Problems with Status showing on Set Sail pass

[quote name='CptSticky']Patti, I do have several alternative ways to prove status and have used some of them in the past. The OP however stated that security refused to accept anything except status on the SS. Next cruise is out of San Pedro and there usually is no problem there so we will see what happens.[/quote]

We embark in Vancouver on the 17th. We'll see what happens there. :)

[quote name='suzyluvs2cruise']We embark in Vancouver on the 17th. We'll see what happens there. :)[/quote]
Vancouver is always interesting. Just getting through the immigration check at the airport is fun, then you get to do it all over again at the port. In the past, they have had to hold the ship until the check-in line could be processed. Do you take the Sky Train or cab/Royal transfer? Edited by CptSticky

[quote name='suzyluvs2cruise']We embark in Vancouver on the 17th. We'll see what happens there. :)[/QUOTE]

Are you on the Jewel? I thought we boarded on the 18th! Am I spending all that $$$ for the Pan Pacific on the 17th for nothing?

I am SO ready for this cruise!

[SIZE="4"]I printed our SS for our October cruise about 2 weeks ago and it was not on there. Printed again today and it's there :)

I had printed an extra luggage tag in case there were issues at the dock[/SIZE]

This board is so great. I've always printed my set sail pass right after I complete my paperwork. Never noticed the status level on it. I went back into my file today and it's there -- was not there last week when I finished putting in our information.

I've never had to prove my status level; I think they see my level on my tags on my carry on tote or something because they always told me to go to the priority line.

You learn something every day.

Margee

It's definitely there on mine, it's REALLY easy to miss though if you don't know what you're looking for. It doesn't say "Status" or "Crown & Anchor" anywhere - a letter just appears next to your name...

Here's an example from my SetSail pass for my cruise in 3 weeks...

[IMG]http://s2.postimg.org/ptqd6dmu1/Screen_Shot_2015_09_13_at_18_53_25.jpg[/IMG]

[quote name='emilygrace']Are you on the Jewel? I thought we boarded on the 18th! Am I spending all that $$$ for the Pan Pacific on the 17th for nothing?

I am SO ready for this cruise![/quote]

I knew it was the 18th but my fast fingers typed the 17th. :o We fly to Vancouver on the 17th and board on the 18th. See you on the Jewel. :) Edited by suzyluvs2cruise

[quote name='CptSticky']Vancouver is always interesting. Just getting through the immigration check at the airport is fun, then you get to do it all over again at the port. In the past, they have had to hold the ship until the check-in line could be processed. Do you take the Sky Train or cab/Royal transfer?[/quote]

We're taking the Skytrain from the airport to our hotel on the 17th and will take it again on the 18th from the hotel to the airport. Haven't embarked at Vancouver in several years. I noticed an assigned boarding time on the Set Sail pass. Did you get that for the Sept 26 cruise? Sounds like it could be interesting.... Edited by suzyluvs2cruise

Here is a fix if you don't see your C&A status on the setsail pass.

It happnened to me this morning after check-in online and immediately click on Print Setsail pass, I did not see my status. After I log out completely, clear cache, close browser (Firefox), reopen browser, login to RCI, and print My setsail pass again and this time I can see my C&A on it. :cool:

I think the bug in the web software having to do if you check-in online and immediately print Setsail pass. If you log out and log back in again and print it, status will show up. Edited by StrikeEagle

[quote name='StrikeEagle']Here is a fix if you don't see your C&A status on the setsail pass.

It happnened to me this morning after check-in online and immediately click on Print Setsail pass, I did not see my status. After I log out completely, clear cache, close browser (Firefox), reopen browser, login to RCI, and print My setsail pass again and this time I can see my C&A on it. :cool:

I think the bug in the web software having to do if you check-in online and immediately print Setsail pass. If you log out and log back in again and print it, status will show up.[/quote]
Thanks for the idea, but I still can't see the status. I'm using Firefox.

