Deployment 2017/18 - first guesses and implications

I sure hope they have a good 11 or 12 nighter out of Sydney in April 2018. Otherwise I'll have to come up with a Plan B for my birthday that year. Guess I"ll know in March.

One step closer to our 50th bday celebration lol hoping for a good round trip or a Sydney to Hong Kong or Singapore.

There should be a star beside the title of the thread. If you click on it, it will turn gold and subscribe you.

I found that one, but I linked to this from another thread-- I wasn't looking at the title. The link brought me to inside the thread and I couldn't figure out how to do it.

Feedback in red. I don't understand why you're getting so caught up in why RCI is no longer doing certain cruises. It's simple, they'd prefer to have their ships deployed elsewhere, including additional ships in Asia and Australia.

I do not ciritcize that RCCL is not oing certain cruises - every cruise line has a cruise area were they're not operating.

But what I do not like is such overweenig comments of being better than the others and providing a cruise experience that's not worth the "low-price-segment".

RCCL is way not as good as Princess, so such comments are absolutely wrong.

And the 7-10 night Mexico cruises on princess are sold at reasonable prices, but not at low prices, so Princess seems to be doing very well on that runs.

I do not ciritcize that RCCL is not oing certain cruises - every cruise line has a cruise area were they're not operating.

But what I do not like is such overweenig comments of being better than the others and providing a cruise experience that's not worth the "low-price-segment".

RCCL is way not as good as Princess, so such comments are absolutely wrong.

And the 7-10 night Mexico cruises on princess are sold at reasonable prices, but not at low prices, so Princess seems to be doing very well on that runs.

Okay, got it.

But I don't remember there ever being any comments that seemed to suggest Royal was better than the other lines. It is a fact that cabins were selling very cheap on some 7 night Mexico sailings, and I believe Royal basically said that they can't continue to sail that market because the prices are simply too low for what they are offering. I find that understandable, and I don't find that it directly relates to what the other lines are selling their cruises at.

Dubai cruises with RCL have been sold very cheap as well in all seasons they have offered this itenary but they keep coming back. This year with Splendor many cruised start under 300 USD for 7 nights. It was the same with Brilliance some years ago. Vision will become that cheap as well when the next winter season comes closer. Europe cruises have never been that cheap.

My wife and I are hoping for a British Isles--10-11 day Mid-May or Mid-August. Want a cruise that is balanced between England, Scotland and Ireland. Haven't seen what we like on any cruise line that we have looked at. Maybe on Vision?

Bill

tupperny - I, too, am hoping Royal will do a British Isles cruise in 2017. If not, I’ll likely go with Princess. They have what looks like a great 12 day itinerary from Southampton for summer 2017. Some of the cruises go to Liverpool and some to Kirkwell. In August, special overnights allow for attending the Edinburgh tattoo.

This is the I’m looking at for July 24 on the Caribbean Princess--

Ports: London (Southampton), England | Guernsey (St. Peter Port), England | Cork, Ireland (Cobh - For Blarney Castle) |Dublin, Ireland | Liverpool, England | Belfast, Northern Ireland| Glasgow (Greenock), Scotland | Inverness/Loch Ness (Invergordon), Scotland | Edinburgh (South Queensferry), Scotland | Paris/Normandy (Le Havre), France | London (Southampton), England

The timing of this schedule works perfectly for me.

We have a tradition of going on cruises generally in mid-March (our spring break/birthday cruise). We're going on our next one the week after the 2018 spring break schedule are to be released, so we'll be able to plan for and book March 2018's cruise during this upcoming cruise.

I've had really good luck with getting good pricing by booking so early, I hope that trend continues.

My wife and I are hoping for a British Isles--10-11 day Mid-May or Mid-August. Want a cruise that is balanced between England, Scotland and Ireland. Haven't seen what we like on any cruise line that we have looked at. Maybe on Vision?

Bill

Honestly I'd recommend EVERYONE to choose Princess for the British Isles, since they have the perfect itinerar, with every important port on that cruise - all the other lines at least miss one of the important ports.

We have done the itinerary with Princess years ago, and it was one of our best.

But back to topic: If there should be any chance for the British Isles, I'd reckon Vision does one or two out of Amsterdam in 2017.

Vision is also speculated for Hamburg, maybe from July 2017, and there she could also do some British Isles cruises...

Deployment schedule is now released

12552897_10153405160151693_7709528545489206955_n.jpg?oh=ff7e325bacc447818bece7b8c95d01b2&oe=572D9C12

Thank you ! We just booked a Western Mediterranean cruise on Celebrity since they were already available now I can check out Royals in a couple of weeks..best itinerary and price gets to keep my money . Can't wait

12509588_10208183636406226_8933005236988470060_n.jpg?oh=6ef02735159e548efc8ee5a6b91601d7&oe=573C2C9F

My DW and I want to do an Alaskan cruise for our 10-yr anniversary which is end of Sept, 2018. Will that particular time frame be released this year or next year? We want one of the elusive Corner aft balconies, so we want to on top of everything and ready to go when that time frame opens up.

Also, when is the Alaskan cruise season exactly?

Thanks in advance.

Greg

My DW and I want to do an Alaskan cruise for our 10-yr anniversary which is end of Sept, 2018. Will that particular time frame be released this year or next year? We want one of the elusive Corner aft balconies, so we want to on top of everything and ready to go when that time frame opens up.

Also, when is the Alaskan cruise season exactly?

Thanks in advance.

Greg

2018 Alaska itineraries won't be available until next year, around this time.

March 7 for Caribbean...so the countdown begins. Six weeks and counting! Any TA's who get a sneak preview, feel free to drop some hints (or itineraries) here. I'm looking for Winter 2018, San Juan, preferably including Dominica!

Thank you!

Not sure Winter 18 will be included, likely just through April

I think it will be through April 2018. They usually release about a year and a half in advance. I booked my January 2016 cruise soon after the itineraries were announced in March 2014. So I would anticipate the March 2016 announcement to cover through April 2018.