Hotel Recommendations for Miami

CruisingYiayia

We are sailing on the Reflection out of Miami in November and will be to staying the night prior to the cruise in Miami. We are currently booked at the Hampton Inn & Suites Miami/Brickell-Downtown, but I have seen some very good pricing on Last Minute Travel for JW Marriott Miami Downtown, Holiday Inn Port of Miami-Downtown, Courtyard By Marriott Downtown Miami/Brickell and Aloft Miami Brickell.

I don't know if we should stay with the the Hampton Inn & Suites, or switch to one of the other hotels. Are any of the others nicer than the Hampton Inn & Suites? I am not familiar with the area and not sure what we should do and would appreciate any suggestions.

Marriott and Courtyard are nicer hotels, the Holiday Inn is probably a step below your hotel. The Brickell area is great with lots of local dining options - I would stay where you are unless the price difference is significant.

i did not like the courtyard at all...it is in need of renovation...i thought i read that there were plans to make it something else as part of redevelopment in miami....i was very disappointed in tbe cleanliness and upkeep...and annoyed that, in miami, they made a mojito with. mix!

i woukd choose either tbe JW marriott brickell or the JW marriott marquis,

Keep in mind that the Hampton Inn includes a nice breakfast when you consider pricing.

I do not care for the particular Courtyard that you mentioned. Think it needs an update.

Of the four hotels, Marriott Marquis is the newest. It is also a full service hotel.

My preferences of the four would be Hampton Inn and Marriott Marquis.

Keith

Keep in mind that the Hampton Inn includes a nice breakfast when you consider pricing.

I do not care for the particular Courtyard that you mentioned. Think it needs an update.

Of the four hotels, Marriott Marquis is the newest. It is also a full service hotel.

My preferences of the four would be Hampton Inn and Marriott Marquis.

Keith

Does the Hampton offer parking while on the cruise

Marriott and Courtyard are nicer hotels, the Holiday Inn is probably a step below your hotel. The Brickell area is great with lots of local dining options - I would stay where you are unless the price difference is significant.

I was on the Hampton Inn website and the Brickell location quote was $132.00 night and transportation ONE WAY to the cruise terminal with 50% off parking( would then be $11 per day). I called hotel direct to confirm everything and she quoted me $309.00 per night! What is up with these motels only offering one way transportation to the cruise terminal

I was on the Hampton Inn website and the Brickell location quote was $132.00 night and transportation ONE WAY to the cruise terminal with 50% off parking( would then be $11 per day). I called hotel direct to confirm everything and she quoted me $309.00 per night! What is up with these motels only offering one way transportation to the cruise terminal

I found this link for Hampton Inn & Suites Brickell, special pricing for Cruise Critic. http://www.hamptoninnmiamibrickell.com/landing/landing/lp4.php

There are very few, if any, hotels which will pick you up at a port. Just too many variables. The port is VERY close to the Hampton Inn. A cab will run under $15.

Unless you need parking, I wouldn't book a cruise special for that hotel. (Nor most other hotels. ) You can do better with a discount site and cab. The early and late check in don't have a dollar value. And the breakfast is free for all.

Edited by eandj

It sounds like you are looking at two different dates of stay. $132. works for now as it is not peak season. The other rate is a winter peak rate.

Why would they pick you up at the port? The cruise passenger business only is a small part of these hotel's business. The majority of their guests aren't there to cruise.

We are sailing on the Reflection out of Miami in November and will be to staying the night prior to the cruise in Miami. We are currently booked at the Hampton Inn & Suites Miami/Brickell-Downtown, but I have seen some very good pricing on Last Minute Travel for JW Marriott Miami Downtown, Holiday Inn Port of Miami-Downtown, Courtyard By Marriott Downtown Miami/Brickell and Aloft Miami Brickell.

I don't know if we should stay with the the Hampton Inn & Suites, or switch to one of the other hotels. Are any of the others nicer than the Hampton Inn & Suites? I am not familiar with the area and not sure what we should do and would appreciate any suggestions.

We are on this Relection sailing as well, with the same issue. I booked the Hampton Inn-Brickell and then we found a better rate on LMT.com at the JW Marriott Marquis. I have a reservation at both right now and am trying to decide which one to keep. Meanwhile, my husband booked a Groupon Getaway for the YVE, which is the cheapest of all, but I am quite certain I am going to cancel that one based on their reviews. We've never been to Miami and we arrive at 8AM, so the hotel decision has been very frustrating!

We are on this Relection sailing as well, with the same issue. I booked the Hampton Inn-Brickell and then we found a better rate on LMT.com at the JW Marriott Marquis. I have a reservation at both right now and am trying to decide which one to keep. Meanwhile, my husband booked a Groupon Getaway for the YVE, which is the cheapest of all, but I am quite certain I am going to cancel that one based on their reviews. We've never been to Miami and we arrive at 8AM, so the hotel decision has been very frustrating!

I just checked JW Marriott Marquis, and the price was significantly more than the Cruise Critic price for the Hampton Inn-Brickell. I think we're going to stay with the Hampton, which also includes breakfast and transportation to POM.

I just checked JW Marriott Marquis, and the price was significantly more than the Cruise Critic price for the Hampton Inn-Brickell. I think we're going to stay with the Hampton, which also includes breakfast and transportation to POM.

Thanks for the information - We rebooked our Hampton Inn reservation through the CC link you provided and got quite a save from our initial booking. I'm going to stop hotel shopping now! Here's to an enjoyable cruise on the Reflection!

I will apologize in advance for my ignorance but I am fairly new to these boards. We too are sailing out in November and are driving from Canada so will need a hotel that offers parking and/or transfer to POM. I would love suggestions. Also, I read about a CC link for hotels. Where do I find the link? TIA

Most of the hotels offering cruise parking deals are out near the airport - Blue Lagoon neighborhood hotels (Hampton Inn, Homewood Suites, etc.) are popular.

http://www.stay123.com and http://www.parksleepfly.com are tow sources for cruise parking deals.

I would look at staying someplace cheap outside of Miami (Orlando is only 3.5 hours away!) and parking at POM - covered, convenient and secure. ;)

Welcome to the boards!

I am booked at the Hampton Inn 5 weeks from tomorrow:) I checked the CC rate. Woudl save me $10 and offer free transporation to the port, but I don't like the shuttle times. The first one leaves at 11am. I am an early person, so we will be taking a taxi. BUT....good deals for people who don't mind!

• 2 weeks later...

We're on your same Reflection sailing. The Hampton is terrific for a pre-cruise. The EPIC is another fantastic Port Location $$$$. Winter rates are in effect and prices are high.

Last time in Miami we tried Aloft. Nice, clean, but no equal to the Hampton. We utilized Hampton

shuttle service to the Port. It was quick and efficient. Upon, return a taxi will return you to the nearby downtown hotels for $15-20. And, the other posting is correct. Great restaurants in Brickell area within walking distance. Perricone's is one of my faves!

Thanks for the information - We rebooked our Hampton Inn reservation through the CC link you provided and got quite a save from our initial booking. I'm going to stop hotel shopping now! Here's to an enjoyable cruise on the Reflection!

If you want to use the transfer to port, book as soon as you arrive, it can get booked up. Those on the CC rate get a free transfer although the reception staff did not know about the deal and had to check when I enquiried, they charged $8.00 each in February for transfer for those not eligible for the free ride.

• 1 month later...