Royal Palm Beach or Seagrape

The forever cruiser

We have a group of 10, 5 adults, 5 children. Thinking of either renting a cabana at Royal Palm Beach or simply going to Seagrape. I've never been to either place. Any comments from anyone who has been to either or both would be greatly appreciated. It's my understanding you can get to either by the public bus? Thanks in advance for any help.

Yes..the bus is a great way to get around. No cabanas at Seagrape, but there are lounger/umbrella rentals, restrooms, watersport rentals, food/drink.....no charge for beach access, and the water isn't rough at all....very, very clear!

We were at Royal Palms on Sept. 23rd, which was our first time. We also rented a cabana and I would highly recommend it. Everything was first class and well kept. The food was very good as well. Although not for the kids, it was great getting a bucket a Caybrew and just wasting a day on the beach!

• 1 month later...
We were at Royal Palms on Sept. 23rd, which was our first time. We also rented a cabana and I would highly recommend it. Everything was first class and well kept. The food was very good as well. Although not for the kids, it was great getting a bucket a Caybrew and just wasting a day on the beach!

Thank you for your post. I just rented a cabana at Royal Palms. The pictures on tripadvisor look like the beach gets very crowded and now wondering if I should find an AI. I know the cabanas are roped off but I really hate looking at the ship while on an island and on TA, it looks like I can see the ships.

Thanks.

Thank you for your post. I just rented a cabana at Royal Palms. The pictures on tripadvisor look like the beach gets very crowded and now wondering if I should find an AI. I know the cabanas are roped off but I really hate looking at the ship while on an island and on TA, it looks like I can see the ships.

Thanks.

There aren't really any AIs in Cayman, and you're going to see the ship from anywhere along Seven Mile Beach. In fact, I can count smokestacks from Rum Point on the far side of the island and tell how many ships are in port that day...

Thanks.

During our day there, there was three ships in port and the beach wasn't crowded at all. I don't believe you'll have an issue with that. As far as being able to see the ships, yea, you can see the ships. But you're several miles away from where the ships are anchored. In my opinion, in no way does that detract from what Royal Palms has to offer.