Lunch Menu in Tamarind?

CinWin

We are trying to figure out which nights to eat in the specialty restaurants on the Nieuw Amsterdam. We thought we would try lunch in the Tamarind instead of dinner. Does anyone have a recent lunch menu? We ate dinner there on a previous cruise. Our TA is paying for our dinner in the Cannaletto - the one restaurant we have never tried. We will probably book dinner in the Pinnacle but not sure which night would be best for us.

Cindy :confused:

We are trying to figure out which nights to eat in the specialty restaurants on the Nieuw Amsterdam. We thought we would try lunch in the Tamarind instead of dinner. Does anyone have a recent lunch menu? We ate dinner there on a previous cruise. Our TA is paying for our dinner in the Cannaletto - the one restaurant we have never tried. We will probably book dinner in the Pinnacle but not sure which night would be best for us.

Cindy :confused:

As requested from Dec 2014:

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/here/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/Tamarind-Lunch.pdf

You will probably be wise to make reservations. Beware of the spicey cabbage salad dressing --- pretty spicy.

Edited by Crew News

Lunch and dinner can not even remotely be compared; as someone that have access to lots of good dim dum the Tamarind lunch is very disappointing.

I would do a Pinnacle Grill lunch and a Tamarind dinner if I had to split it.

Lunch is almost all dumplings in Tamarind and is very different than dinner.

If you really want to experience Tamarind, go to dinner, IMO

We love the lunch in the Tamarind but it does NOT compare to dinner there. No brainer: go for dinner!

Tamarind Lunch is a set menu e4xcept for dessert where you do have a few choices.

We ate there once and did not get all the dumplings that we were suppose to get. Also at that time they did not have the rice.

DH is not a big eater, but he went away hungry. We have never gone back there for lunch.

Dinner at the Tamarind -- a different story -- we have eaten there a lot.

You can certainly try Tamarind for lunch since it is free, but for us, it was a let down.

You just can't compare it to dinner. Dinner is delicious and we really enjoyed it.

I'd far prefer to pay the nominal surcharge and have lunch in the Pinnacle. It's usually very good and there are choices :)

Dinner in the Tamarind would be my recommendation.

If you can only do one specialty lunch, do the Pinnacle. If you have time for both, by all means try the Tamarind BUT it is not close to the dinner provided and not representative of what is offered in the evening.

Thanks for all the answers. We will definitely go to Tamarind for DINNER. Hope not too late for reservation on the night we pick.

Cindy

You never know. On my cruise coming up I pre booked 2 nights because I love the tamarind. I've never had trouble adding addition nights on board but I guess it's a possibility. You might want to make reservations as soon as you get onboard.