Small Questions on Basic Beverage Package

clcmdse

Thank you all for responding tirelessly and over many threads about beverage packages. I have read through all the prior threads, but I have two small questions regarding the basic beverage package.

On all of our prior cruises, we have brought on board our own wine, either from home or from the ports we have visited. We love that Oceania does not limit the number of bottles and I have been delighted to have the option to open good bottles at dinner and to have the wine in our stateroom.

On this last cruise we took, I noticed that I bought two glasses of champagne over the day from O at meals, no matter the wine we may have opened at meals. Must be something about the salt air and celebrations!! That totaled $40.00 per day with tip and it made me think that I might like to add the house select package on our next cruise.

Here are my questions.

1. Does it pay to pay in advance? Prior threads have been conflicting on whether one receives a discount if you pay ahead so I am hoping for specific advice on that.

2. What does it mean that the package operates "at meals?" I get that it does not apply in the lounges and I assume it does not apply to the wait staff who serve the pool, but what about walking up to the bar which is located next to Waves at lunchtime? We often sit on lounge chairs and not at specified Terrace or GD tables.

Thank you all for your advice on this very small issue.

Catherine

Cannot help with both questions but maybe this is where the confusion is for

If you are Silver or above you get a discount on the beverage packages if you pre pay before the cruise

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/experience/oceania-club/levels/

If you are sailing from Spanish port it may be prudent to prepay before the cruise so you are not charged the extra VAT (covered in another thread)

Not sure if this is what you have heard or it is something else & I am off track

Cannot help with both questions but maybe this is where the confusion is for

If you are Silver or above you get a discount on the beverage packages if you pre pay before the cruise

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/experience/oceania-club/levels/

If you are sailing from Spanish port it may be prudent to prepay before the cruise so you are not charged the extra VAT (covered in another thread)

Not sure if this is what you have heard or it is something else & I am off track

I had my TA check on the discount and although I didn't keep the email I'm pretty sure she told me you can get the Silver discount on board also, as well as the internet discount. I know I've booked the internet package on board and got the discount.

Edit- the link you posted does say in the fine print that you must purchase prior to sailing, so that could be right, but the info my TA got was from her O contact, usually not wrong.

The discount offered for the Your World Collection excursion package is reduced from 25% to 15% when booking it on board.

Edited by ORV

As I understand it the basic package of beer and wine applies only at mealtimes and only in the restaurants (ie when seated at a table...) The Premium package (which we always take) is ship-wide - bars, restaurants, room service etc - and all the time. No limit as to when you order save that the bar needs to be open (!)

With both at meals you are restricted to the "wine by the glass" list which gives around 12 choices and we think pretty good wines.

What does it mean that the package operates "at meals?" I get that it does not apply in the lounges and I assume it does not apply to the wait staff who serve the pool, but what about walking up to the bar which is located next to Waves at lunchtime? We often sit on lounge chairs and not at specified Terrace or GD tables.

The House Select Beverage Package does not cover service at any bar, including Waves Bar which is across the pool (i.e., about 150 feet away) from the Waves Grill.

There is a service bar on the Grill side, but it dispenses libation strictly through the wait staff.

210818.jpg

As previously mentioned, House Select service is provided only during lunch and dinner, even breakfast is excluded.

It is well worth upgrading to the Prestige Package. ;)

Edited by StanandJim