Duty Free Cigarettes

china blue 2

? If a passenger purchases 200 cigarettes on board Celebrity constellation, are they allowed to be smoked whilst on board or are they taken from you and stored until the end of the cruise, as alcohol is. (I may have put this ? in the wrong place - sorry - thanks to anyone who replies.

? If a passenger purchases 200 cigarettes on board Celebrity constellation, are they allowed to be smoked whilst on board or are they taken from you and stored until the end of the cruise, as alcohol is. (I may have put this ? in the wrong place - sorry - thanks to anyone who replies.

Cigarettes sold on board can be used right away. Only alcohol is stored for you after purchase.

Cruise lines don't make the profit margins on smokes like they do on drinks - hence alcohol is stored & returned to you at the end of the cruise but they don't worry about your cigarettes.

Bear in mind that if this is Europe you're talking about, the availability of d/f aboard & ashore depends on your itinerary, as does the availability & cost of EU duty-paid in the ports. Because of the higher limits of EU duty-paid that you can bring back, those savings far exceed the savings on a miserly 200.

Post your ports if you're unsure.

JB :)

Edited by John Bull

Additionally, you might want to know that Celebrity has a very restrictive smoking policy, in that you cannot smoke in your cabin or on the balcony. In fact, there is no indoor smoking permitted at all. There are smoking areas on board ship but they are all outside, just so you know. :)

Additionally, you might want to know that Celebrity has a very restrictive smoking policy, in that you cannot smoke in your cabin or on the balcony. In fact, there is no indoor smoking permitted at all. There are smoking areas on board ship but they are all outside, just so you know. :)

This is true. In fact, Celebrity allows only smoking in the most uncomfortable and limited outside places. If you want to smoke, it is the last line you would want to choose. Princess does hold cigarette purchases but sells packs in the bars for low cost, and Princess and RCI do have indoor smoking areas. I won't do Celebrity again, just for that reason.

This is true. In fact, Celebrity allows only smoking in the most uncomfortable and limited outside places. If you want to smoke, it is the last line you would want to choose. Princess does hold cigarette purchases but sells packs in the bars for low cost, and Princess and RCI do have indoor smoking areas. I won't do Celebrity again, just for that reason.

Not the "last line." Fortunately, Oceania is probably the most restrictive with a glassed-in room near one bar and one small outdoor corner on the pool deck being the only two allowable smoking areas. Thanks to loyal O regulars' input and responsive management, vaping is now subject to the same restrictions.

On a related note: how anyone can disregard the overwhelming evidence of the carcinogenic effects of tobacco use and continue to smoke is just so sad.

I don't think that any British managed line, such as P&O or Thomson, allow smoking anywhere inside their ships, only in appointed outside places. This is in line with EU policy for hotels, pubs etc.