?? Private van tour St Thomas

LounVal

LounVal,

The owner/operator of Phantasea Botanical Gardens gave me a list when I asked for tour operators who would take us take us to the gardens on our private tour.

We will be in St Thomas 2 weeks before you so I will be happy to send you the list with my suggestion if you e-mail me.:D

Which beaches? I used to live in St T. & have my favorites.

There are 8 of us heading to St Thomas. Anyone know of any private van tours that can take us around to the beaches?

We enjoyed a tour on an earlier cruise with Stanley Coram, he does both private and mixed group tours and is a very nice gentleman. Stanley is (or at least was) affiliated with the Secret Harbour Resort.

There is also a taxi driver who is highly recommended by others.

You'll find Stanley's contact info and the taxi drivers website by using the search function on the St Thomas forum page using the name or the subject of private drivers. A private tour is so much nicer than the group tours IMHO.

A great tour would start with Skyline Drive and a stop at the overlook, then a stop at Mountaintop and Drake's Seat, and then on to the East End to visit the beautiful beaches of Secret Harbor, Sapphire, and finally Lindqvist. You could have a lunch and drinks at SH or Sapphire. Our choice for beach time would be Sapphire, we love the mahi mahi sandwich at the Banana Cabana beach grill. Or for a more secluded beach off the beaten path perhaps Hull Bay. We'd have Stanley drop us at Paradise Point before heading back to the ship. You dock at Havensight (WICO), and you can take the aerial tram down the hill (nice views) and it's a 10 minute walk to the dock.

Edited by blue_water

• 3 weeks later...
We enjoyed a tour on an earlier cruise with Stanley Coram, he does both private and mixed group tours and is a very nice gentleman. Stanley is (or at least was) affiliated with the Secret Harbour Resort.

There is also a taxi driver who is highly recommended by others.

You'll find Stanley's contact info and the taxi drivers website by using the search function on the St Thomas forum page using the name or the subject of private drivers. A private tour is so much nicer than the group tours IMHO.

A great tour would start with Skyline Drive and a stop at the overlook, then a stop at Mountaintop and Drake's Seat, and then on to the East End to visit the beautiful beaches of Secret Harbor, Sapphire, and finally Lindqvist. You could have a lunch and drinks at SH or Sapphire. Our choice for beach time would be Sapphire, we love the mahi mahi sandwich at the Banana Cabana beach grill. Or for a more secluded beach off the beaten path perhaps Hull Bay. We'd have Stanley drop us at Paradise Point before heading back to the ship. You dock at Havensight (WICO), and you can take the aerial tram down the hill (nice views) and it's a 10 minute walk to the dock.

Sounds great Thank you!

Looks like we are setting up a private van through Islander Taxi Service. We have the van to ourselves (8 people) taking us where we want for $325. I think that's a good deal($40.63 pp)

Thank you for all the input

Please report on your experience when you return. We are trying to decide on a company for a private tour in St. Thomas and would love to hear how things went.

• 3 months later...
LounVal,

The owner/operator of Phantasea Botanical Gardens gave me a list when I asked for tour operators who would take us take us to the gardens on our private tour.

We will be in St Thomas 2 weeks before you so I will be happy to send you the list with my suggestion if you e-mail me.:D

Which beaches? I used to live in St T. & have my favorites.

Started to email you but will save my draft in case you don't see this. I have questions concerning the Botanical Garden. Not sure yet if we dock or tender in therefore not sure how far we will be from there. Approximate cost of a cab from either port or docking area? Should the cab wait for us? Are cabs safe? How long should we plan for at the garden? Thank you