[quote name='StrikeEagle']Here is a fix if you don't see your C&A status on the setsail pass.

I think the bug in the web software having to do if you check-in online and immediately print Setsail pass. If you log out and log back in again and print it, status will show up.[/quote]
OK, to test your theory I did one better. I logged out, left my computer and went to an Apple IPad (running Safari) and logged in (no way anything caught in a cache this way, right?). Still no status on my SS. I honestly believe that it's just a funky IT problem with Royal's IT department. So, nothing I can reasonably do about it at this point (not willing to risk C&A playing with the reservation). If it causes problems, well there are these things called surveys after the cruise.

It won't spell out the whole word for C&A status, it just have one letter represent your status with the background color filled. It is on the upper section of the Setsail pass and should be right underneath your Stateroom number. Attached is screen capture. Edited by StrikeEagle

[quote name='StrikeEagle']It won't spell out the whole word for C&A status, it just have one letter represent your status with the background color filled. It is on the upper left section of the Setsail pass and should be right underneath your Stateroom number. Attached is screen capture.[/quote]
Yes, well aware of where and how it looks. We often have it on our SetSail Passes. However sometimes (including this time) it just isn't there.

[quote name='emilygrace']Are you on the Jewel? I thought we boarded on the 18th! Am I spending all that $$$ for the Pan Pacific on the 17th for nothing?

I am SO ready for this cruise![/QUOTE]

I am also on this cruise.. Wonder how customs will work. Usually in Vancouver, as others have said, we would go through customs right at the terminal before boarding, but since our first stop is at a Canadian Port (Victoria), I highly doubt this will be the case this time.

[quote name='Merion_Mom']Ha. You made me look. You are right: Not there.

YOU have a solution that most others don't, however. Wear your Pinnacle pin when you go to the pier.[/QUOTE]

Good Idea and I had Thought of that - But I haven't received it yet :rolleyes: But who knows.. 3 more days of Mail to get it before we leave. Otherwise I'll just bring my luggage tags which do say Pinnacle.

[quote name='Firefighterhoop']I am also on this cruise.. Wonder how customs will work. Usually in Vancouver, as others have said, we would go through customs right at the terminal before boarding, but since our first stop is at a Canadian Port (Victoria), I highly doubt this will be the case this time.[/quote]
Don't you stop at US ports before you get to LA? I would think that they will still do customs in Vancouver. But I'm not sure if stopping at a non-US port before debarkation changes things.

[quote name='Firefighterhoop']Good Idea and I had Thought of that - But I haven't received it yet :rolleyes: But who knows.. 3 more days of Mail to get it before we leave. Otherwise I'll just bring my luggage tags which do say Pinnacle.[/QUOTE]

How long has it been? That's usually the slowest to arrive. It can take quite a while.

:eek:

[quote name='truckswain']I never realized the C&A status was on the set sail pass. I just checked my set sail pass for our October Oasis cruise and our status is listed. If it matters we are in a Jr Suite[/QUOTE]

Same here, I've gotten in the priority lines no problem in Tampa, Miami, Port Canaveral, San Juan, and Port Everglades.

Back on subject: I just went through the process of setting up our SetSail Pass for the next cruise. Our DP status did not show up which was a repeat of several attempts for last 4 or 5 cruises. I closed the reservation and reopened then went to Cruise Documentation, On Line Check-in, Check Status button then PRINT under Step 4. The DP status then appeared.

Again I have I have had do this for several of our last cruises.

I use the Chrome browser in a Chromebook.

[quote name='Scotty G']Back on subject: I just went through the process of setting up our SetSail Pass for the next cruise. Our DP status did not show up which was a repeat of several attempts for last 4 or 5 cruises. I closed the reservation and reopened then went to Cruise Documentation, On Line Check-in, Check Status button then PRINT under Step 4. The DP status then appeared.

Again I have I have had do this for several of our last cruises.

I use the Chrome browser in a Chromebook.[/quote]
I followed your instruction exactly. :( Still no status.