2nd thoughts on reflection booking...thoughts?

manmtnmike

HI!

Some advice please!!

Got a great 123 deal for a Jan 23 Reflection cruise...

Tell me about my booking: Total cost $2300

Category: Category C3, Concierge Class

Cabin Number: 9300 total, with bev program free Grats, and $300 OBC

-----------------------------------------

Now, I have an opt to book on a fav Carnival ship...

only Ocean View cabin in Platinum status for $1200, close to same itin.

Having not sailed Celebrity I'd love to try!!! I know the cheerleaders for either line will be biased...That's Ok!

Sooooo....Things we personally enjoy after a bunch of cruises....

quality dance entertainment, not so much ball-room, but 60's -90's, and enjoying rock cover bands, etc.

--------------------------------------------------

FYI: loved Oasis OTS but less intimate with 6400 pax.

Help me to sort ? Thanks!

Mike

Edited by manmtnmike

My vote is Reflection.

We are on her Nov 7th and again Feb 20th. We are also C3 each time and on the 9th deck. Our price was very close to yours and also with the 123 perks. Check out Celebrity....there is no such thing as a bad cruise:D

What, are you nuts!!! :eek: You're considering giving up Celebrity, free grats, free bev package, $300 OBC for a Carnival Ocean View cruise?

Is there a shrink in the house? :rolleyes:

Please be nice, I bleed easy! :p

Just interested in experienced Celebrity folks, sharing their wealth of wisdom, since for this cruise, all is new for us.

How is the cabin?

Thanks!

Mike

Please be nice, I bleed easy! :p

Just interested in experienced Celebrity folks, sharing their wealth of wisdom, since for this cruise, all is new for us.

How is the cabin?

Thanks!

Mike

Hey, just joking. :D You'll love Celebrity. We've been on Reflection 3 times, and booked next year for the Transatlantic.

Stateroom 9300 is an excellent one, and great location on the ship right near the aft elevators -- up to the lawn club/sunset bar, down to the dining/Cellar Masters/martini bar. You'll have a great cruise!

Does that make this third thoughts?

There really is no comparison of a balcony on =X= (i know, C3) compared to OV on Carnival.

Reflection is our favorite ship, without a doubt.

Here is the math the way I do it ...

Bev Pack 350 pp = 700

OBC = 300

Grats = 75pp = 150

value = 1150

Carnival OV 1200 + 1150 = 2350, Celebrity Balcony 2300

Just my $.02

Edited by kenevenpar

I am also a Platinum Carnival cruiser. We cruised Carnival for years with the kids and family where cost was the only factor. I have never had a bad cruise on Carnival. Having said that we are now in our early 60's and the kids are grown and the grandchildren are not old enough to cruise yet. We have taken three Celebrity cruises in the last three years including the Galapagos. We sailed on the Reflection Eastern route last fall. We love Celebrity. If it is just us or going with friends we met on the Xpedition Celebrity is the ticket. We have two Celebrity cruises booked in 2016 and 2017. Celebrity is just a more upscale experience. Food is different and better. You have the drinks package which would cost you over $700 on Carnival. I'd go on a Carnival cruise tomorrow for the price and to get away and have a blast. But I'd rather be on a Celebrity cruise even though it would cost me twice as much in most cases. I also sail in Concierge class on Celebrity as it will get me to Elite sooner! The Reflection is a great ship, you will have a blast and your drinks and tips are paid for and you have an OBC for the specialty restaurants. Go Celebrity and try something different. You won't regret it, we don't.

We sailed on Reflection in 12/14 after quite a few CCL cruises and we've subsequently booked trips with Celebrity for this year and 2016. Nothing else booked on CCL at the moment.

One of the things I really liked about Reflection was how they turned the atrium into a gathering place with music and dancing for those interested. It was well done and not obnoxious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay, so here's my 2 cents' worth:

Carnival is fine. I've done 3 cruises with them. They have all been family cruises and I have no complaints. Food was good, service was good, ships were fine.

Celebrity is wonderful. The vibe is awesome! Although others have complained, we've never had a problem finding somewhere to dance in the evenings. We are not ballroom dancers and like lively, preferrably 70's music but will dance to almost anything with a beat. This year on the Eclipse, the choice of live music was great. Many venues were open simultaneously so you had a choice.

The crowd on Celebrity is a bit older than on Carnival however, most are young at heart and fun to be around.

The cost, at almost double, is the only thing that would bother me. You don't say that you have drinks included on Carnival (highly unlikely but not sure if you are comparing apples to apples). The drinks can add up quickly as you know and gratuities and OBC included certainly adds to the value. We love having the Classic drink package on Celebrity. We have only once been refused a drink on it (a fancy martini from the martini bar) and now know to only order appletinis there. Other than that, it completely satisfies any craving we have, even double shots for during the evening entertainment.

I would vote for Celebrity. Enjoy your cruise no matter what you decide.

Thanks all!

Curious, how does Concierge class on Celebrity get me to Elite sooner?:)

Also,

Rccl does the Atrium/ Promenade deck as a great entertainment venue as well,

on Oasis and Freedom ships we were on.

Mike

Conceigre earns 5 Captains Club points per night vs 3 for a standard veranda.

The Atrium on Celebrity ships is not as large as the Atrium/Promenade area on Royal. The Atrium on Celebrity has a very small dance area located by a bar, sitting area and also near Guest Services. Other venues have more dance floor area.

Concierge gets you 5 points per day compared to a Veranda with 3 points and an inside cabin just 2 points. 300 points to Elite. And suites get up to 18 per day, FYI. I see a number of RCCL cruises. If you have status there it might well transfer over.

Edited by az_tchr

Manmtnmike, I've done 26 CCL cruises and after my first cruise on the Reflection last year, I will only do CCL for the short 3-nighters if the price is right and I don't have plans that weekend.

I honestly have never felt so relaxed on a cruise...the adult atrium is incredible, love having a hot breakfast (eggs, bacon, etc) on the balcony table...not a tiny end table provided on CCL. We are big drinkers and love having the drink package.

And guess what? You don't have to sign out for a towel at the pool! Help yourself. Its those small things...

Enjoy!

Manmtnmike, I've done 26 CCL cruises and after my first cruise on the Reflection last year, I will only do CCL for the short 3-nighters if the price is right and I don't have plans that weekend.

I honestly have never felt so relaxed on a cruise...the adult atrium is incredible, love having a hot breakfast (eggs, bacon, etc) on the balcony table...not a tiny end table provided on CCL. We are big drinkers and love having the drink package.

And guess what? You don't have to sign out for a towel at the pool! Help yourself. Its those small things...

Enjoy!

Thanks!

How does that relate with RCCL' scrown and anchor....Does it combine with it or are they seperate?

Thanks!

Mike

Thanks!

How does that relate with RCCL' scrown and anchor....Does it combine with it or are they seperate?

Thanks!

Mike

It is reciprocal; If you are Diamond on RCCL you will be Elite on Celebrity. You can register for the Captain's Club on your pre-registration page. Once a number has been issued, you can call the Captain's Club desk with both your new Captain's Club number and your reservation/booking number to see what level you will be on Celebrity.

Balcony cabins vs. the same on Carnival are smaller but adequate usually with a love seat, vanity, frig, safe and sliding glass doors. I still prefer a Celebrity cruise but I've never had a cruise that I didn't like!

You owe yourself the opportunity to try something new. Hope you enjoy it.

Hi All

We usually dance every night sometimes closing the last bar open. As long as the DJ or band is playing pop, disco, or rock you can find us dancing. We have cruised mostly on Royal and this will be our second Celebrity cruise. On Celebrity Eclipse we got to know the DJ and he would keep us dancing all night. We also try to take all the ballroom and line dance classes, not that I'm good at it, but it's fun.

The Celebrity service level is a bit better than Royal. This is the first time we went for the full 123 package.

Hope to meet you at the connections and see you dancing!

Bruce

We've also been on many of the cruise lines you've sailed and mostly stick with RCCL and Celebrity now. We started on Carnival back in the 90's and that worked for our budget then. We are booked for Reflection over Thanksgiving and can't wait to be back on Celebrity after 4 years taking land vacations with grandkids. The Elite perks are perfect for us, you just can't go wrong with one of these ships. Enjoy!!!!

HI!

Some advice please!!

Got a great 123 deal for a Jan 23 Reflection cruise...

Tell me about my booking: Total cost $2300

Category: Category C3, Concierge Class

Cabin Number: 9300 total, with bev program free Grats, and $300 OBC

-----------------------------------------

Now, I have an opt to book on a fav Carnival ship...

only Ocean View cabin in Platinum status for $1200, close to same itin.

Mike

Let's do the 'shrink' looking at this,

Your booked with a Co you have never done business with at over $1000 more for the same product vs a Co you have done business with for a very long time. And after all this time don't have the confidence in the product not to waste the $1000.

This just reaffirmed why Carnival is not one of the 7 different lines we have cruised on, that even at $1000 less, their customers are looking for something better, which IMHO is what Celebrity is.

EW

Thanks!

Thanks!

Mike

"18 Equivalent Recognition is a program that offers Crown and Anchor, Captain's Club, and Le Club Voyage loyalty members the opportunity to receive recognition and similar benefits when they sail with one of the three brands - both pre-cruise and onboard with matching tier status; however Cruise Points will remain according to actual cruises taken and calculated using the Program level accrual system for Crown & Anchor Society. Members of one program must enroll in the sister program in order to receive equivalent recognition benefits.

Credits earned on one brand are not combinable with credits earned from another brand. The benefits of the Captain’s Club, Crown & Anchor Society and Le Club Voyage will stay independent and not be combined.

Royal Caribbean Crown & Anchor Society® Platinum and Emerald levels will be equivalent to Select in Celebrity Cruise's Captain's Club and Explorer in Azamara Club Cruises' Le Club Voyage. Royal Caribbean Crown & Anchor Society® Diamond, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club levels will be equivalent to Elite in Celebrity Cruise's Captain's Club and Azamara Club Cruises' Discoverer in Le Club Voyage.

Read more at http://www.royalcaribbean.com/cas/viewAllBenefitsLoggedout.do?memberTier=Diamond#mLEWKR4llbfhx6HR.99"

Call C&A have them get you set up with the Capt Club.