Port Everglades - transport pier to pier

jerrib

Have never seen this discussed, maybe this is the wrong forum?

Anyway, we will be getting off the Serenade of the Seas and boarding the Emerald Princess same day.

Is a taxi the way to go or is there some kind of port shuttle that would do this?

Thanks!!

Have never seen this discussed, maybe this is the wrong forum?

Anyway, we will be getting off the Serenade of the Seas and boarding the Emerald Princess same day.

Is a taxi the way to go or is there some kind of port shuttle that would do this?

Thanks!!

I have read about some sort of crew port shuttle, but the report I read said they had to wait a long time for the shuttle to fill. I'd go with a taxi.

We took a taxi from one pier to another within Port Everglades. I don't think the taxi drivers love doing this as they probably would like a longer fare, so we made sure we tipped him well.

Edited by Daisyloo

Taxi is about the only way because the port is not pedestrian friendly. Taxi drivers prefer not to take these types of fares but have no choice, so just give a nice tip for the short ride.

One idea is to give them $10 as you get into the taxi and tell him to keep the change. That should make him/her satisfied with the short haul.

I know people who have walked from Princess to Holland America piers and they said "never again".

Edited by DaveOKC

Taxi is the best . Since you'll have about 3 to 4 hours between disembarkation embarkation . Why not book a tour of Fort Lauderdale that day?

Maybe you can offer me some help with this since you mentioned booking a tour in Ft Lauderdale. We have have a 3:30pm flight the day of disembark. The tours offered by the cruise line are airboat ride (which we have done twice) and some other boat ride. Where would I begin to look for something to do until we could head to the airport? Thanks.

Maybe you can offer me some help with this since you mentioned booking a tour in Ft Lauderdale. We have have a 3:30pm flight the day of disembark. The tours offered by the cruise line are airboat ride (which we have done twice) and some other boat ride. Where would I begin to look for something to do until we could head to the airport? Thanks.

Take the tour to Sawgrass Mill Mall.

Do they offer a tour to Flamingo Gardens? http://www.flamingogardens.org/

If the other boat ride is the Carrie B or the Jungle Queen those are fun. You get to see the mega yachts and mega mansions along the Intra-Coastal and New River.

Last year I noticed the trolley near where the taxi stand is for HAL maybe they go to other terminals & you could hitch a ride that way

worth asking if you see the trolley

I did not think it even went to the port so I was surprised to see it there

Hi........I am the OP.

Thanks for all your comments. Looks like a taxi is the only way to go.

Thanks for the tip about offering him $$ as soon as we get it, hopefully that will lessen his disappointment at drawing the short straw.

Due to mobility issues, I have been in contact with the Port Authority for over a year. They assisted us last January and have already assured us that the road construction within the port is adequately complete to provide pedestrian and handicap safety throughout.

Thus if you wish to hike between Terminal 18 and Terminal 2, it is approximately 1 ½ miles or a half hour walk toting luggage.

In January 2015, there was a flat $10 taxi fare within the Port. Also, the short taxi ride allows the taxi to get back in line for a second fare.

Enjoy your cruises,

Betty

Edited by raindropsalways