Giovanni's Table Inquiry

bigque

We will be sailing on Adventure Of The Seas next month and have made reservations for Giovanni's Table one night for the 1st time.

I am a lasagna lover and I see that it is only on the lunch menu but I have read on hear that if you order it at dinner they will make you an order. Does anyone know if this is made fresh or will it some that was left over from lunch??

As much as a Lasagna love that I am, sometimes I have to step out of the box and try something new. For those of you that have eaten at Giovanni's, what are the must haves in your honest opinion for:

Appetizer

Pasta

Entrée

Desert

:cool:

We will be sailing on Adventure Of The Seas next month and have made reservations for Giovanni's Table one night for the 1st time.

I am a lasagna lover and I see that it is only on the lunch menu but I have read on hear that if you order it at dinner they will make you an order. Does anyone know if this is made fresh or will it some that was left over from lunch??

As much as a Lasagna love that I am, sometimes I have to step out of the box and try something new. For those of you that have eaten at Giovanni's, what are the must haves in your honest opinion for:

Appetizer

Pasta

Entrée

Desert

Being Italian, a cook and general maker of lasagna I can assure you its not "cooked to order". You will likely be eating a slice (generally a 3 1/2 by 5 inch) from the rather large tray of prepared lasagana that they make daily. I would gather its fresh made daily for the lunch menu and refridgerated/stored for use later as needed. Please don't expect that they will make it fresh for you upon ordering.

you do realize that lasagna is at minimum a 2 hour process right? with at least an hour to cook alone

if it is not on the dinner menu, it was made for lunch and they will not always have leftovers.

See my post above.....I hope he get's it......

Edited by Dlanco

you do realize that lasagna is at minimum a 2 hour process right? with at least an hour to cook alone

if it is not on the dinner menu, it was made for lunch and they will not always have leftovers.

As a lasagna lover I make it myself quite often. It does not matter to me if it was from lunch as long as it is not something taken from the frig to the microwave to me. You can definitely tell microwaved as it is usually not heated evenly though out. I was just asking out of curiosity. :cool:

I would still like to get opinions on what people think are some can't miss items that folks had in Givonanni's.

It's funny that you phrased it like that.

To me, there are a few dishes that are MUCH better "the next day".

These include brisket and lasagna!

;)

Agree! When all the seasonings have settled in !

I'm looking at ordering one of these two entrees:

Filetto di Manzo alla Griglia, Patate Fritte all’Olio Agliato,

Salsa al Barolo o Burro di Gorgonzola*

8 ounces of grilled beef tenderloin, served with garlic fries

and your choice of Barolo reduction or Gorgonzola butter

Filett o di Pollo Ripieno di Ricott a e Funghi, Salsa alla Salvia e Chardonnay

Chicken breast filled with ricotta and mushroom, wrapped in prosciutto

and served with Chardonnay-sage sauce

Has anybody had either one?????

We had one lunch and one dinner at Giovanni's on the Allure last year:

Lunch was lasagna for both, insalata caprese, carpaccio di salmone with capers, and no dessert...all excellent

After we told our waiter at lunch how much we enjoyed the lasagna (the best!) she told us that chef only made it once in a day for lunch, but if we made the earliest dinner reservations and requested lasagna, they would serve it until they ran out, she said often within the first half hour - as it is not on the dinner menu - wish RCCL would include it on dinner menu.

Dinner

Caesar salad and insalata caprese, again..

husband had the chicken breast with ricotta / prosciutto in sauce - he said delicious and tender, if a bit salty to his taste.

I had pappardelle with mushrooms - very good. Was hoping for lasagna again but had run out..think we ate a little before 7pm.

Dessert: Tiramisu and cannoli's were really good

Giovanni's Table was my favorite restaurant on the Allure.

Appetizer

Pasta

Entrée

Desert

Here is my ordering advice:

Get a large-ish group together.

Giovanni's Table will serve you family style. Order one of everything, and sample to your heart's delight.

:D

ETA: I would avoid desert. Too dry. ;)

Edited by Merion_Mom

Giovanni's Table will serve you family style. Order one of everything, and sample to your heart's delight.

The cannoli was dry???

My DH's "grilled beef tenderloin" ended up being a filet mignon. He didn't realize it until they were confirming the order. He was worried because it's hard to cook well, but he said it was the best filet mignon he ever had! This was just last week.

I ate seafood and more seafood there, I think lobster or crab ravioli as a side or appetizer? Plus something seafood for main dish. I had so much good food there and in the MDR that it's all starting to run together.

PHXscuba

My son had the beef tenderloin at Giovanni's a month ago on the Adventure and said it was absolutely wonderful. I had lamb chops that were like butter. Everyone in our party thought the food was really good.

The DW use to love the Lamb Chops in Portifino, so that is probably what she will order, hopefully for they will be as good! :cool:

Can this be done with a group of 12, 6 adults and 6 children(ages 7-13)?