If MDR was open for embarkation lunch would you go there?

LMaxwell

If the MDR was open for embarkation lunch would you go there?  

342 members have voted

1. 1. If the MDR was open for embarkation lunch would you go there?

• Yes, we would go to the MDR for embarkation day lunch
    • No, we would not go to the MDR for embarkation day lunch

If the MDR was an option for embarkation day lunch would you go to that instead of to Windjammer / quick serve venue.

I'll make this a poll; please vote at the top.

Yes in a heart beat. We have sailed on NCL and they have the MDR open on embarkation day for lunch. It is such a great way to start of the cruise with a quiet lunch.

Yes.

The Windjammer is a nightmare on embarkation day. It almost seems like folks get onboard and panic that there will not be any more food for the duration of the cruise. So there is a huge rush on the WJ with everyone grabbing as much as they can carry. That's why I like ships with Park Cafes. The new cruisers don't know about it early on, so it's blessedly empty on the first afternoon.

No. I LOVE the dal and the paella in the WJ. I now consider it my official "start of the cruise" meal, the way others look forward to the Honey Stung Chicken. A bowl of dal over rice and then a bowl of paella.:D

72 more sleeps till I get my dal...

Edited by tlatrice

No. The windjammer is fine. I just make sure Im there early and one of the first to board and am generally finished eating and rolling out of there by the time the mad rush hits. Although with Allure having a few more included options that are open boarding day, I may avoid the WJ this time.

Edited by ryano

we would only consider it if it was a miserable rainy day out. I'd much rather be outside.

Agree. We find a nice seat outside and start our vacation. Yes, we do visit the WJ for a small meal at some point in the afternoon, but no rush for us to get lunch.

If the MDR was an option for embarkation day lunch would you go to that instead of to Windjammer / quick serve venue.

I'll make this a poll; please vote at the top.

No, LMaxwell. I voted "NO" in the poll, simply because hubby and I are creatures of habit. We kind of enjoy the Windjammer routine with all of its crowds and craziness. It also lets us people-watch a bit...kind of fun for us!

No, LMaxwell. I voted "NO" in the poll, simply because hubby and I are creatures of habit. We kind of enjoy the Windjammer routine with all of its crowds and craziness. It also lets us people-watch a bit...kind of fun for us!

Need to know how you are dressed before I can count your vote as valid

Depends on what type of cruise I'm planning on. If it's going to be a relaxing, low key cruise - then I would definitely eat in the MDR.

If I was going to have a "fun, port intensive, socialize with friends" cruise - then I'd start off in the WJ. Dodging new cruisers who are "taking it all in" keeps my adrenaline up.

Allure and Oasis - different story. Either type of cruise - avoid WJ at all costs. The smallest amount of space per person in the WJ than any other ship. (That's what CheapoDad told me. :) I think!)

For me it all depends on the ship. I like Goivanni's Table on the Oasis class but on another ship I would definitely like the MDR. Getting a Tutti salad first day would replace the tradition of honey stung chicken on embarkation day that is long gone.

No. We always eat breakfast at the hotel so no need to eat again once on the ship. Once on board the ship we like to walk around until the rooms are ready. After unpacking we head down to one of the lounges for a pre dinner drink before heading to the MDR for a great meal.

Edited by davekathy