Tamarind Recommendations

Psee

Hi,

We are cruising on our first HAL ship with a Tamarind and would like to know if anyone has any recommendations for good entrees and/or other courses for this venue. We have sailed Westerdam & Noordam several times and really enjoy Pinnacle but would like to enjoy this new dining experience.:)

(We're also doing a post-cruise stay at the Westin Beach Resort FLL so any recommendations for dining venues near the hotel are much appreciated.)

Thank you!:cool:

Mom and I enjoyed dinner there twice while cruising in June/July. She also had lunch there a couple of times and really enjoyed it (comp at lunch). Selecting all the courses at dinner was too much food for me so the second time I asked for a selection of sushi/sashimi chosen by the chef. Both times I had the chocolate fortune cookie for dessert. I think the menu has pretty detailed descriptions of each choice so you should find items that suit your taste.

I enjoyed Steak 954 at the W Fort Lauderdale on Thanksgiving last year.

Wish I could be of more help, but beyond recommending the Tammirind as an absolute must, I'm lost. Here's why. We dined there several times with two other couples, and I think we have seen just about everything, and everything was delightful.

Just go and enjoy!

Hi,

We are cruising on our first HAL ship with a Tamarind and would like to know if anyone has any recommendations for good entrees and/or other courses for this venue. We have sailed Westerdam & Noordam several times and really enjoy Pinnacle but would like to enjoy this new dining experience.:)

(We're also doing a post-cruise stay at the Westin Beach Resort FLL so any recommendations for dining venues near the hotel are much appreciated.)

Thank you!:cool:

While it may sound cliche, in the 21 days I've been onboard ships that have Tamarind we've eaten there maybe 8-9 times and there literally isn't a bad item on the menu.

My dream menu though is:

Appetizer - Satay

Soup - Jewels of the Sea

Entree - Either the seabass or the duck

Dessert - Either the Tamarind Chocolate or the Ginger banana bread pudding

I liked the seafood hotpot. DH loves the wasabi tenderloin, although he scrapes most of the wasabi off. (You can order it without the wasabi, but he likes having a little of the flavor.) He didn't like the duck --- too dry and hard to get much of the meat. Maybe that was a one-off.

I liked the seafood hotpot. DH loves the wasabi tenderloin, although he scrapes most of the wasabi off. (You can order it without the wasabi, but he likes having a little of the flavor.) He didn't like the duck --- too dry and hard to get much of the meat. Maybe that was a one-off.

based on my experiences with the duck, it sounds like he unfortunately WAS a one off... what a shame... it was amazing!

I have enjoyed everything I have eaten in the Tamarind. Including the tenderloin, which I thought was better than the Pinnacle.

The menu, on the Eurodam, changed slightly in August.

Lunch is nice, but very popular. I would go on embarkation day to book lunch. It is not open for lunch every day.

The service is outstanding.

Enjoy.

I have enjoyed everything I have eaten in the Tamarind. Including the tenderloin, which I thought was better than the Pinnacle.

The menu, on the Eurodam, changed slightly in August.

Lunch is nice, but very popular. I would go on embarkation day to book lunch. It is not open for lunch every day.

The service is outstanding.

Enjoy.

What changed on the menu? I'll be on the eurodam on October. Inquiring minds would like to know :D.

Not many changes. The dumpling appetizers were gone. Possibly the red curry soup, but I'm not sure. There was a new dish with lobster that I unfortunately didn't get back to try.

The menu changed between the two segments of a B2B.

We're doing Eurodam in November so I just read the Tamarind menus. Now I'm salivating and cannot WAIT for our two dinners there. I'll try the soy & wasabi crusted tenderloin simply because of the rave reviews on this thread.

Thanks for this timely post :)