Deployment 2017/18 - first guesses and implications

Does anybody know where Mariner is going after 27th March? I am mostly interested if she is doing one round trip from Singapore on 27th or is that the date for the repo?

Kai Tak cruise terminal in Hong Kong has her on the 10 of April and is a transit so therefore, either she is going for a week long dry dock first or she is going straight for Shanghai. And doing a cruise from there. But the best bet is that she is going for a dry dock first.

Edited by WaveSplasher

Does anybody know where Mariner is going after 27th March? I am mostly interested if she is doing one round trip from Singapore on 27th or is that the date for the repo?

I believe that's usually around the time she does her repo to Shanghai. I really don't expect Mariner to do anything different.

OK, so received an email from RCI this morning notifying me all 2017 sailings are bookable...with a discount :)

Onto website to find that even with discount :confused:prices are much higher than current year and many cabins are already sold out!

I am booked on Anthem for April 2017 but considering moving that back 12 months......again I find on the UK site that many cabins are not available and price has increased by 4 figures from 2017. Can this be correct? IT glitch or deliberate policy by RCI?

OK, so received an email from RCI this morning notifying me all 2017 sailings are bookable...with a discount :)

Onto website to find that even with discount :confused:prices are much higher than current year and many cabins are already sold out!

I am booked on Anthem for April 2017 but considering moving that back 12 months......again I find on the UK site that many cabins are not available and price has increased by 4 figures from 2017. Can this be correct? IT glitch or deliberate policy by RCI?

Not everything for 2017 is bookable. There is still the Australian deployment and also China/Asia. Also, there is still Empress and the unknown Legend sailings.

With regard to cabins not available, I'm seeing that on some newly released cruises too, so it could be that details are still being loaded into the system.

The same thing happened when the Quantum itineraries came out. There was an error and they were pricing them for two instead of one. It was fixed after a few days.

I have a SB for a 12 night in February 2017 for $1600 and a 12 night in April 2017 for $1800. They were booked the first day they were released.

I think the prices for the SB will be corrected and they will come down to where they should be. I also called and was told that the pricing was what it is showing, but they thought something wasn't right either. There's no way a SB cabin should be more than a D1.

It's fixed now!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I received my C&A "Early Booking" email this morning as well. :rolleyes:

I don't think it's an IT glitch, I think they're just gauging demand with higher prices. I had cruises booked for summer 2017 and spring 2018 that I was looking for alternatives, but seeing the prices I decided to keep both of my current bookings.

I received my C&A "Early Booking" email this morning as well. :rolleyes:

I don't think it's an IT glitch, I think they're just gauging demand with higher prices. I had cruises booked for summer 2017 and spring 2018 that I was looking for alternatives, but seeing the prices I decided to keep both of my current bookings.

If you got your "Early Booking" email today, but others got their Early Booking email yesterday, that would seem totally unfair....yours therefore is not a 'early as someone else's' ability......does it go by C&A category level? Any ideas?

Anyone heard anymore about these disappearing Navigator sailings in April 2018?? I was looking at one of the 9 nighters last night and went back today to find they were no longer there....?

I have a booking on B2B for April 2018 on Navigator. I booked early yesterday morning and called to book right when they opened. Then they disappeared from the website. I cannot access My Cruises with my reservations. I spoke with resolutions yesterday and they said they are doing 'maintenance' on those sailings and they will be back in 24-48 hours. It has been 24 hrs so far and those sailing are not there yet.

They assured me my price and cabin location is protected. Still feeling a bit nervous and am checking frequently today.

Not everything for 2017 is bookable. There is still the Australian deployment and also China/Asia. Also, there is still Empress and the unknown Legend sailings.

Waiting for Australia for winter 2018 :) now that Ovation is going to be there interested in what RCI will have and at what price:eek:

Edited by emmy

If you got your "Early Booking" email today, but others got their Early Booking email yesterday, that would seem totally unfair....yours therefore is not a 'early as someone else's' ability......does it go by C&A category level? Any ideas?

Early Booking was a joke. The release schedule was a joke. The call center had bookings available way before those emails went out.

don't forget free gratuities..................

The smart IT personnel forgot that this promotion is for oceanview or above. Booked a balcony yesterday for Anthem's Bermuda cruise, but this promo didn't show because it said it's for GS or above. My TA contacted RCCL and finally got me my free gratuities. Gotta love RCCL's IT department :eek: NOT!

Edited by nyc12345

Early Booking was a joke. The release schedule was a joke. The call center had bookings available way before those emails went out.

We took a look at some options for us for mid month February 2018, which is a week we like to cruise. Prices were higher than what we would like them to be....so we will wait and watch.

I suspect that all bulk marketing emails going into a queuing system, and then there's a separate higher priority queue for transactional emails (register for an account, payment confirmation, forgot password, etc). Depending on the number of marketing emails going out the queue likely gets backed up on occasion, causing some emails to not send for hours/days after scheduled. That's why many people got theirs yesterday, and some are still flowing in this morning. Just a guess, working in IT I've seen setups like this.

It's a well known fact not to wait for emails from Royal if you truly want to be early. Many itineraries were available for booking via phone on Tuesday night, and most were loaded to the website overnight (and supposedly only available to C&A members yesterday).

I suspect that all bulk marketing emails going into a queuing system, and then there's a separate higher priority queue for transactional emails (register for an account, payment confirmation, forgot password, etc). Depending on the number of marketing emails going out the queue likely gets backed up on occasion, causing some emails to not send for hours/days after scheduled. That's why many people got theirs yesterday, and some are still flowing in this morning. Just a guess, working in IT I've seen setups like this.

It's a well known fact not to wait for emails from Royal if you truly want to be early. Many itineraries were available for booking via phone on Tuesday night, and most were loaded to the website overnight (and supposedly only available to C&A members yesterday).

My DH has worked in IT for many years. What you describe is a lame excuse, possible for sure, but lame. They need to increase their capacity to have the same 'offers' reach their customer base fairly.

We looked at Allure for early 2018. I don't know whether to book it at the current high prices, or wait until we board our ship next week and risk having them go even higher by then. Or just skip it.:rolleyes:

Book now and you can cancel and book onboard if the price has not gone up.

We looked at Allure for early 2018. I don't know whether to book it at the current high prices, or wait until we board our ship next week and risk having them go even higher by then. Or just skip it.:rolleyes:

I booked something at a high price that I will re-book once onboard next month at hopefully not an even higher price:)

I'm not allowed to look at 2018 yet. :eek:

No email received here either, but I happened to be up very early yesterday and out of curiosity logged in to check if sailings for winter 2018 sailings were up. They were and so I booked mine. Am waiting for the fall TP on Explorer and the Radiance Vancouver to Hawaii and Hawaii to Sydney to come out next week to see ultimately which is the better deal and book it or them as well.

I have learned not to wait for any emails -- a day late and a dollar short if I do.

it can't possibly go any higher and these rates :eek:

If any port calendar watchers out there have a chance to dig around, I'm watching for a 2018 relo from Oz to Hong Kong, similar to what Legend's doing in spring 2017. If you see anything, I'd appreciate your posting. THANKS!

The Voyager and the Ovation are usually the ones that reposition during that time. However, you have to do a b2b cruise as they do a turnover in Singapore before moving on to China.

Other than that, with the loss of the legend going back to the Americas, i can hardly see any ships that will go straight from OZ to Hong Kong without skipping Singapore. Unfortunate really, the legend leaving so soon.