How bad will it be??????

Kaibocan

We are boarding the Regal Princess tomorrow for the Canada New England cruise. I'm afraid we are going to have a rough ride. I wish there was a site with a marine forecast for the areas we will be sailing through. Dang Joaquin!!!!!!

Hard to do since Joaquin keeps changing course. The latest is that he's turning more northeast but that means eastern Massachusetts will be more severely impacted. Princess corporate and the Captain will plan the route least likely to affect you and your itinerary could change completely. No way to know for sure at this point even if you had a marine forecast. Weather.com and hurricane.com have probably the best forecasts.

Maybe this will be helpful.....slow the progression speed down and it's easier to follow the timelines.

http://polar.ncep.noaa.gov/waves/viewer.shtml?-multi_1-US_eastcoast-

Cheers, Penny

Penny’s “Affair to Remember” QM2 Review Dec. 2006

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=471053

November 10,2007...QM2 to the Caribbean again

October 16,2008...QM2 transatlantic in tandem with the grand QE2 on her final transatlantic voyage.

December 9, 2008...QM2...back to the Caribbean

July 30, 2009....QM2....transatlantic again...

August 7, 2009....QM2... “home” to Norway

Feb. 7, 2010....Emerald Princess to the Caribbean

Aug 14, 2010...QM2... return to Norway, all the way to the top!

Aug 22, 2011...Diamond Princess....North to Alaska!!

Dec 2,2011...Noordam to the Caribbean...outstanding! http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1544173

2012...Assorted land trips in my own stunning country

Oct 2012....OBX

2012...Booked on the lovely Noordam again

2013, 2014, 2015...5 months at our summer home on Cape Cod....priceless!

Several North Atlantic crossings from childhood thru college on ships of the old Norwegian America line and Swedish America Line...RIP to those marvelous old ships

I share others concerns about rough seas and would love to know what to expect. I have seriously considered not going as I know once you are on board , you are stuck. I have travel insurance but do not think it will cover unless the cruise line cancels which I know they will not. Any thoughts

I share others concerns about rough seas and would love to know what to expect. I have seriously considered not going as I know once you are on board , you are stuck. I have travel insurance but do not think it will cover unless the cruise line cancels which I know they will not. Any thoughts

Trust me, Princess will not put you or its multi-million dollar ship and crew in danger. Might it be a bit rocky -- yes. Bring ginger pills, motion sickness pills and the wrist bands. They all work great. I find that the wrist bands are the best. If you don't have time to get them, I believe that they are all sold onboard.

I was on the Sandy cruise, where we diverted from Bermuda to Boston. We had a few rocky moments, but the Captain did everything he could to avoid the really bad spots. That cruise and the b2b right after it were two of the best. I had been on the cruise the year before where we were trying to outrun Irene, and there were little to no issues.

Maureen

With a bit of luck you should fine. Might even make all the ports. I've been on in worse weather in NE and had a great time. If it get rough ands going up and down real good, go to the front of the Princess Theater and sit down. Now when the ship start to go down put you hands up and scream like you're on a rollercoaster:eek:

Seriously have a great time.

framer

With a bit of luck you should fine. Might even make all the ports. I've been on in worse weather in NE and had a great time. If it get rough ands going up and down real good, go to the front of the Princess Theater and sit down. Now when the ship start to go down put you hands up and scream like you're on a rollercoaster:eek:

framer

You mean do the wave as they do at the game? :D

framer

Good advice, thanks. 😀