Full name on my passport

maikypr

I booked my cruise directly through Royal Caribbean website and I now realized that I only included my first name and last name on my reservation. When I verified my passport I realized that it has my first name, second name (no initial) and my last name. Is that going to be a problem during embarkation? Can I change my name on the reservation? haven't made my final payment yet, should I call Royal Caribbean? We are traveling on Jewel of the Seas from San Juan. Thank you in advance for your help! :)

It shouldn't be a problem. My passport has my First name, Middle name, Maiden name, and Married name (no hyphens) and my reservation is and has been First name and Last Name...

If you are worried you can call RCI...

I booked my cruise directly through Royal Caribbean website and I now realized that I only included my first name and last name on my reservation. When I verified my passport I realized that it has my first name, second name (no initial) and my last name. Is that going to be a problem during embarkation? Can I change my name on the reservation? haven't made my final payment yet, should I call Royal Caribbean? We are traveling on Jewel of the Seas from San Juan. Thank you in advance for your help! :)

The cruise line only cares if the first and last name match the ID documents.

I have always used my passport (which has my middle name) as documentation and never listed my middle name with Royal. Never had an issue.

No need to do anything, you will be fine.

That is exactly what I was going to say. We've been cruising for 10 years and never ever used our middle names in the reservation, which are of course on the passport. I wouldn't worry about it or bother calling RCCL.

I book every cruise online and here is the deal....... When you book it only ask for a first and last name and does not ask for a middle initial or full middle name. When you do your online check in it will ask for your full first, middle name and last name there. Online check in is where you will be required to enter your name as it appears on your passport. :cool:

As another poster up above and myself stated, when you do your online check in there will be a entry for your full middle name if you have one. You should put that exactly as it is on your passport. I just recently did my online check-in for my cruise in 17 days. :cool:

What about those of us who have use our middle name. My passport has H Elizabeth and my last name. I've always been known by Beth or Elizabeth. Can I register like that and then put the H as my first name when I do the final check-in? I've never thought of that. This will be my first RC cruise - usually we sail on Celebrity and trust me, it has caused problems, like getting my cruise card printed with "H" leaving the staff wondering what to call me.

Beth

I don't think it matters much as long as the first and last name match your passport. I haven't updated my passport to have my married name yet (after nearly 4 years lol). I just use my maiden name on my reservation and it has never been an issue for cruising or flying. I will update it when it's time to renew my passport :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums