Royal Caribbean Website Update

[quote name='nelblu']I wonder whose bright idea was to change the booking site. Can't select by category, eg. d1, d3, etc. Also, tried to do a mock booking and it gives me a D balcony discount instead of the D+. What a waste of resources. Wonder why RCL does not get Pax input as to what they would like to include/exclude from the booking site.[/QUOTE]

We usually book D1 or E1 afts.......so I've started a list of "Obstructed View" cabins for each ship category to punch into search cabins feature to get me to the right cabin category. Why should paxs have to go through all this trouble to spend money with Royal??

Ummm, I got so discouraged and desperate with the new RCCL website, I went to another cruise website and browsed. I gotta say, the other website is E-Z to navigate. So much so, a 3 y-o could book a cruise for his family of 4 within minutes.

Why, RCCL? Why would you make online booking frustratingly difficult. It wasn't broke - who decided to "fix" it? Edited by SteadyBetty

[quote name='TheTruthCanHurt']I have theory. I think, as part of their on going lack of customer service. THe worst they make the website, the more we all go to travel agents for our bookings. And the more we do that, the less people they have to have in the call centers. ???
[/quote]

This would backfire i would think. I do all my own research for a family of 5 or more. I want to know what is available to me even though I know I can not book on line. once i settle, I then go to my TA.

If I can not at least see what is available to me what is the point of even having a website!!

At least at NCL I can see all cabins, no restrictions and if I want a family category-they will price it out to me!! Heck, I've just been pricing out the 3 bedroom villa. Not yet have I seen anything that says minimum required to book. Maybe if I was trying to actually book but at least I know what the price is!!

Well....the website looks more "professional" ....lol....but big mistake! Too bad it doesn't "perform" more professionally! Hate not seeing the available cabins within a category! Or even category (D1, D2, etc) within a category unless I am missing something. Also, previously you could key in a specific cabin and it would show available or not....I don't see that anymore. What a pain in the patootie! I like picking out my own cabin and then booking with my TA! We are probably (or at least close:)) our TA's easiest clients. We just send them date, ship, specific cabin and tell them to book it! LOL

I agree this probably is also trying to keep folks from watching for price drops though.

First off, I am glad we already have cruises for the next 15 months booked as based on this current website I would not be booking any! Secondly, some of the ones we already have booked will get cancelled if we don't see price drops....so if we are unable to "easily determine" the pricing for our specific category....we will just cancel!

Come on RC....please actually consider what your users want to see/search/book and include those items in the website in a user friendly way!!!

Definitely set up to discourage checking for price drops :mad: Almost as infuriating as the "BOGO-Hoax" that has been going on for months! Just how much does RCI think their loyal customers are willing to put up with? I'm frustrated, closing my BoA Visa and looking at other cruise lines!

I see that it shows 'Superior Ocean View Stateroom with Large Balcony', etc, but it no longer shows D1, D2, etc? Only a word description? Am I missing something? edit* i see you have to click on 'more photos and details'. Why not just put the deckplan code in the initial description?

Makes it hard to compare prices. I guess that's what they want.

I don't know if it's better or worse. You have to relearn the whole website. It's probably easier once you've gone through the process a few dozen times but this happens every year. It's annoying. Edited by marci22

Just when I thought the site could not get worse it did.

I can't find a way to see the entire deck plan. All I get is portions of it when I scroll down.

Sadly it has been quite a while since I used RCL's site to pick a cabin. I use one of the sites where they show all available cabins by deck with little dots next to them. I don't know why they can't set up their site like that.

[quote name='molly361']Just when I thought the site could not get worse it did.

[COLOR=Red]I can't find a way to see the entire deck plan.[/COLOR] All I get is portions of it when I scroll down.

Sadly it has been quite a while since I used RCL's site to pick a cabin. I use one of the sites where they show all available cabins by deck with little dots next to them. I don't know why they can't set up their site like that.[/quote]
I saw that too. I had to bring up another window with the normal deck plans. It's like they gave the website upgrade project to the Department of Maximum Annoyance. That department is getting lots of work these days.

