Bedding question

Pam

I am so incredibly picky about bedding; I don't do duvets at all, have to have a top sheet and a blanket or two. Also, can't stand down pillows; need foam if possible or at least something fairly firm.

Is there some way to request this in advance, or will they do it for me when I board, or do I need to take my own?

Thanks!

I am so incredibly picky about bedding; I don't do duvets at all, have to have a top sheet and a blanket or two. Also, can't stand down pillows; need foam if possible or at least something fairly firm.

Is there some way to request this in advance, or will they do it for me when I board, or do I need to take my own?

Thanks!

We just had steward replace duvet with blanket. Can't answer about pillows.

There is usually a choice of pillows. Ask your cabin steward/butler early on to avoid disappointment!

As an aside, if you are cruising after the ships are updated then from the renderings I've seen the pillows they are going to use are so much better. More substance to them. If you don't like duvets then this is probably a moot point, but the one I tried on Journey was again much better than currently in use. I'm not overly tall, but always seem to have to untuck it at the foot of the bed so my feet aren't cramped up. No problem with the new bedding. I'm keeping fingers crossed it's the same.

Phil

Edited by excitedofharpenden

• 2 weeks later...

I hope they will also change the matrasses. Last year in august we had the 12 worst nights in 38 cruises on 10 different cruiselines.

They tried everything, even a wooden plank in the bed, but the matrasses were so soft and old, and when you were sitting on the bed, you were almost falling down, also in the night during the sleep. My husband got terrible backpain. So I hope during refurbishment they will also get some new matrasses.

I hope they will also change the matrasses. Last year in august we had the 12 worst nights in 38 cruises on 10 different cruiselines.

They tried everything, even a wooden plank in the bed, but the matrasses were so soft and old, and when you were sitting on the bed, you were almost falling down, also in the night during the sleep. My husband got terrible backpain. So I hope during refurbishment they will also get some new matrasses.

Mattresses are no more than three years old.

Mattresses are no more than three years old.

The weight of the people sleeping on those relatively new mattresses is a big factor. A morbidly obese person takes quite a toll on the mattress.

The weight of the people sleeping on those relatively new mattresses is a big factor. A morbidly obese person takes quite a toll on the mattress.

Oh please. Each individual person is only sleeping on that mattress in 1-2 week intervals. What one person weighs in any given trip is not going to make or break the mattress. What's the point of making your comment?