Platinum: Free Le Bistro dinner question

Lake Cheddar

Previously, you could take someone else as a guest, or the two of you could go twice. We always went twice.

However, there are reports that it is changing and you only get one meal per cabin.

Last month on the Spirit, we got the two vouchers, and I haven't yet seen anyone report just getting the one, but I've seen a link to the latitudes page which indicates the change.

According to the site, it is per person.

Please note: Ship pin and onboard discounts are available on all sailings. All other benefits are available on sailings 5 days or longer. Welcome Gift, Chocolate-Covered Strawberries and Sparkling Wine are delivered as one per stateroom. Le Bistro benefit can be used at our Italian restaurants. Restrictions apply. Latitudes Rewards internet minutes cannot be combined with other internet promotional offers.

Previously, you could take someone else as a guest, or the two of you could go twice. We always went twice.

However, there are reports that it is changing and you only get one meal per cabin.

Last month on the Spirit, we got the two vouchers, and I haven't yet seen anyone report just getting the one, but I've seen a link to the latitudes page which indicates the change.

Keith

There were some posts a few months back where this happened (on the Gem possibly). The general CC consensus was that it was a 'rogue' staff member who did not understand the system.

It is still (unless someone knows something specific in the last several weeks) one voucher per platinum member, which one can be used to take guests if you prefer (but they're not transferable), each voucher coming with one bottle of wine. However, the platinum champagne, that is only one bottle per cabin.

I have had a look for the link which was posted (not on cruise critic), which seemed to state it was per room, but haven't been able to find it.

To be clear, I was arguing that it was per person, but someone posted a link which seemed to suggest otherwise.

As I said, I haven't heard any reports of it not being per person, but it's worth being prepared in case it changes.

I'll have another look for the link.

I have had a look for the link which was posted (not on cruise critic), which seemed to state it was per room, but haven't been able to find it.

To be clear, I was arguing that it was per person, but someone posted a link which seemed to suggest otherwise.

As I said, I haven't heard any reports of it not being per person, but it's worth being prepared in case it changes.

I'll have another look for the link.

It was (still is actually) posted in the Latitudes tier information on the NCL EU-page, but it is obviously a mistake - it has been like that on the EU-page for many months now, probably since the end of last year. My husband and I was on a European cruise myself last June, and we did receive one dinner voucher for 2 persons each.

Here is the link (all though I don't really like posting it, because I am afraid it will start another round of discussions on the subject here on CC), it is the symbol after the "Bistro dinner" that is the mistake....

http://www.ncl.eu/freestyle-cruising/latitudes/#!/freestyle-cruising/latitudes/points-benefits/

Just back from Alaska cruise and we had two vouchers in our cabin. Wife and I went two different nights and got a bottle of wine both nights. Be careful when you get the complimentary wine list that all the pages are there. We were missing a whole page of red wines missing from our wine list. It only showed 3 reds and I questioned that because the night before there were two pages with about 15 different reds.

Surely the "le Bistro" benefit has to be per person. If two people are sharing a stateroom and if only one is "Platinum" you don't get "half a benefit"!! Each person has paid for part of a stateroom and is individually "Platinum" and that benefit is because the person is "Platinum". I am expecting one each for myself and Pauline. :cool:

The other benefits come because we have "hired" a stateroom and I would expect a single one of them.

The other thing is that if we have booked two separate cruises B2B then I would expect the whole "shooting match" again at the start of the second cruise. However if we have booked a single cruise that could be booked separately I would hope, but not expect, to get two lots of everything!!

It will be interesting to see what happens when we get back to our stateroom in Boston for the second leg!! :confused:

When we know what happens then it would also be interesting to hear what has happened when 4 people share a stateroom and all are Platinum. Especially if two are travelling "free" or even at "half cost". :confused:

NCL need a cynic or three in their office to think of problems before they occur and post solutions.

