Questions about Cellar Masters

Lovincruisin1321

Can someone explain what the Cellar Masters is all about?

I am hesitant to use it because I am not a fan of having my wine poured from a dispenser.

How fresh is the wine?

I read that folks can't use the classic package with it. What are the options?

I have also read threads where folks have gotten a recommendation on a wine. Is there someone who is physically answering questions and making wine recommendations? I have never seen anyone there.

Cellar Masters functions as a regular bar, albeit a wine bar, on Celebrity. The open hours are posted in the daily. It is staffed with a sommelier during those hours and a regular wine menu is provided with wines by the glass or bottle. Your beverage package is good for wine by the glass up to the limit of your package.

They also have the machines on some of the ships. The wine in the machines is not covered by any package and you may have to buy a separate wine card to pour from them. I've only used them a few times to try a higher end wine before committing to buying a bottle at dinner. I did check with the sommelier regarding the freshness of that wine.

The dispensers are gone, or are being fazed out. My last Reflection cruise, we ordered our wine from the attendant from a wine list. Some ships are, allegedly, converting the space to "Gastropub" What ship are you sailing on?

I'll be sailing on the Reflection. On the Constellation last year and I was very disappointed with the classic wine selection. I am hoping to have a better experience. Your experience/thoughts are welcome!

I am hesitant to use it because I am not a fan of having my wine poured from a dispenser. No longer a problem.

How fresh is the wine? Depends on when the bottle you request a glass from was opened. If you taste your wine and feel it's gone bad request they open a new bottle.

I read that folks can't use the classic package with it. What are the options? Not sure as we always upgrade to premium.

I have also read threads where folks have gotten a recommendation on a wine. Is there someone who is physically answering questions and making wine recommendations?

Yes. I have never seen anyone there.

The wine dispensers in Cellar Masters are a thing of the past.

Currently it is an area in the interior of the ship with warm, cozy seating and a bartender which has (usually) a larger selection of wines than other bars.

Does "Wine Bar" sound more informative as a name?

We walked through Wine Cellars on Summit but did not stop. The wine dispensers were still onboard on the Summit.

The reason we did not stop is because I am a wino but DH likes spirits. We never stopped to inquire if they had bourbon/vodka at the bar for the non wino.

I'll be sailing on the Reflection. On the Constellation last year and I was very disappointed with the classic wine selection. I am hoping to have a better experience. Your experience/thoughts are welcome!

The wine selection covered by the Classic package is small on all the ships we have been on. If you enjoy wine you may want to consider upgrading to the Premium package or buy a package for wine by the bottle.

It is a venue that is focused on different wines to drink, just as the Martini Bar is focused on Martinis, and Cafe El Blanco is focused on coffee.

I am hesitant to use it because I am not a fan of having my wine poured from a dispenser.

They have been turned off for over a year, and removed from all ships in the fleet.

How fresh is the wine?

When a bottle is emptyed, they open another, so it will depend on how popular a certain type is as to how fast a bottle is finished after being opened.

I read that folks can't use the classic package with it. What are the options?

Our friends had the Classic and the wife never went with out a glass of wine in her hand.

I have also read threads where folks have gotten a recommendation on a wine. Is there someone who is physically answering questions and making wine recommendations? I have never seen anyone there.

There is a dedicated SOM who is stationed there.

The GastroBar is only on the Equinox.

Edited by wallie5446

The only time they provide snacks and very good ones is when they have a scheduled wine tour in Cellar Masters. It's a great opportunity to try wines from different regions of the world, I believe its 6 white and 6 red for a nominal price. One was a fairly expensive white which I now purchase for special occasions.

Related question, perhaps irrelevant if they are changing to GastroPubs: Are there snacks available at Cellar Masters?

We walked through Wine Cellars on

To my knowledge, most ships still physically have the equipment in place, but are not are using it. Those with equipment often have the dispensers filled with empty bottles for display.

Summit last time I was on in January had equipment, but all were empty.

Related question, perhaps irrelevant if they are changing to GastroPubs: Are there snacks available at Cellar Masters?

Sometimes around early evening there was a cart of cheeses in Cellar Masters on the Eclipse last year.

I often stopped there for a glass of wine before dinner.

Sometimes around early evening there was a cart of cheeses in Cellar Masters on the Eclipse last year.

I often stopped there for a glass of wine before dinner.

Cellar masters on Summit also had little trays of nibbles, if I recall it was like tomatoes and mozzarella salad, olives and some cheese bits.