EZAr through Princess Question

Native Floridian 26

Is EZAir only available if yo book through Princess? We live in Florida and have never needed air with our flights. We're looking at Transatlantic and need a one way flight from Europe. If you book through a TA can you use EZair, or do you have to get airfare on your own?

Thanks!

Edited by tzais01

Cruise price and air price are two different items. The air is treated more like an ancillary purchase to the cruise booking. You can manage the EZAir yourself, just like you can book your excursions, or spa treatments. Cruise booking can only be handled by the TA that booked it, including price adjustments.

With EZair flexible if the price drops you can just call Princess and have them adjust the price..

OR .... you can go on the Princess website, get into the Personalizer, cancel your existing flexible air reservation and rebook it if/when you find a lower price on the EZAir page. I just did that a couple of weeks ago when I found I could get the same flight already booked at about $200 less per person for flights from Heathrow to Tampa after our cruise.

One caveat .... one can only make changes more than 45 days before the flight when flying to a port city ,or in the case of a flight at the end of a cruise, 45 days before the beginning of the cruise.

Is EZAir only available if yo book through Princess? We live in Florida and have never needed air with our flights. We're looking at Transatlantic and need a one way flight from Europe. If you book through a TA can you use EZair, or do you have to get airfare on your own?

Thanks!

Yes, used it for Europe cruise and had no issues or changes in flights.

What if the cruise price drops after deposit but before final payment?

The EZ Air questions have been addressed. The Cruise: A good T.A. will normally provide additional perks such as OBC's, bottle of wine, discount from the posted fares, things like that, beyond what booking directly with the cruise line will provide. If fares drop, or there is a better promo before final payment you can get it, just call the T.A.. The only issue is that if your original booking has a non-refundable deposit. Read the fine print carefully.

You didn't ask but:

If you are active or discharged military you can get the military OBC. The credit is per passenger. So if both are military, both get the OBC. The OBC is stackable to other OBC you may have.

On Princess each adult passenger can carry on one 750ml bottle of wine, no charge for use in your cabin. Additional bottles can be carried on, but will be charged a $15/bot corkage. No beer or spirits.

You can bring on board as much water, soda, and other non-alcoholic beverages as you like. No limit, no restrictions like Carnival.

Thank you, SK. As you can see, we've been on Carnival only for the last several cruises. As a CCL stockholder, do I still submit my stock information directly through Carnival rather than through the travel agent?

You would send your shareholder information to Princess.. There's a form around here somewhere. Search the forum for shareholder benefit and you should be able to find it..

Thank you, SK. As you can see, we've been on Carnival only for the last several cruises. As a CCL stockholder, do I still submit my stock information directly through Carnival rather than through the travel agent?

Here is a copy of the current form for filling for the Stockholder OBC.

Tom

Princess_Shareholder_Request_Form_2016.pdf

OR .... you can go on the Princess website, get into the Personalizer, cancel your existing flexible air reservation and rebook it if/when you find a lower price on the EZAir page. I just did that a couple of weeks ago when I found I could get the same flight already booked at about $200 less per person for flights from Heathrow to Tampa after our cruise.

One caveat .... one can only make changes more than 45 days before the flight when flying to a port city ,or in the case of a flight at the end of a cruise, 45 days before the beginning of the cruise.

Where do you find the EZAir page to check the current price? I'm afraid to fool around with the reservation that I have because I'm afraid it'll go away.

You would send your shareholder information to Princess.. There's a form around here somewhere. Search the forum for shareholder benefit and you should be able to find it..

We turn the stock info over to our TA at the same time we turn over the booking. Never a problem. On average we change our air with EZair at least 3-4 times before departure. That is the beauty of it. Either better pricing or flight times allows us to make changes without penalty.

No not Carnival Cruise Lines, that is a different cruise line that operates separately from Princess. We always send our forms directly to Princess to the address shown in Santa Clarita, no need to involve another party. Also you can only send the documents by USPS mail or fax. Princess does not accept e-mail for this transaction.

Where do you find the EZAir page to check the current price? I'm afraid to fool around with the reservation that I have because I'm afraid it'll go away.

From outside the personalyzer the main page that shows the cruise prices and itinerary there is a button that says "Flight Quotes"..

Thank you for this info....I checked and it actually went up.

It is wise to check daily as prices go up and down frequently. Also, if you have flexibility, check fares for other days. We booked flights for our 2 Dec. transatlantic. Started at $985 per person on Delta. Saw that rates for flying 2 days earlier saved over $350 total so we booked that so eZAIR paid for our hotel :D. Then checked a week or two later (actually checked every day) and price for air leaving 4 days earlier was priced at $559 on American :D:D. eZAIR savings not only paid for our hotel but for airport transfers, train tickets and meals. :D:D:D

Harry

Thank you for this info....I checked and it actually went up.

Keep checking at least every few days. The fares tend to fluctuate up and down.

When we booked originally we thought we had gotten a good deal as compared to what we were seeing online.

When the fares went down by almost $200, we were ecstatic!

Keep checking at least every few days. The fares tend to fluctuate up and down.

When we booked originally we thought we had gotten a good deal as compared to what we were seeing online.

When the fares went down by almost $200, we were ecstatic!

I'll have to keep checking - who knows...we might get lucky!

Can we change our EZAir flight times on the day of departure without a penalty? We're booked on our return home on a very late flight and there is an earlier flight. I booked the flight at the same time I booked the cruise, directly with Princess. She put us on the later flight as Princess couldn't guarantee that we'd make the earlier flight... We're due to arrive in Houston at 7:00 AM and the first flight home is at 12:40 - the next one is at 5:40 :eek:

Can we change our EZAir flight times on the day of departure without a penalty? We're booked on our return home on a very late flight and there is an earlier flight. I booked the flight at the same time I booked the cruise, directly with Princess. She put us on the later flight as Princess couldn't guarantee that we'd make the earlier flight... We're due to arrive in Houston at 7:00 AM and the first flight home is at 12:40 - the next one is at 5:40 :eek:

That would be up to the airline.

Most will charge a fee or have a penalty and also could make you pay the difference from what your flight originally cost to what the other flight would cost that day.

Princess suggests that flights from either HOU or IAH be no earlier than 6.5 hours after scheduled arrival which would be 1:30 PM in your case.

If the ship arrives on time (no fog problems), you would have no problem making a 12:40 PM flight.