Prayers for Lazey1

kakalina

Thank you all for your kind thoughts and prayers; they mean so much to me and my family. Some of you I have met on various cruises, some of you I know only from following you on CC. but I consider all of you good friends. Gary and I have only 1 surviving child, Tony, and he arrived yesterday.

Gary was admitted to a long term care facility and admitted to hospice care on Sept. 1. There is no one diagnosis that is Gary's problem, it is a combination of a multitude of medical issues. One day last week he was practically comatose responding only to pain. He woke up screaming when his hospice nurse changed the dressing on his elbow which had become infected after a fall. He rallied a bit and yesterday he ate a few bites of food (with help) and drank some fluids (again with help).

Those of you who know Gary know that he is a big man, almost 6' and over 200 lbs. He is now so weak that he can no longer stand by himself, can no longer dress or bathe himself and no longer feed himself. 2 different hospice nurses have told me it is only a matter of weeks before he passes.

I am so sorry to hear this!!

Let's hope that they are wrong, those 2 hospice nurses!!

God keep Gary to his right and Jane and Tony in his heart right now.

I'm sorry to learn of his passing and yet glad to know he is no longer suffering. Sorry for the pain of his passing that Jane, the entire family and all the friends are and will be going through.

May the good Lord be with you all

Joanie

This is distressing news, indeed. Thank you for letting us know, Trisha. I am praying for Jane and Tony and hope that they can find some small comfort in the care shown here by friends on both CC and FB.

D'rena