Just introducing myself. Aurora 2016 travellers!

Lady Wanderer

Hello fellow traveller's,

My hubby and I are booked on the Aurora 2016 and will be sailing for 75 nights from Auckland to Southampton! Ye he! Can't wait!!!

So I'm looking for tips of how to prepare! What to be aware of, what to avoid, or tricks not to be missed!!!

Just now I'm particularly interesting in a cabin floor plan, or an idea of wardrobe and draw space! We're staying in an outside cabin but hoping to upgraded to an outside with a balcony!

Happy sailing!

Since Aurora is a P&O-UK ship, you might want to ask ship questions there. And join the roll call for your cruise. There you can join with other CC members sailing with you in planning shore excursions.

This appears to be your Roll Call. It is for the full World Cruise, although you are not joining until Auckland. There is not a Roll Call for the shorter segment.EM

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2100245

Edited by Essiesmom

Welcome to Cruise Critic: co.UK. :)

What a beautiful ship you'll be travelling on- built especially for world cruising, so you will have a super journey- and you're doing a great chunk of her worldie...:rolleyes:

We've had both an outside and a balcony cabin on her, and I think they were pretty much the same- there's a small settee, and quite a lot of wardrobe/drawer space...but it will depend whether you're taking lots of suitcases to Southampton first, or flying out with them

As Essiesmom says, you'll find plenty of insight on the P&O page.

Small tips: there's free launderettes on board, and we prefer to take our own washing tablets, rather than buy from the shop, which I think were bio- not our scene.

There's 2 bottles of water in the fridge- again free...just refill them in your shower room, then place in the fridge to let the chlorine settle.

Lastly...remove the chocolate from your pillow before placing your head on it...:eek:

Aurora is my favourite P&O ship. :)

Just the right size (2000 passengers) and looks like a proper cruise ship, with tiered stern decks rather than an ugly tall stern full of balcony cabins.

One of the main deck pools has a retracting roof - ideal for any climate, any weather.

But if the main deck is too busy & crowded for you, head for the little pool at the stern, or one of the decks overlooking it.

A proper promenade deck too.

We've had a free upgrade within the range of balcony cabins on Aurora, but from ocean-view to balcony is much less likely - especially for such a long trip, when doubtless there'll be plenty of fellow cruisers just sailing a leg or two. Because you'll have a lot of sea days, consider paying to upgrade to the cheapest balcony - and mebbe hope for a free upgrade from that.

But most balconies on one deck (sorry, I forget which) have a metal front rather than glass. Avoid unless cost dictates.

JB :)