[quote name='bigque'][B][COLOR="Purple"]WOW! I have been one who always thought it wasn't as bad as people make it out to be but wow this is really bad. They must be pushing people to call or go to travel agents to book because you can't even just go to the website to check prices and cabins without putting in all you information first like you are going to book now. before this you could just go on the site and select a cruise! Oh and let's not even talk about when you finally get to a page where you see something![/COLOR][/B] :mad:[/QUOTE]

[B][COLOR="Purple"]In my first opinion I said that this update is really bad. I have now messed around in there off and on last night and some today and I am starting to get a feel of how to get around in there. While I don't think that it is very user friendly as compared to what was there previously, I think it will be alright if you learn to maneuver in it. For anybody that has never used the site before, they should have no problems because they don't know what it was like. It is us that know of the previous version that is having the problem with it. I'm not going to cruise another line simply because the site is jacked up, but I think by the time I am ready to book my next cruise I will know how to use the site with no problem![/COLOR][/B]

[quote name='clarea']I saw that too. I had to bring up another window with the normal deck plans. It's like they gave the website upgrade project to the Department of Maximum Annoyance. That department is getting lots of work these days.[/QUOTE]

They are going to be getting some big fat bonuses this year:D:D

[quote name='clarea']I saw that too. I had to bring up another window with the normal deck plans. It's like they gave the website upgrade project to the Department of Maximum Annoyance. That department is getting lots of work these days.[/QUOTE]

I agree totally. The IT department (or Department of Maximum Annoyance) should be phased out since whatever they changed is fluff and no substance. I'm really annoyed. :mad:

[quote name='harry0']Royal Cmon-make the changes needed-Website was easier to navigate 10 years ago[/QUOTE]

Anyone else remember many years ago when this was the graphic on the first page? That site was easy to navigate and a breeze to get done what you needed to get done. Ah, to have those features once again ...

[quote name='TheTruthCanHurt']I have theory. I think, as part of their on going lack of customer service. THe worst they make the website, the more we all go to travel agents for our bookings. And the more we do that, the less people they have to have in the call centers. ???

ps, I just emailed them and asked them if they had hired children for their it dept. you should email them as well.[/QUOTE]

NAH, a 10 year old could do a better job. Maybe they SHOULD hire children to do their IT :D Edited by orville99

[quote name='markuuk']still cant get in to my cruises section to print our tickets out, im in the uk and has been down for 2 day snow, there reply when i rang should be done by monday. !!! terrible for a company that big[/quote]

It's absolute rubbish! Need to checkin and buy things! I shouted at the car radio tonight when I heard an advert for new cruise offers on Royal Caribbean UK. Edited by dides

[quote name='markuuk']still cant get in to my cruises section to print our tickets out, im in the uk and has been down for 2 day snow, there reply when i rang should be done by monday. !!! terrible for a company that big[/QUOTE]

The thing that concerns me, is that I'm not sure they really know when it's going to be done by. They told me it would be at least 24 hours, but that could mean anything as far as I can see.

I tried to see about Ocean Balcony Rooms for 4 adults for the Jan 102015 cruise for AOS. I updated the search from 2 to 4 adults, but then it displays my results with a note on each room stating up to 2 adults for occupancy. They need to correct this before I book again.

Uk people, my cruises doesn't work but online check in seems to. If you have your booking ID you can do you set sail and book trips etc that way. Better than nothing.. RC please give us our my cruises back!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

[quote name='Ukdhey1']Uk people, my cruises doesn't work but online check in seems to. If you have your booking ID you can do you set sail and book trips etc that way. Better than nothing.. RC please give us our my cruises back!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

I only know the "Manage my booking" way and its not working, How do I get in another way (UK website)

[quote name='UK Cruiser2']I only know the "Manage my booking" way and its not working, How do I get in another way (UK website)[/QUOTE]

Bottom of the home page, click on online check in, enter booking ID, surname, sail date and ship. I got into my booking this afternoon this way.

[quote name='Ukdhey1']Uk people, my cruises doesn't work but online check in seems to. If you have your booking ID you can do you set sail and book trips etc that way. Better than nothing.. RC please give us our my cruises back!!!!

Gosh, that's great. Thanks so much. And nobody at RCI was able to tell me this, the mind boggles.

[quote name='Ukdhey1']Bottom of the home page, click on online check in, enter booking ID, surname, sail date and ship. I got into my booking this afternoon this way.

Just done it.I have it open now in another tab.Thank you very much,it's been so frustrating the last couple of days trying to log in.

Pleased I could help 😃. Found it by accident really as trying to check a booking they were working on was correct for family. Thank goodness I picked my diamond plus choices a few weeks ago!!! 3 weeks tomorrow on anthem for me! Yippee!