$25.00 promo (is really $25.00 per person)

Hflors

I just got off the line with the Captain's club. The $25.00 deposit promo that is running today is $25.00 Per Person according to the Captain's Club. They also tell me that the general reservation reps. will tell you the same thing. If you have made a reservation online and only deposited $25.00 you most likely need to call Celebrity and confirm that the $25.00 will hold your reservation. (The Captain's Club took an additional $25.00 deposit to hold my reservation)

I told the Captain's club I was going to post this. I would hate for someone's reservation to be cancelled because of this.

IF someone gets any further info on this please post it so the rest of us will be updated

Edited by Hflors

I just got off the line with the Captain's club. The $25.00 deposit promo that is running today is $25.00 Per Person according to the Captain's Club. They also tell me that the general reservation reps. will tell you the same thing. If you have made a reservation online and only deposited $25.00 you most likely need to call Celebrity and confirm that the $25.00 will hold your reservation. (The Captain's Club took an additional $25.00 deposit to hold my reservation)

I told the Captain's club I was going to post this. I would hate for someone's reservation to be cancelled because of this.

IF someone gets any further info on this please post it so the rest of us will be updated

So, where the problem? Deposits have always been per person and never per cabin.

So, where the problem? Deposits have always been per person and never per cabin.

When booking on the X website, it's only charging $25 per booking rather than $25 per person. Just another website glitch, I suppose......

Tried to book Alaska and Caribbean 2016 for the 25.00 pp deposit. TA sent fine print as promotion is for sailings through 4/16/16 only. This excluded the 2016 Alaska season and the fall/early winter 2016 sailings...oh well, will wait and follow new promos.

Tried to book Alaska and Caribbean 2016 for the 25.00 pp deposit. TA sent fine print as promotion is for sailings through 4/16/16 only. This excluded the 2016 Alaska season and the fall/early winter 2016 sailings...oh well, will wait and follow new promos.

Strange, because two of the three cruises I booked on line this morning with the reduced deposit promotion were after 4/16/2016. One was a May 2016 Pacific Coastal, the other a Fall 2016 Transatlantic.

Offer applies to select Caribbean sailings departing Nov. 2015 - Apr. 2016. Book Offer Oct. 9 -12, 2015. Applicable sailings listed at celebritycruises.com. Savings are per stateroom and based on cruise fares as of Oct. 7, 2015. Veranda for an Ocean View Price Offer "Offer" applies to select Caribbean sailings departing Nov. 2015 - Apr. 2016. Applicable sailings listed at celebritycruises.com. Redeem by booking a veranda X stateroom, priced the same as ocean view category 08.

This is the fine print.

Offer applies to select Caribbean sailings departing Nov. 2015 - Apr. 2016. Book Offer Oct. 9 -12, 2015. Applicable sailings listed at celebritycruises.com. Savings are per stateroom and based on cruise fares as of Oct. 7, 2015. Veranda for an Ocean View Price Offer "Offer" applies to select Caribbean sailings departing Nov. 2015 - Apr. 2016. Applicable sailings listed at celebritycruises.com. Redeem by booking a veranda X stateroom, priced the same as ocean view category 08.

This is the fine print.

The terms/conditions you've posted seems like an entirely different promotion than the $25 reduced deposit promo. The info on the reduced deposit promo says for select 2016 sailings (excluding 2015) and isn't offering a veranda for the price of an ocean view.

It looks as if the website is only asking for a $25 deposit no matter which cruise you select. I even did a dummy booking for a suite and all the website wanted as deposit was $25 total (not per person). The info I had read last week said the reduced deposits did not apply to suites. I wasn't trying to override or "force" the $25 deposit or anything like that. It just automatically listed $25 as the deposit amount due. Not surprising, though, given the funky =X= website.

Taken right from the promotion sent this AM. TA stated it will take the 25.00, but will cancel in 1 or 2 days because full deposit has not been met IAW the promotion. I agree website has been defaulted to the 25.00 deposit for most sailings in 2016

Taken right from the promotion sent this AM. TA stated it will take the 25.00, but will cancel in 1 or 2 days because full deposit has not been met IAW the promotion. I agree website has been defaulted to the 25.00 deposit for most sailings in 2016

Agreed. Another flub of the website!

The email I received this morning on the 1-day $25 deposit promo also included right under it the terms and conditions of the 4-day "Deals and Departures" promo which is what you posted above (Nov 15-Apr 16 Caribbean veranda at ocean view price, etc). So even the emails being sent out are listing terms and conditions associated with a different promotion than the title of the email ("TODAY ONLY! $25 deposits on 2016 sailings").

Crazy, confusing stuff.

Edited by BEAV

This is why I started this thread. when I called the Captain's club (another matter) they told me they needed to chg the add $25.00 so my booking wouldn't be cancelled. I don't know about the dates some people have seen the promotion is good for my cruise Dec 16 10 day Caribbean.

I would suggest that you booked on the website (like I did) you call the reservations line or the Captain's Club and get your deposits straightened out.

Just called captain's club within the last hour and was charged $50.00 for two people. The representative was initially not aware of the promotion. After being placed on hold so he could find out about the promotion I was able to book the cruise.

Sonoma fans....

If you're interested in Alaska 2016 under the $25 deposit promo, I would have your TA check again. Reason is the Nov 2015-April 2016 Caribbean terms you posted doesn't make sense with regard to Nov 2015 sailings. Any November 2015 sailing booked today would require immediate full payment and a deposit wouldn't even apply. That's why I'm thinking your TA was quoting the terms of a different promo. I just don't want you to miss out on the deposit promo if you're looking at Alaska. ;)

The 24 hour $25 deposit promotion is for 2016 cruises, also it is $25pp for the booking as I confirmed with my booking just now with a Celebrity Rep. If you booked online with only $25 the booking will be cancelled in a day or so is what I was told.

Edited by simpleman

Friends of ours today paid the $25 deposit on two different suite bookings, because that's what the =X= website "asked" for initial payment. We'll see what happens over the next few days. The promo was designed only for non-suite categories.

The 24 hour $25 deposit promotion is for 2016 cruises, also it is $25pp for the booking as I confirmed with my booking just now with a Celebrity Rep. If you booked online with only $25 the booking will be cancelled in a day or so is what I was told.

I'm going to leave the total for two people $25 2016 reservation right now as it appears with confirmation and supplied reservation number.

Well see what happens in the next couple of days.

When booking on the X website, it's only charging $25 per booking rather than $25 per person. Just another website glitch, I suppose......

The labor day weekend $25 promo, was actually even allowing Suites to book in with the $25 deposit, and it was working on all itineraries even though it said it as Caribbean Only.

Sometimes the website accidentally does good things for us :D

Thanks for the heads up! They only charged me $25. I went online and added another $25 plus an additional $25 for good measure.

By the way, someone said the offer was limited to cruises through 4/2016? My reservation is for a November 2016 TA.

Stan

After booking an appointment with my travel agent on Friday for yesterday afternoon and her knowing that I was interested in a 2017 Caribbean sailing, she called before our scheduled appointment to say the reduced deposit promo was only good for 2016 sailings. Fortunately, her office is close by so I ran over and showed her the info I had that stated the $25. reduced deposit promotion was good for 2016 and 2017 sailings. She put in a call to Celebrity who allowed me to book two cabins for the Caribbean in March, 2017, with only the $25. deposit!

Thanks to Curt for the "heads up".

Susan

We also booked the Hawaii-Vancouver Solstice for Apr 2016 yesterday; however, I called in & had additional questions. We were charged $25 each. Hey, have to pay it sometime. We also got perks

Edited by awhfy

It looks as if the website is only asking for a $25 deposit no matter which cruise you select. I even did a dummy booking for a suite and all the website wanted as deposit was $25 total (not per person). The info I had read last week said the reduced deposits did not apply to suites. I wasn't trying to override or "force" the $25 deposit or anything like that. It just automatically listed $25 as the deposit amount due. Not surprising, though, given the funky =X= website.

You are absolutely correct. It was $25 per booking. Just wish I had the foresight to book a block of cabins to see if it was $25 per reservation. Probably a programming glitch, but I would think they'd be hard pressed not to honor it.

We also booked the Hawaii-Vancouver Solstice for Apr 2016 yesterday; however, I called in & had additional questions. We were charged $25 each. Hey, have to pay it sometime. We also got perks

I think this is definitely one of the better Celebrity cruises in 2016. Has been really popular in the past few years especially being on Solstice which is an "S Class" ship, plus it's one of the few stops for Celebrity in Hawaii, a rare commodity. Another benefits/perk is that you can get the Celebrity liquor package on a repositioning cruise which isn't available on a Transatlantic. Looking forward to this one for sure. :cool: