Discrepancy between "folio" and credit card charge

CPT Trips

Our credit card charge was posted at a higher amount than the amount listed on the folio we received on the last morning. The amount shown on my credit card website is just a lump sum, it isn't itemized. so there is no way to cross check against the folio or even see when or where the extra amount was generated.

Can anyone point me to the correct contact in RCCL for the explanation of these charges? It's a first for us in all our years of cruising and I have no clue where to go at the cruise line :confused:

TIA

As usual Bob is correct. C&A can't access the data - post cruise can. They need sail date, ship, and one of reservation number, cabin number/name, or maybe folio number. They were very helpful two weeks ago when I had to call. My guess is minibar or towel charges.

I've had good luck wth Post Cruise: (800) 256-6649.

and I have had success with using the online contact form. Post-cruise questions and comments is the applicable choice.

https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/contactUsOnline.do?ref=postcmnt

I had problems last cruise and simply asked for a copy of the Super Bill be emailed to me.

Edited by Scotty G
clarify

This has happened to us a few times. Amounts are usually small, and not really worth the effort to dispute, but i wonder if it's a new source of OBR? Charge every guest an extra $5 and there's several hundred per week! [emoji6]

I actually dispute the charge through my AMEX and let them figure it out. Saves me time and hassle.

Maybe there's a difference between amex and visa in the dispute process, but when I do a dispute with Visa I have to check a box saying that I have already tried to resolve it, and that I am NOT to go forward with the form unless I have done work on my end.

I'm not comfy lying.

And lo and behold, the one time I felt I had a dispute but hadn't yet done my part, within a week the company (taxi company that works around disney world) had found their double charge and refunded it all on their own. (well, I had called and left them a message)

The OP hasn't done anything yet but notice it. He can call/email Royal and get the question answered.

Same thing happened to me on recent 9/19 LOS cruise. Charge was $19.75 more than final printout received on board. I just used the online customer service form and told them I a hadn't made any additional charges on disembarkation day and had not used the minibar. They responded via email within 2 days saying it was, in fact, for the minibar but that they would issue me a credit.

We don't use the mini bar either but was wondering if by accident, the mini bar was shorted an item and the person for the next cruise gets charged. I might do an inventory of the items then see what the count is at the end of the cruise.

Edited by Desert Cruizers

We don't use the mini bar either but was wondering if by accident, the mini bar was shorted an item and the person for the next cruise gets charged. I might do an inventory of the items then see what the count is at the end of the cruise.

We were still there when the minibar person came through for the final check. I told him we hadn't used it and he didn't say anything to the contrary at the time. However, we were then charged $9.75 extra. Maybe the wrong room number got entered someplace.

I just went through this whole process, thanks to the phone # provided above by Bob (Clarea). I had checked our account on the interactive tv the last night of the cruise and we still had about $20 OBC. Didn't purchase anything that night and the next morning we had not received a bill in our cabin. I figured it was because we did not have any charges.

Got home, waited a few days and checked our credit card statement and was surprised to see a charge from RCL for $10.03. Called that number and explained everything and yesterday the woman called us back and said the charge had been taken off our credit card. Very easy to take care of, but I bet a lot of people won't go through the trouble for small amounts, and with 3500+ passengers per ship (a rough average) and 24 ships, it can add up to a tidy sum over the course of a year.

Maybe there's a difference between amex and visa in the dispute process, but when I do a dispute with Visa I have to check a box saying that I have already tried to resolve it, and that I am NOT to go forward with the form unless I have done work on my end.

quote]

Just as a side note - yes, that is a difference between amex and visa. I had a disputed charge through amex and they are happy to accept a dispute right away; they don't require you to sort it out with the business first. I had a disputed charge with visa once and they were no help at all.