Printing xpress pass

nhsails

I gave up on them several cruises ago. They can check you in just fine without one. Just go to the terminal with your passport and they will let you in with or without the Xpress Pass

Having your Xpress pass saves you lots & lots of extra paperwork at the pier. I remember traveling with another couple who forgot their Xpress pass, and it seemed like an endless amount of time filling out paperwork.

Can you view the Xpass? I ask because I had a problem printing the Xpass after I downloaded Windows 10. I could see the pass but when I tried to print it printed the screen showing all the Online check-in steps complete. DH had no trouble printing the Xpass- he hasn't downloaded Windows 10!

Someone on CC suggested it may have been a pop-up blocked causing the problem.

I've never had a delay due to not having the XPress pass. The check-in people are used to that -- people forget to bring theirs, or pack theirs, or their printer didn't work, or they spill coffee on theirs, or they don't have a computer or whatever. There was no extra paperwork. I signed the forms and got my SeaPass card. I've quit worrying about not being able to do on-line check in and/or not being able to print my XPress passes.

....... or can email it to a neighbor, friend, or relative and have them print it for you, or print it at a public library, or at pre-cruise hotel.

Several have reported success in this situation just by using a different browser.

P.S. Just another thought - maybe try saving the xpress pass to your own computer, then open that file and try printing it from there, offline, instead of from the Celebrity website.

That is what I do with my own xpress passes, so I can print another copy whenever I want without needing to log back into my Celebrity account.

Edited by fleckle

So glad you got it nhsails. I couldn't even get into the Celebrity site lately with Firefox. As others have said, I tried IE and printed the pass flawlessly, and ordered baggage tags as well. I also agree with Cruisestitch that you don't need it. We had to go without it once (even the supervisor couldn't help) and we had no problem at all. It didn't even seem to take much extra time.

Enjoy your cruise.

....... or can email it to a neighbor, friend, or relative and have them print it for you, or print it at a public library, or at pre-cruise hotel.

Several have reported success in this situation just by using a different browser.

P.S. Just another thought - maybe try saving the xpress pass to your own computer, then open that file and try printing it from there, offline, instead of from the Celebrity website.

That is what I do with my own xpress passes, so I can print another copy whenever I want without needing to log back into my Celebrity account.

Thank you so much for this tip - saved the xpress pass to my computer and then printed it out and it worked perfectly! :)

Having your Xpress pass saves you lots & lots of extra paperwork at the pier. I remember traveling with another couple who forgot their Xpress pass, and it seemed like an endless amount of time filling out paperwork.

If I recall from when I do paperwork at the pier, the extra forms are:

• Credit card charge form, where you put all your pertinent data - 1 per person, name address phone email, DOB, passport, last 4 digits credit card numbers expiry, past cruises
  • Emergency Contact form - 1 per person
  • Sign a blank cruise Contract - 1 per person

I can't think of any other extra paperwork to complete.

Not sure what their issue was. But I haven't printed up an Xpress pass or any paperwork for any cruise line in years. If it took me more time at check in, it was in the order of 30-60 seconds at most.

I had no extra paperwork. The agent takes my passport and credit card as always, types in the key numbers into the computer, I sign twice as always (accepting the cruise contract and authorizing the credit card charges) and I get my SeaPass card. On my last cruise, my friend (who arrived at the terminal with her printed XPress pass in hand) and I both walked up to the check-in desks at the same time. I was finished before she was.

Not sure what their issue was. But I haven't printed up an Xpress pass or any paperwork for any cruise line in years. If it took me more time at check in, it was in the order of 30-60 seconds at most.

Really? It is the only thing I print....the Express Pass is only one

sheet of paper...I give it to the person at Check in with my Passport.

I was on a TA traveling with friends who forgot their Xpress pass. We had to wait for them as they had to fill out extra paperwork relating to what was on the Xpress pass, i.e. names, consent form for credit card, yada, yada, yada, instead of just signing the Xpress pass and giving them your credit card to swipe. It happened just last year. I was there. I saw it. :rolleyes: