Caribbean Princess self laundry question

LdyDDS

I think the Caribbean Princess uses your room key to swipe to pay for laundry and then you get coins to put in machines and laundry soap and softener are extra.....same swipe card for coins again. ( I bring my own laundry soap and dryer sheets as fragrance free needed here)

Sure some one will jump in here if that is incorrect

We always pack a few all in one detergent and dryer sheets in a zip lock bag in our luggage, one nice thing about them is there is no liquid to potentially spill and they take up little space. http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/magazine-archive/2010/january/home-garden/purex-3-in-1/overview/purex-3-in-1-ov.htm

Last trip the machines take a card swipe and spit out tokens. make sure you get the right tokens. there are wash, dry and detergent.

we use Purex 3 in 1 take a zip bag full. save a bunch on detergent, there are more than one laundry rooms. start the water, then toss in a 3 in 1.

Edited by darienill

We have done the 3 in 1 sheets as well, but I can no longer find them. I have a little jar that I pack Tide pods into.

Can Buy "Wash-eze" all in one sheets on Amazon or direct from washeze.com. They are $6.99 for 10 direct from the company and are similar to the Purex sheets.

I understand that there is a charge per load to use the self service laundry. Does this charge include the detergent or is there an extra charge for it?

$3 wash. $3 dry. $1.50 detergent.

If you care what brand detergent you use, bring your own.

I think the Caribbean Princess uses your room key to swipe to pay for laundry and then you get coins to put in machines and laundry soap and softener are extra.....same swipe card for coins again. ( I bring my own laundry soap and dryer sheets as fragrance free needed here)

Sure some one will jump in here if that is incorrect

We have done the 3 in 1 sheets as well, but I can no longer find them. I have a little jar that I pack Tide pods into.

We too use the fragrance/allergen free detergent. I do have some of the 3-in-1 sheets left over from our previous cruise (at home we used the boxes of Arm&Hammer). I've bought allergen-free pods for my daughter to use at college, but I may also send her some of the sheets too in a future care package.

I am somewhat surprised they don't include detergent like HAL machines do (you press a button on the machine, and they dispense it into the wash from a detergent reservoir). I heard they do this, because they do not want certain types of detergent that are 'incompatible' with their machines...

Not sure of the validity of that, but in a similar vane, they only want passengers to use the bio-degradable type of toilet paper they supply in cabins so as not to harm their sewage system....:confused:

On HAL, you pay for the wash (last time I was aboard them in 2010, it took 8 quarters for the wash. The dryer's were free of charge. Some folks hand washed some items in their cabins, and used the free dryer's....:rolleyes: