Cabin Refrigerators on Sunshine

That is a very good reason not to book the sunshine!!!!!!!!!!!!

now that is just plain silly (IMHO) since you can't bring tons of drinks onboard only a 12 pack per guest, we have found that getting the bottomless bubbles makes more sense, and the ice that is provided works great, better than the fridge anyway. I can't wait to get on the Sunshine, and not having a fridge is not going to make any difference to us.

now that is just plain silly (IMHO) since you can't bring tons of drinks onboard only a 12 pack per guest, we have found that getting the bottomless bubbles makes more sense, and the ice that is provided works great, better than the fridge anyway. I can't wait to get on the Sunshine, and not having a fridge is not going to make any difference to us.

Hoping it was said I jest and why I singled it out.

Edited by jimbo5544

That is a very good reason not to book the sunshine!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not sure I understand your reasoning here unless you have medicines or baby formula that needs to be kept cold. Also, of all the different ships/lines we've sailed on we have yet to have a "refrig" that was anything more than a mini-bar that kept the drinks a tad bit cooler than room temp.

A steward that brings ice AM and PM seems to do the trick for us including allowing a bottle of wine to chill in the ice bucket. :)

Edited by summersigh

Yeah we are going on the Sunshine here in 17 days and have a spa balcony so we will have a mini bar. It will be nice but we still tend to get a beer bucket once we get on and bring that to the room and have the room steward keep that as well as the ice bucket full.

The mini bar is a nice to have but not a NEED to have by any means.

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah, probably makes about as much sense as some of the other ones as well.....

Seems lame to me in IMHO

Lack of a fridge is one reason not to sail on Sunshine. Another good reason is the comedy club lounge is way too small for number of guests on the ship.

It appears Vista is going to have the same situation as to lounge size.

Lack of a fridge is one reason not to sail on Sunshine. Another good reason is the comedy club lounge is way too small for number of guests on the ship.

It appears Vista is going to have the same situation as to lounge size.

To be honest, I have not really studied the deck plans. I am pretty sure they are copying a number of things that are on the Sunshine (multi pose main lounge as one of them). Whet here it is bigger (were there size restrictions specifically on the Sunshine due to the retrofit) or not, I have not a clue. Time will tell.

To be honest, I have not really studied the deck plans. I am pretty sure they are copying a number of things that are on the Sunshine (multi pose main lounge as one of them). Whet here it is bigger (were there size restrictions specifically on the Sunshine due to the retrofit) or not, I have not a clue. Time will tell.

Have to agree with you on this, just off the Sunshine for 2nd trip, the first was in Europe so the crowding issue wasn't as bad. However this last trip it was more noticeable, but like you stated probably based on the existing remodel space also factored into it. According to the Vista plans it doesn't appear that the space is as small, so I don't anticipate the same issues on the Vista next year. As far as the Sunshine we loved it and don't know why others complain so much about it. We were just on the Glory in June and although we also love that ship there were issues with it also as far as crowding in certain venues. I think it's just a matter of enjoying yourself and making the best of your vacation. Also we ordered one of the collapsible cooler/beverage packages onboard the Sunshine for our balcony cabin and our steward kept it replenished all week long for our water and beverages, which we acknowledged at the end of the week. :D

Wanted to do the Vista TA but the itinerary is rather pathetic so we decided to pass on it. By the time we are ready to book another Caribbean would expect the Vista would be here and can get some first hand accounts of how people like it.

Hope to do another TA instead but not ready to pull the trigger for some months yet.