Js a better deal than gs on oasis and harmony class??

zteamtwo

We are booked on that exact cruise in a JS hump cabin. The price was very good! If we had CK privileges, it would have been even better, but that doesn't start until May. As you stated, we will be eating in the specialty restaurants for most of the cruise with the money we saved by not booking a GS.

I would not be surprised if JS got to use CK when Allure arrives in FL

Agree...I actually prefer the JS over the GS regardless of price anytime on any ship. ;)

Brilliance GS next to RS has dbl opening sliding doors. Makes the living room feel like your on the balcony. No JS can compare to that. Only two of those on the ship I'm pretty sure

The GS is so overpriced.

Honestly, all suites are overpriced. Access to Suite lounge is also great in addition to the private restaurant and priority show seating.

The Bottom line is a person's bottom line! If my DH and I could afford the largest suite on the ship each time we cruised, why not? But the reality is we cannot! Some people can only afford an inside cabin and that is great for them. Unfortunately I have witnessed many people who never induldge and are saving for a future that never comes. Life is short and if you can afford it, make the best of it and enjoy!.

If you have the opportuinity and finances I would definetly book the GS, especially next year when all the new "perks" go into effect.

Yup we are addicted to the suites, and are soooo looking forward to being back in a CL on the Allure. GS was nice, but....

Sea Ya

With the announcement of the Suite upgrades starting in May 2016, I was wondering what everyone thought about this: "perhaps a JS is a better deal than a GS". The biggest enhancement to JS is that you can eat dinner in Coastal Kitchen (we will be trying that this Nov on Allure in a GS). Everyone seems to say that the food in CK is superior to main dining room. That is big. We have stayed in a JS with a "hump" balcony and the room is great. Here is an example. Nov 29 2016 sailing on Allure in a GS for 2 seniors is $4566. The JS on the same sailing is $3336. That is a $1230 difference. With that $1230 you can buy 102 $12 drinks to make up for the free "happy hour" you lose. Or you can buy the Premium Bev package for 2 people for 7 days at $800. And then you can eat at several premium restaurants for the days you do not use CK. You will still be ahead, dollar wise. What do you think??
but the menu is the same in the CK all week, so how could you even begin to compare that with a week full of different menu's each night, doesn't make sense. As far as the drinks, depends on how "heavy" of a drinker you are...

Our dinner menu in CK changed once on Oasis two weeks ago.

I like to think there are three menus since they add lobster to the second menu on the 5th day. FWIW, I can't think of anything in the MDR that I would miss if we ate at CK 5 or 6 times in 7 days

I like to think there are three menus since they add lobster to the second menu on the 5th day. FWIW, I can't think of anything in the MDR that I would miss if we ate at CK 5 or 6 times in 7 days

The only MDR entree I would miss would be the Rosemary Lamb Shank.

I believe it changes when the new suite perks go into effect next year.

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Suites/15045958_Royal_Suite_Class_Selling_Guide.pdf

Thanks Bob. I forgot about the new benefits coming in May. We're in a CLS on Oasis this October and a GS on Freedom in May so the new benefits kinda' slipped my mind.

Do JS's even get double points anymore? It seems that info has vanished off the RCI website. If not then the JS is a total wast of $. I paid $1855/pp for a JS on Oasis over Thanksgving and the balcony is only $870/pp. I feel as though I've been duped. If I don't get the points then I don't see what I am spending an extra $2k for. To upgrade to a GS is an additional $3500 and I am not going to pay that on principal.

Do JS's even get double points anymore? It seems that info has vanished off the RCI website. If not then the JS is a total wast of $. I paid $1855/pp for a JS on Oasis over Thanksgving and the balcony is only $870/pp. I feel as though I've been duped. If I don't get the points then I don't see what I am spending an extra $2k for. To upgrade to a GS is an additional $3500 and I am not going to pay that on principal.
Nothing has changed with a JS, you get double points.:cool: Sorry to hear you paid that amount for a JS....Paid 1099.00 for our B2B JS on Freedom next year, there are bargains out there.

Nothing has changed with a JS, you get double points.:cool: Sorry to hear you paid that amount for a JS....Paid 1099.00 for our B2B JS on Freedom next year, there are bargains out there.

You got a great deal...I think we did too...Paid $1114.00 (inc pre-paid gratuities) for our hump JS Southern Caribbean (out of San Juan) B2B on AOS next May. ;)

Agree there are deals out there.:)

Mine was so much $ because it's a holiday. Thanksgiving is expensive. It's with it to me but still a lot more than I'm used to.

We have a Thanksgiving cruise this year and it actually inexpensive. It does leave on Thursday so maybe that is why. Right at $1000 total for 4 days in JS. Only one vacation day needed. :D