Has anyone noticed that the "Vacation Summary" for this cruise still has "Map Coming Soon" like it has been for the last 200+ days!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Mike

Pom by Birth; Coin Collecting Retired Kiwi by Choice.

Surely the "le Bistro" benefit has to be per person. ...

The other thing is that if we have booked two separate cruises B2B then I would expect the whole "shooting match" again at the start of the second cruise. However if we have booked a single cruise that could be booked separately I would hope, but not expect, to get two lots of everything!!

It will be interesting to see what happens when we get back to our stateroom in Boston for the second leg!! :confused: ...

Mike

Pom by Birth; Coin Collecting Retired Kiwi by Choice.

Yes, the platinum Le Bistro perk is per person.

On our b2b, booked as one cruise, we got a Platinum Members packet for the second leg on turnaround day.

Edited by NMLady

Anyone know how it works on a 14 day cruise?

I heard that you get 2 bags of laundry pp on cruises over 10 days but what about the other Platimium perks?

My DH and I are both Platinium and will be doing a 14 day in Jan.

Lois

Anyone know how it works on a 14 day cruise?

I heard that you get 2 bags of laundry pp on cruises over 10 days but what about the other Platimium perks?

My DH and I are both Platinium and will be doing a 14 day in Jan.

Lois

If you read the Platinum perks it is one bag special per person PER CRUISE.

Length of cruise doesn't matter. On our 16 day ta cruise on the Star we each got ONE bag. We talked to the cruise consultant about it being longer than two weeks and were reminded it's one per cruise, not one per week. I sent a second bag for me, marked it Platinum and no charge on ship. However, when I got home there was an additional charge to our credit card for that bag of laundry.

However, there have been people who posted here that they each got two bags.

So, if you are one of those lucky people, be thankful. Not all ships allow it.

The Le Bistro dinner and other perks are definitely per cruise regardless of whether it is 7 days or 14 days,

Unless you are doing two 7-day b2b's in which case you'll get a Platinum package for each segment.

Been there, done that.

Edited by NMLady

Out of curiousity, if you have the Speciality Dining Plan it seems as if the Lattitudes certificate could only be used if you wanted to bring another couple of people with you.

If buying the SDP then I would just take into account the days you already have platinum meals and reduce the days included in the SDP.

If the SDP is included with the cruise then, yes, you may lose the benefit a little, but remember to get your bottle of wine.

Out of curiousity, if you have the Speciality Dining Plan it seems as if the Lattitudes certificate could only be used if you wanted to bring another couple of people with you.
With the UDP, you got a $20 discount off the package in lieu of the Platinum dinner at Le Bistro, but don't see that on the terms and conditions of the SDP.

It is still (unless someone knows something specific in the last several weeks) one voucher per platinum member, which one can be used to take guests if you prefer (but they're not transferable), each voucher coming with one bottle of wine. However, the platinum champagne, that is only one bottle per cabin.

My wife and myself were on the Dawn at the end of July and received two of everything including the cheap platinum champagne

Where in the world did you get the idea, only one per cabin? I have never seen or heard this and am pretty sure it isn't true. This is like the postings a few months ago about only 1 bag of laundry. It wasn't true. Now, I do remember it, but everyone posted it wasnt the case.

Edited by newmexicoNita

My wife and myself were on the Dawn at the end of July and received two of everything including the cheap platinum champagne

Just back from the Dawn today. As for the cheap champagne I called the concierge desk before we left and asked if the champagne could be switched out for the North South (NCL brand) white wine. The girl emailed back a few days later that she made the switch. I was quite happy.

We used our Platinum dinners at LeBistro and LaCucina.

Just back from the Dawn today. As for the cheap champagne I called the concierge desk before we left and asked if the champagne could be switched out for the North South (NCL brand) white wine. The girl emailed back a few days later that she made the switch. I was quite happy.

We used our Platinum dinners at LeBistro and LaCucina.

Fantastic!