Deployment 2017/18 - first guesses and implications

We tried X last year when we did the Baltics with sister and BIL. It was their first cruise and with those triple perks, the balcony pricing was too good to pass up. The gym and bicycling were a big priority for my BIL and Silhouette was much more flexible than RCCL allowing him to use equipment any time and take it outside to adjacent deck. We've booked Tokyo to Hong Kong on Millennium this fall.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk

They really can't do everything. That being said, were you interested in a full transit or a partial?

I must say personally, regarding that huge fleet > 20 ships, IMHO it is disappointing that RCCL does not achieve to offer longer cruises passing Panama Canal, and Soth America cruises with Cape Horn!

Several other major cruise do so - Celebrity (10 ships), HAL (14 ships), NCL (14 ships) and Princess (18 ships) at least deploy one ship on those itineraries - so IMHO it's a shame that RCCL does not do. :rolleyes:

Carnival (25 ships) at least offers two partial transit cruises.

Mexican Riviera and US West Coast are also missing in RCCL's deployment - and least I need are RCCL's showy statements such as: "We do not offer Mexican and US West Coast since we offer an experience we cannot provide @low-price-segment"...

HAL, NCL and Princess are sailing on such itineraries - so they are low-cost-carriers. You never stop learning... :rolleyes:

Next point: What about the Canada/NE itineraries with Québec? Nearly every major cruise line offers such Québec runs, but not RCCL - with three ships deployed on Canada/NE itineraries, they always have the same itinerary more or less - either from Baltimore, Boston, or Cape Liberty, while others also offer interesting, diverse longer itineraries up to Québec City.

Apparently RCCL has no need for such cruises...

IMHO RCCL rests on it's own (self-appointed) laurels and regarding the fleet size, their deployment is not the most efficient one...

Several types of itineraries, provided by others, are missing with RCCL - sad.

Edited by celebrity_fan

Next point: What about the Canada/NE itineraries with Québec? Nearly every major cruise line offers such Québec runs, but not RCCL - with three ships deployed on Canada/NE itineraries, they always have the same itinerary more or less - either from Baltimore, Boston, or Cape Liberty, while others also offer interesting, diverse longer itineraries up to Québec City.

Apparently RCCL has no need for such cruises...

IMHO RCCL rests on it's own (self-appointed) laurels and regarding the fleet size, their deployment is not the most efficient one...

Several types of itineraries, provided by others, are missing with RCCL - sad.

I am getting very tired of the same old Caribbean itineraries. Grand Cayman is a pain in the Butt with its tenders. I have been to Jamaica 3 times. There is not that much to do in Falmouth. Cozumel is getting old. Ho Hum. I have booked several of the repo cruises to have different stops.

I am getting very tired of the same old Caribbean itineraries. Grand Cayman is a pain in the Butt with its tenders. I have been to Jamaica 3 times. There is not that much to do in Falmouth. Cozumel is getting old. Ho Hum. I have booked several of the repo cruises to have different stops.

Trust me, in the UK we get tired of the same old Med, Norway and Baltics sailings out of the UK.

They really can't do everything. That being said, were you interested in a full transit or a partial?

Wanted a full transit since I have never been. Have a celebrity infinity booked next year but it's in May and will probably cancel it. May give up and do a partial and ride a bitty ship through the locks.

Wanted a full transit since I have never been. Have a celebrity infinity booked next year but it's in May and will probably cancel it. May give up and do a partial and ride a bitty ship through the locks.

So if you are planning on cancelling, why book in the first place?

Am foregoing my usual Feb Royal cruise to try MSC in the same time slot with a different itinerary. Also super disappointed about no Panama canal. Priced it out with X and it was substantially more than the last shot I had when Royal went through. Still hoping after all the widening has gone through its shakedown they might come back.....

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Taking my frustration to Royal Caribbean FB as to why Anthem 2017 release dates has been delayed two times already - at least I got a response - Even though its vague and they don't commit to a real date :)

Capture.JPG.4a15da7555c4bd83b97742dbaa824f3e.JPG

Edited by SDA1125

Taking my frustration to Royal Caribbean FB as to why Anthem 2017 release dates has been delayed two times already - at least I got a response - Even though its vague and they don't commit to a real date :)

They often respond.

So if you are planning on cancelling, why book in the first place?

I was onboard a sailing when we booked it for 200 deposit. Both of us thought we had signed up for an earlier 2017 sailing, and we probably did. The Next cruise person made other errors on both of our reservations. Have you not ever made a reservation on a ship and then pondered it for awhile at home? I booked it onboard last month.

And with that said, I'll not hijack the thread. I do wish they had PC cruises. Maybe it's the impetus I need to try another line.

Edited by internetwhiz

I was onboard a sailing when we booked it for 200 deposit. Both of us thought we had signed up for an earlier 2017 sailing, and we probably did. The Next cruise person made other errors on both of our reservations. Have you not ever made a reservation on a ship and then pondered it for awhile at home? I booked it onboard last month.

And with that said, I'll not hijack the thread. I do wish they had PC cruises. Maybe it's the impetus I need to try another line.

I did have to rebook one that the next cruise person had the wrong year. Also had one pushed back a month due to surgery. Other than that our only other changes are all related to 3 cancelled Rhapsody cruises.

Didn't mean to sound confrontational. Just fascinated with the few cruisers who book multiple options, hope for a reduction, and then go with the cheaper version.

I did have to rebook one that the next cruise person had the wrong year. Also had one pushed back a month due to surgery. Other than that our only other changes are all related to 3 cancelled Rhapsody cruises.

Didn't mean to sound confrontational. Just fascinated with the few cruisers who book multiple options, hope for a reduction, and then go with the cheaper version.

Honestly, I've never booked and cancelled a res made onboard.

Not always about $$$. I won't even tell you how many cruises I have booked for summer 2017 (it's no longer single digits!!). I have a land tour booked and want to add a baltics cruise and a Norway cruise. The problem is that none of the dates can link up perfectly. Waiting for air and short land independent packages to open up so that I can make final decisions and try to put these puzzle pieces together.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Not always about $$$. I won't even tell you how many cruises I have booked for summer 2017 (it's no longer single digits!!). I have a land tour booked and want to add a baltics cruise and a Norway cruise. The problem is that none of the dates can link up perfectly. Waiting for air and short land independent packages to open up so that I can make final decisions and try to put these puzzle pieces together.

Good luck. Getting things to line up is always a challenge.

That would be me!! Thanks for thinking about me. Maybe a couple of hundred dollars savings does not mean much to you but it does to us:rolleyes:

We tried NCL Jade out of Houston last December, liked it, so now going on PC trip with them. BTW, within the last few days they've added more PC (full transit) sailings for later this year and January '17:)

Edited by pspercy

Good luck. Getting things to line up is always a challenge.

I think I was spoiled last year for my first Royal cruise: finished Italy land tour in Rome and found a Greece cruise leaving Rome on the same day. Guess I thought it would always work that way!!

It's pretty much the standard kiss-off, isn't it? :rolleyes: I'm surprised they didn't say they are "monitoring the situation."

That would be me!! Thanks for thinking about me. Maybe a couple of hundred dollars savings does not mean much to you but it does to us:rolleyes:

I wasn't complaining, pretty sure I said I was fascinated. Since we both still work, we don't have the flexibility to change our minds. Plus I'm to lazy