New promotion - National Plan a Cruise Month

DaveOKC

I booked my cruise on the Koningsdam under a group rate. It would be $1000 more to add Explore 4 and my cruise is not on the list for this new promotion. I'm feeling left out, but I guess I have a good cruise fare.

I'd rather have the $1000. You can buy a lot if drinks with that.

MY TA just informed me that the HAL Customer Service representative he talked with had not heard of the National Plan a Cruise Month promotion being offered by HAL!!!! It's is on their website. I don't expect them to know the answer to every question or issue but it is puzzling that they don't know about promotions and don't research it further when getting a call about it.

Edited by qsuzi

MY TA just informed me that the HAL Customer Service representative he talked with had not heard of the National Plan a Cruise Month promotion being offered by HAL!!!! It's is on their website. I don't expect them to know the answer to every question or issue but it is puzzling that they don't know about promotions and don't research it further when getting a call about it.

The same just happened with my TA!

Same thing here. My TA was able to get it after being on the phone for a long time with the HAL rep. I checked earlier today and was not able to find it on the HAL website as I saw it there yesterday. I'll go back to the website again and see if it is now there.

Diane

Another thank you to this posting.

Our TA called HAL and after a long time on the phone, we were able to save $1000 on our cabin, keep our existing OBC and added more. Explore 4 promotion isn't offered on our cruise but with the savings, we can do a lot!!

Our TA is awesome and so is CC!!!:D

$1,000 that is amazing. How many days is your cruise? We were able to apply the the National Plan a Cruise Month OBC to an existing booking too for an extra $200.

Glad this has worked for many-- no luck for me.

I found it quite odd that is was good on the 17 day April 18, 2016 TA sailing on Zuiderdam and the following 12 day Baltic--- I had booked these two cruises as one 29 day cruise departing April 18 and they said that the National Plan a Cruise was not available on it!!

So if I had booked it as two separate cruises, I would have gotten the NPC promotion on BOTH, but since I had booked it as one longer cruise, I got nothing out of NPC promotion. Just seems odd to me-- even went up the ladder and had them check with marketing to see if it was an error-- but no luck--not good on the 29 day sailing, but good on both the 12 day and 17 day that make up the 29 day sailing.

Glad this has worked for many-- no luck for me.

I found it quite odd that is was good on the 17 day April 18, 2016 TA sailing on Zuiderdam and the following 12 day Baltic--- I had booked these two cruises as one 29 day cruise departing April 18 and they said that the National Plan a Cruise was not available on it!!

So if I had booked it as two separate cruises, I would have gotten the NPC promotion on BOTH, but since I had booked it as one longer cruise, I got nothing out of NPC promotion. Just seems odd to me-- even went up the ladder and had them check with marketing to see if it was an error-- but no luck--not good on the 29 day sailing, but good on both the 12 day and 17 day that make up the 29 day sailing.

You know guys, I just ck'd my cruise which is Oct 9th 2016. It shows my Mediterranean Romance cruise on there BUT, showed inside cabin for April, and Balcony and Neptune suite for June!!!

I emailed my PCC who was on vacation when I saw Daves report, and just said can we get this promo added on to the other promo of the Explore 4 which we also got when that promo was started. Now I booked this cruise on our last trip on board in March, so we had no promos then. I have no idea how we got this promo from our PCC since we really should not of gotten that promo since it was for the June sailing! Hummmmm? Was it because you had a TA who just was not able to get it for you? I really do not know why we got ours since it is for the Oct. sailing!!! No I feel bad for some of you who could not get it. If I never read your response I would of figured it was because our sailing was part of the promo.

Denise:)

PS I think you should call them and really express that you can not understand why!

You know guys, I just ck'd my cruise which is Oct 9th 2016. It shows my Mediterranean Romance cruise on there BUT, showed inside cabin for April, and Balcony and Neptune suite for June!!!

I emailed my PCC who was on vacation when I saw Daves report, and just said can we get this promo added on to the other promo of the Explore 4 which we also got when that promo was started. Now I booked this cruise on our last trip on board in March, so we had no promos then. I have no idea how we got this promo from our PCC since we really should not of gotten that promo since it was for the June sailing! Hummmmm? Was it because you had a TA who just was not able to get it for you? I really do not know why we got ours since it is for the Oct. sailing!!! No I feel bad for some of you who could not get it. If I never read your response I would of figured it was because our sailing was part of the promo.

PS I think you should call them and really express that you can not understand why!

Yes I did call them(HAL) directly after having our TA told the 29 day sailing did not apply( we do have the Explore 4--just could not get National Plan a Cruise added. They went to their manager, who went to marketing. They said the 12 and 17 day are included, but not the 29 day combination.-- It just did not make sense to me. When I looked at the selected sailings for NPC on the website, it listed the 12 and 17 day ones, but not the 29 day combo. I thought it was an inadvertant error, so I called. I was told it was not an error- that the 29 day had intentionally not been included-- no reason was given.

Edited by floridafolks

Has anyone been able to obtain additional OBC from the National Plan a Cruise Month promo if they already had the Anniversary Sale OBC?

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

Gerry

No. I couldn't have one with the other. I chose to keep the Anniversary Sale perks over paying more and getting the E4/NPACM promo. It was almost a wash and we simply don't drink enough to pay more money. I also would have lost the Welcome Back OBC if I changed to the current promo.

I did receive the NPACM promo (and the E4) for my Feb/17 cruise but the pricing hadn't changed since I booked about a month ago.

Yes I did call them(HAL) directly after having our TA told the 29 day sailing did not apply( we do have the Explore 4--just could not get National Plan a Cruise added. They went to their manager, who went to marketing. They said the 12 and 17 day are included, but not the 29 day combination.-- It just did not make sense to me. When I looked at the selected sailings for NPC on the website, it listed the 12 and 17 day ones, but not the 29 day combo. I thought it was an inadvertant error, so I called. I was told it was not an error- that the 29 day had intentionally not been included-- no reason was given.

WOW!!!!!

Makes no sense to me! I would think they would want to honor that 29 day.

Maybe that is more popular than taking just the 12and17 day and they are trying to fill the cabins up.

Who knows. I still can not understand how I got mine! Can't believe it is because I was a 4 STAR. There are a lot of 4 and 5 star who also did not get it! Go figure.

Anyway enjoy your wonderful cruise!

Has anyone been able to obtain additional OBC from the National Plan a Cruise Month promo if they already had the Anniversary Sale OBC?

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

Gerry

I got such a good deal with the anniversary sale and it would be repriced to add the other one - not a good deal, so I declined.

Emailed my TA and she emailed me back an hour later and I got my OBC!!!! Plus my explore 4 for my april cruise!!......thanks guys

Thanks from me, too. Emailed TA and withing 15 minutes we had invoice showing an additional $200pp added to our OBC account, in addition to Explore4 and it's OBC.

No go for us even though it's listed on the sale for the 15 day Eurodam Nov 22, 2015. Our cruise and date for the 15 days is on the list too. Prices are still the same as we paid very HIGH haven't seen them come down since final payment either - but they said something about us already having 450.00 OBC between FCC and TA OBC (we didn't get the Explore 4 either) - WHAT does that have to do with it??? Once you've made final payment they have you is my impression of it all.

I know our TA spent about an hour trying to get someone to give it to us. SO I will just enjoy our cruise and not bother with it anymore. Just seems odd that some can get it and some can't - happy for the people who were able to take advantage of it.

ENJOY