Spiriting Venice to Istanbul now

duct tape

Special thanks to duct tape and thanks to Spinnaker2, Brimary, Randyk47, TLCOhio for your glowing comments on the Kotor sail in. We booked the Wind next October--2628 (Rome to Venice) and 2629 (Venice to Rome (incl's Kotor)) today, in part because your fawned so well over Kotor.

Glad you're going to get to visit Kotor. Not a high energy port but maybe one of the most lovely and scenic. The old town itself is wonderful just to wander around in up and down narrow little walkways....I'd hardly call them streets. Hopefully the weather will cooperate. Our stops have been in May and June and except for a light sprinkle on our first May visit it's been beautiful. Just thinking of sitting on the pool deck of the Wind or Spirit and enjoying the view brings a sigh and smile to my face.

Tomorrow we join you on the Spirit. We have enjoyed three fabulous days in Istanbul. It has been crowded, but still such a fascinating city. We were concerned about the political situation but have found no issues nor have we felt unsafe in any way.

Around the upcoming elections, who knows? And, so far, we have seen nothing to indicate there is a migrant situation.

See you tomorrow!

We have enjoyed three fabulous days in Istanbul. It has been crowded, but still such a fascinating city. We were concerned about the political situation but have found no issues nor have we felt unsafe in any way. Around the upcoming elections, who knows? And, so far, we have seen nothing to indicate there is a migrant situation.

Appreciate this very current update about conditions in Istanbul. Good news!! This matches what a friend who was there with his wife ten days ago had indicated. Look forward to hearing added updates and impressions from DT and others.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

From our Jan. 25-Feb. 20, 2015, Amazon River-Caribbean combo sailing over 26 days that started in Barbados, here is the link below to that live/blog. Lots of great visuals from this amazing Brazil river and these various Caribbean Islands (Dutch ABC's, St. Barts, Dominica, Grenada, etc.) that we experienced. Check it out at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2157696

Now at 29,083 views for these postings.

Glad you're going to get to visit Kotor. Not a high energy port but maybe one of the most lovely and scenic. The old town itself is wonderful just to wander around in up and down narrow little walkways....I'd hardly call them streets. Hopefully the weather will cooperate. Our stops have been in May and June and except for a light sprinkle on our first May visit it's been beautiful. Just thinking of sitting on the pool deck of the Wind or Spirit and enjoying the view brings a sigh and smile to my face.

DO NOT MISS the sail-in to Kotor! As others have observed, it is mesmerizing! The town is a labyrinth of cobble-stone, or rather uneven, stone streets which sometimes loop to a starting point, other times not... Please use rubber soled shoes for the uneven terrain. DH and I had to turn back from our climb to see the church on the mountain top due to my vanity shoes! Oh well, we both agreed we would be back.

Duct Tape, we got off Regent Mariner in Istanbul Monday and saw the Spirit parked right behind us. I said to George "There is our other ship." Be glad you were not disembarking. The port area outside where the buses, cars and taxis are was a mad house. We never did find our pre-booked driver, so had to take a taxi to the airport.