27 TP doesn't include that port.

Personally, I think Voyager Class is a terrible choice for Alaska! Very inward focused, with not nearly as many inside viewing areas for when the weather is crappy. I'd love to see Ovation head to Alaska! :D

Max I am tipping Royal Caribbean could be going to send Explorer on the other route via New Zealand and Papeete. If they do change the route I wonder if it will become 2 cruises one to Hawaii and the 2 be via Mexico to Seattle.

I am well aware Explorer has been sale now for about 8 months Sydney to Seattle via Fiji.

B... Personally, I think Voyager Class is a terrible choice for Alaska! Very inward focused, with not nearly as many inside viewing areas for when the weather is crappy. I'd love to see Ovation head to Alaska! :D

The open Solarium doesn't help either. The Royal Promenade is going to be packed.

Edited by clarea

Personally, I think Voyager Class is a terrible choice for Alaska! Very inward focused, with not nearly as many inside viewing areas for when the weather is crappy. I'd love to see Ovation head to Alaska! :D

That's what I am thinking too, based on my experiences on Liberty otS, which should be very similar to Voyager Class.

The only lounge with sea view is the relatively small Viking Crown Lounge, and all other venes are lacking view, IMHO. A closed Saolarium isn't decisive for an Alaska cruise IMHO, since it was always empty on our Alaska cruise with Millennium, and you always have a musty atmosphere of an indoor swimming pool.

Also, Princess and NCL are deploying several ships in Alaska with open pools only.

But, nevertheless, I'd also say Explorer isn't a great choice for Alaska, also too large, and less spaces with open sea views.

Ovation would be better, at least, the Solarium provides great views.

Ovation has been promised to home port in Australia. The words was something like "until at least 2019" which at that point I think possibly Oasis ots will head out there and Ovation may move to Alaskan cruises & Florida cruises. But not before. I think quantum 4 (2019) is probably Europe's, maybe even year round, Barcelona winter - Southampton summer.

Good question, we are hoping so

Tbh No, I don't think there is a big enough market. Princess have been trying to flog that cruise very cheaply in the UK.

2014 93% of passengers boarding a Royal Caribbean ship from UK came from the UK. Highest home porters fleet wide according to a crew member.

Ovation has been promised to home port in Australia. The words was something like "until at least 2019" which at that point I think possibly Oasis ots will head out there and Ovation may move to Alaskan cruises & Florida cruises. But not before. I think quantum 4 (2019) is probably Europe's, maybe even year round, Barcelona winter - Southampton summer.

Ovation is going to China, homeporting in Australia will only be for a few short weeks each year during the Chinese off season.

Yes, well 'winter' season. Few short months.

I understood what you were saying. Seems that the Ovation cruises from Australia are selling at huge premiums so bringing her back makes sense. I think she's been confirmed for winter 2017-2018 (through port schedules). I sincerely hope for Ovation in Alaska in several years. That would be awesome, and I'd be glad to pay for a North Star ride while were near the glacier!:D

I also agree about an Oasis Class ship eventually making her way to Australia and Asia. However, on cruises from Australia, could Oasis fit in most of the ports?

Hi @all,

Portland (USA/Maine) now reports the 2017 calls, also Anthem/Grandeur/Serenade otS are litsed:

http://www.cruiseportlandmaine.com/why-cruise-here/cruise-schedule/2017-3/

While Grandeur and Anthem appear to call in their regular patterns (Gr: 8 night Canada/NE from Baltimore, alternating with 5 night Bermuda sailings, An: 9 night Canada/NE and 5 night Bermuda), Serenade not always appears in its weekly pattern of the 7 night cruise, she is offering in 2016 out of Boston.

Either the port order varies on some departures, or, together with the 7 night itinerary from Boston, she is also due to offer longer sailings up to Quebec City - if so, I would be glad! :)

Any thoughts?