Royal Caribbean Visa Card

Nana57

Yes! If you look on the redemption website, you will see all of your options. I will be using 60,000 pts. for $600 to pay on my cruise. Celebrity will allow redemptions in 15,000 and 30,000 increments--perfect for me.

Thanks! Is this something new? I thought it was only to be used with RCL cruises bc Celebrity does have their own Visa card.

All three lines, Royal, Celebrity and Azamara have their own branded cards, but points earned on any are good on any. Been that way for as long as I can remember

Thanks! Is this something new? I thought it was only to be used with RCL cruises bc Celebrity does have their own Visa card.

We have had our RCCL Visa longer than the Celebrity one. Only sad part is I can not close one and roll the point's to the other. The Specialty dinning perk with Celebrity's makes it a tad more desirable to keep.

We have had our RCCL Visa longer than the Celebrity one. Only sad part is I can not close one and roll the point's to the other. The Specialty dinning perk with Celebrity's makes it a tad more desirable to keep.

I recently got a bonus offer for both, but the Celebrity has an annual fee, while the RCCL doesn't.

Does RCCL require the 15k redemption points? Anyone have a link to the redemption site? Considering the RCCL one as it's 10k bonus for using it once. Says it good for for $100 OBC.

I probably wouldn't use it much but would take it out for the offer.

I think we do get dbl ..not sure

we used to have both a Royal Visa and a Celeb card, but then Celeb ended relationship with Visa (we lucked out and were able to use our points)....that card was converted to something else perks....we rarely use it....oddly we rarely cruise on Royal but use our points for OBC on Celebrity....

Hope someday we can close the former Celeb card or rebalance credit line over to Royal.... but do not want to lower credit score ...so we just let it sit....maybe someday they'll close it for non use which is not a credit ding (?)

Thanks for posting the updated link for perks......

Question: if we want to use 15,000 Royal pts for $150 off cruise price, do we do that before or at the time of final payment..?

..we have final payment due later this month, have tons of OBC but would love the dollars off

Question: if we want to use 15,000 Royal pts for $150 off cruise price, do we do that before or at the time of final payment..?

..we have final payment due later this month, have tons of OBC but would love the dollars off

You can go ahead and do it now to help pay off the cruise, you will just need to enter your sailing information when you redeem it.

If you do get double pts, I need to call, because I didnt.

You should have received the double points. I explicitly asked that when I booked our Celebrity cruises with the RCCL card and was assured that I would.

As an aside, I just stopped using my BOfA card with RCCL because it only gives me double pts. when booking a cruise on RCCL or Celebrity. Otherwise, it is only one pt. per dollar. After much thought and research, I switched to a Citi card which gives double pts. all the time on everything. Well, it is 1% when buying something and 1% when paying, but still adds up to 2% overall. We are retired with everything paid off, so we don't worry about our credit rating anymore.

You should have received the double points. I explicitly asked that when I booked our Celebrity cruises with the RCCL card and was assured that I would.

As an aside, I just stopped using my BOfA card with RCCL because it only gives me double pts. when booking a cruise on RCCL or Celebrity. Otherwise, it is only one pt. per dollar. After much thought and research, I switched to a Citi card which gives double pts. all the time on everything. Well, it is 1% when buying something and 1% when paying, but still adds up to 2% overall. We are retired with everything paid off, so we don't worry about our credit rating anymore.

The draw back to the Citi program is they require you do a balance transfer with a 4% fee! and carry a balance at 12-14% APR to get the 1% on payments. The net result is less.

image.jpg.6477559d74914f244dc775fecc8c8981.jpg

You should definitely get double points. We have the Azamara card and use it all of the time on Celebrity and Azamara and get double credit on both.

Sorry, my mistake. I did go and check my statement, did receive the extra pts. Also, did not know that I could use my RC pts. on Celebrity. Am on a Celebrity B yo B in Nov.

The draw back to the Citi program is they require you do a balance transfer with a 4% fee! and carry a balance at 12-14% APR to get the 1% on payments. The net result is less.

Yes, that brings up another point about any rewards program on any credit card. If you aren't paying your balance in full each month it's always a negative proposition.

Only exception would be a 0% Balance transfer, with no transfer fee(Chase Slate is only about the only one to offer this). But that is generally the reward, and you don't get anything else with that.

Apparently this is not the case. I can't comment on the 4% balance transfer fee as I never do that. I never carry a balance so never have any APR. When I got this card I questioned the 1% on payments and was assured it was correct. On checking my current statement, I got the 1% on charges plus the 1% on payment. No fees, no interest and the 2% total as promised.

• 4 weeks later...

I only use this card for cruises and never use it in stores where it might be compromised by a security breach. I also use it for recurring charges like my cellphone and the like. I got tired of having to change credit card information every time Capitol One replaced my card.... Like three times! I have lots of points by now as I cruise a lot.