I need help! I'm being kicked off the Glory!!

memecakes

When our 7 wonderful days or over, the Carnival "Gods" are going to kick us off the Glory next month I just KNOW it!! They have done it before!!! I can't seem to find a good place to hide so I just know they will do it again. Bummer is we will have a very long wait for our flight. 5PM from Miami Airport. I don't really want to spend all day in the airport.:rolleyes:the Carnival excursions don't seem to get very good reviews. (We did the Everglade one in the past, that was fun) Do any of you have any other good ideas on how to spend the time? Keep in mind we will have our luggage... Thanks for any ideas!

Shoulda booked it Back-to-Back!

But you still get kicked off sooner or later. We have done B2B and they booted us too.

I know how it feels to sit in an airport for a late flight after a cruise. I understand it isn't fun, but there could be worse things I suppose.

We used luggage express so all we had was a small carry on. We took the water taxi ride. Saw how the rich and famous live. We stopped and had a great lunch. With the water taxi you can stop and get off and get back on later for no extra charge. They run about every 20 minutes. Loved all the houses and boats. The driver knew everyone on the canal and who lived where. Just a lazy interesting afternoon. The drinks and meal where also great!

If you can do luggage express do it.

Do the duck tour (way fun) or the Miami Queen Hatbor Tour (nice) or South Beach Tour. There is a "Theiller" type jet boat out of Bayside Marketplace. Speaking of which you can check luggage there also. It is a nice mall with many activities leaving from there. Shopping, restaurants and harbor views in the outdoor Plaza type area.

The City Tour was great too. Got off in a few spots and very informative.

Miami has LOTS of things to do.

Enjoy your cruise!

Buck up, Buttercup. The cruise is OVER!!! Time to get back to work. So you can pay for the net cruise.

Just go to the airport and find a seat.

Read a book.

Count the ceiling tile.

People watch.

Find a seat in the bar/ restaurant and don't order a thing (see how long that lasts)

Make a mini cruise out of it. Go visit 3 different gates at different ends of the airport.

There are a million things to do at the airport for free.

Last time I had a 5:00 flight, I tried to be the last one off the ship. I was waiting to hear my name called by the CD.....never did....

I was asked to leave by quite a few crew members...and finally left when I did not see anyone else.

When I left, I asked if I was the last one, and was told there were over a hundred more!!:confused:

Not sure where THEY were hiding.....

Last time I had a 5:00 flight, I tried to be the last one off the ship. I was waiting to hear my name called by the CD.....never did....

I was asked to leave by quite a few crew members...and finally left when I did not see anyone else.

When I left, I asked if I was the last one, and was told there were over a hundred more!!:confused:

Not sure where THEY were hiding.....

I don't really understand the desire to stick it out on the ship as long as possible. From our experience, they don't make staying on the ship on debarkation day the most comfortable or pleasant. Their goal is to turn that ship over. They don't want people sticking around nor would I really want to try that hard. To me, is really isn't any more pleasant sitting on the ship or sitting at the airport. They are both just about the same. Might as well get it out of the way and just get to the airport where I can relax until the flight.

Set up rental car from whichever port you disembarkStash your bags in car for day.. Drive to South Beach.If a Sunday, maybe an outdoor Antique, jewelry, clothing market on Lincoln Road. Lincoln Rd. a great outdoor mall with shops from all over the world. Have lunch/ beer at Hofbreau(sp?) from Munich.Or Davids Cuban restaurant. Do a Duck boat tour from there also.Walk over to the Beach and swim.Lots of alternatives.

We took a cab to the airport ($25) and rented a car for the day. Spent 2-3 hours at South Beach walking around and then drove over to the Everglades (about 40 minutes to where we were going) and went on an airboat ride. We grabbed lunch and returned the car. It made for a great day. Car was under $30.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app7

I don't really understand the desire to stick it out on the ship as long as possible. From our experience, they don't make staying on the ship on debarkation day the most comfortable or pleasant. Their goal is to turn that ship over. They don't want people sticking around nor would I really want to try that hard. To me, is really isn't any more pleasant sitting on the ship or sitting at the airport. They are both just about the same. Might as well get it out of the way and just get to the airport where I can relax until the flight.

Ship: Free ice cream, beverages, nice views, breeze, fresh air...

Airport: $5 muffins, no free self serve ice cream, stuffy, crowded

Ship Wins....

We try to have a leisurely morning, breakfast, double check the room for any last minute items. Then we sit on deck and read for a bit until the massive crowds have cleared out. We have a last minute ice cream cone if the machine is on and then head out.

Makes it much easier to find our bags and go through customs.

We aren't the last off (nor do we try to be) but we figure there is no harm in waiting for the lines to go down a bit.

ymmv

When our 7 wonderful days or over, the Carnival "Gods" are going to kick us off the Glory next month I just KNOW it!! They have done it before!!! I can't seem to find a good place to hide so I just know they will do it again. Bummer is we will have a very long wait for our flight. 5PM from Miami Airport. I don't really want to spend all day in the airport.:rolleyes:the Carnival excursions don't seem to get very good reviews. (We did the Everglade one in the past, that was fun) Do any of you have any other good ideas on how to spend the time? Keep in mind we will have our luggage... Thanks for any ideas!

Those totters.

I hate hen they kick me off.