Totally confused booking Anthem

NewSalt

On our cruise in August, we were very excited to book the same cruise for next July on Anthem.

We booked adjacent staterooms, one for my DD, DSIL and their two DSs, and one for DH and me.

I just tried to book similar rooms on line to see if the price had changed significantly.

I indicated that I wanted two staterooms, and when I filled in the information for the first stateroom for four people, the web site indicated that there were no staterooms available for four people. However, when I changed the information to two people, the site gave me the choice of cabins that slept two to four people; also, these were connecting cabins, something that wasn't available even when we booked last summer.

I'll be calling our TA in the morning to see what they can find out, but in the meantime, does anyone have any idea why I'm getting these conflicting answers?

On our cruise in August, we were very excited to book the same cruise for next July on Anthem.

We booked adjacent staterooms, one for my DD, DSIL and their two DSs, and one for DH and me.

I just tried to book similar rooms on line to see if the price had changed significantly.

I indicated that I wanted two staterooms, and when I filled in the information for the first stateroom for four people, the web site indicated that there were no staterooms available for four people. However, when I changed the information to two people, the site gave me the choice of cabins that slept two to four people; also, these were connecting cabins, something that wasn't available even when we booked last summer.

I'll be calling our TA in the morning to see what they can find out, but in the meantime, does anyone have any idea why I'm getting these conflicting answers?

Because the new website "stinks". Let your TA work through his/her interface, which is not as messed up.

You can't put 4 people, you may have to call them or do 2 bookings.

Yes you have to call rccl to do it. We had to do same thing for a room for my DW, DS and I. We are even in a GS. But takes no time at all customer service is always great and we like the site just fine. We always book directly through rccl.

Try using an online travel agency (pick any one of the large well known ones) with a decent search engine and you should be able to find your answers. I never use Royal's website to find a cruise any more. It's just not worth the aggravation.

Typically a ship can accommodate more people than it can carry (several legal & technical factors may affect this number). Availability of 3rd & 4th places is therefore limited to fewer than the number of berths actually available. As a result web booking engines may not be able to see any availability even though the floor plan shows available 3/4 person cabins.

Try using an online travel agency (pick any one of the large well known ones) with a decent search engine and you should be able to find your answers. I never use Royal's website to find a cruise any more. It's just not worth the aggravation.

Agreed, dare I say:rolleyes: use the one with the same name as a chewing gum;) as it shows you a map of available rooms in each category...