Question about C&A Double points, and minor kids in another room

klepton

I'm looking at booking two rooms, a GS and a J (Inside cabin) across the hall. However, since these staterooms are not connecting I'm under the impression that I can't book my two kids (12 and 4 at the time of cruising) in that room by themselves. The rub is that I would like my wife and myself to get the double C&A points and gold card privileges for the suite, not my kids. Is there any way to accomplish this?

I could book all 4 of us in the GS, but believe it or not that would be $1400 more than getting two rooms. I figure the kids don't need double points or gold card privileges.

The kids can be across the hall if the cabin is DIRECTLY across the hall. You can't book this on the website; you will need to call RC (or use a TA).

I always call C&A and get excellent customer service. 800-526-9723

You and your wife will get the double points in your GS, plus Concierge Lounge privileges.

You didn't ask, but if I were traveling with a 4 & a 12 year old, I would put them into a cabin which had a door connecting to my cabin. No way would I put a child that young across the hall.

YMMV

;)

The kids can be across the hall if the cabin is DIRECTLY across the hall. You can't book this on the website; you will need to call RC (or use a TA).

I always call C&A and get excellent customer service. 800-526-9723

You and your wife will get the double points in your GS, plus Concierge Lounge privileges.

You didn't ask, but if I were traveling with a 4 & a 12 year old, I would put them into a cabin which had a door connecting to my cabin. No way would I put a child that young across the hall.

YMMV

;)

Thanks Merion_Mom, I appreciate the tips.

Kids wouldn't sleep by themselves over there, I'm not sure how we'd do the sleeping arrangements but we definitely wouldn't put the kids by themselves. This is just for booking to get DW the gold card benefits and double points. Might be DW and the kids use that as just a bedroom (DS will have a travel cot). That's how we did it a few months ago. But I agree with you, no way would we let them sleep alone in a room that didn't connect. :-) I wish the vision had a GS that connected to an inside.

I'll call RCCL to book and see what I can do. Thanks again!

Thanks Merion_Mom, I appreciate the tips.

Kids wouldn't sleep by themselves over there, I'm not sure how we'd do the sleeping arrangements but we definitely wouldn't put the kids by themselves. This is just for booking to get DW the gold card benefits and double points. Might be DW and the kids use that as just a bedroom (DS will have a travel cot). That's how we did it a few months ago. But I agree with you, no way would we let them sleep alone in a room that didn't connect. :-) I wish the vision had a GS that connected to an inside.

I'll call RCCL to book and see what I can do. Thanks again!

Does it have to be the Vision? The newer ships DO have some better configurations.

Does it have to be the Vision? The newer ships DO have some better configurations.

In this case, yes. 16 day Suez Canal cruise, I can't be too picky about the ship. :D

The Liberty was great in June! We got a balcony that connected to an inside.

In this case, yes. 16 day Suez Canal cruise, I can't be too picky about the ship. :D

The Liberty was great in June! We got a balcony that connected to an inside.

What room were you in for June? I would love a balcony that connects to an inside, and we are sailing Liberty next year...

What room were you in for June? I would love a balcony that connects to an inside, and we are sailing Liberty next year...

We haven't stayed in them, but booked once (then upgraded during a sale to 2 balconies). If you look all the way aft on Freedom and Voyager class, I believe deck 9 you will see the 2 pairs on each ship. They do book quickly so if you see them and want them, grab them.

There are also 2 sets of oceanview with connected insides all the way forward. Again deck 9 or maybe 8.

We haven't stayed in them, but booked once (then upgraded during a sale to 2 balconies). If you look all the way aft on Freedom and Voyager class, I believe deck 9 you will see the 2 pairs on each ship. They do book quickly so if you see them and want them, grab them.

There are also 2 sets of oceanview with connected insides all the way forward. Again deck 9 or maybe 8.

They are sort of famous, and I wish that they were more widely publicized.

I always try to post them in threads like this.

The pair is a D2 balcony cabin with a connecting door into an interior cabin. Each has only two berths, so it doesn't work for a family of more than four.

Voyager class: 9676 & 9681. 9376 & 9381.

Freedom class: 9696 & 9701. 9396 & 9401.

There are actually quite a few connecting pairs with oceanviews.

The balcony + interior combination is unique to the quoted locations because the interior is NOT across the hall but directly adjacent, because the exterior hull of the ship makes an interior at the end of the hall, instead of another balcony cabin.

I'm looking at booking two rooms, a GS and a J (Inside cabin) across the hall. However, since these staterooms are not connecting I'm under the impression that I can't book my two kids (12 and 4 at the time of cruising) in that room by themselves. The rub is that I would like my wife and myself to get the double C&A points and gold card privileges for the suite, not my kids. Is there any way to accomplish this?

I could book all 4 of us in the GS, but believe it or not that would be $1400 more than getting two rooms. I figure the kids don't need double points or gold card privileges.

you can accomplish that by calling directly or using a TA . you just can't do it online. they will allow the kids to be directly across the hall or in the adjacent room( connecting is not necessary)

Already answered by others, but we were in the 9396 & 9401 combination on the Liberty. This was an awesome configuration! DW and the kids slept in the inside (DS had a travel cot). I slept in the balcony room because I was the last to bed and the first one up in the morning. I like the sun shining in the morning, everyone else liked it dark (which the inside was). DS could take his naps and we had another room + balcony to hang out in.

Another cool feature was our balcony "extended" over to where the balcony would have been for the inside cabin. There was a rail there, which you just crawled under, and there was a sloped wall that made for low headroom, but it was a nice little cove that DD liked. She'd put a blanket down and then crawl back there to read. Our balcony itself was a very decent size, very deep. My only complaint was the chairs were very uncomfortable. All in all though, I love the configuration and would book again for sure on Freedom/Voyager class.

We booked over a year in advance and one of the pairs was already booked, they go fast!

Already answered by others, but we were in the 9396 & 9401 combination on the Liberty. This was an awesome configuration! DW and the kids slept in the inside (DS had a travel cot). I slept in the balcony room because I was the last to bed and the first one up in the morning. I like the sun shining in the morning, everyone else liked it dark (which the inside was). DS could take his naps and we had another room + balcony to hang out in.

Another cool feature was our balcony "extended" over to where the balcony would have been for the inside cabin. There was a rail there, which you just crawled under, and there was a sloped wall that made for low headroom, but it was a nice little cove that DD liked. She'd put a blanket down and then crawl back there to read. Our balcony itself was a very decent size, very deep. My only complaint was the chairs were very uncomfortable. All in all though, I love the configuration and would book again for sure on Freedom/Voyager class.

We booked over a year in advance and one of the pairs was already booked, they go fast!

I was so excited -- called and the 9396 & 9401 rooms were available! And then I told my husband and he said "Have you lost your mind?!" Our last cruise we had an adjoining cabin with our in-laws...who chose to pop in, without warning, at all hours of the day and night. Poor man has never recovered... :D I think if our boys were little it would be a no-brainer. BUT as teens, I think they'll enjoy their space.

So...the boys get to have their own room, mid-ship, across the hall from us...and we get a locking door. My next mission is to try and convince everyone to do an aft balcony cabin next cruise....

It's crazy that two rooms are cheaper than 4 people in one, but that's why we have a D2 and an interior! Your configuration will still give you some space to spread out if needed, and you can always find a way to make sleeping arrangements work. Don't know what can be done to up your points...with our two boys, they required us to split the booking with an adult in each cabin. Here's hoping that someone at RCCL can help you out, or someone on the boards has a creative solution....