Convince Me To Book the Dawn for Thanksgiving!

teacher2cruiser

We have to decide by tomorrow in order to get the choice of 4 Freestyle Offers. I am pretty sure we'd choose the ultimate beverage package. Does anyone have a link to the menus for a 7 day Dawn cruise?

We can drive to NOLA, so that's a plus.

My DH and I love cruising! We went with RCI in the Spring, but most of our past cruises have been on Carnival. We did cruise the Norwegian Spirit once.

Tell me all the wonderful reasons to book the Dawn before the offer ends tomorrow night!

Thanks!

I live in the Pacific Northwest and if it were possible for me to be on the Dawn over Thanksgiving, I WOULD BE.

I spend a week on Her in January on this itinerary. I loved the ship and her staff.

You will have a great cruise. What a wonderful way to spend Thanksgiving. Lots of televisions to watch all the games, lot of food you do not have to prepare or dishes to wash afterwards. WHAT IS NOT TO LOVE!!!

Mandy

We take a NCL cruise of our New Orleans every winter. It is a great itinerary, great ship, great city to cruise from, and the best time of the year. When we go, it's much cheaper too. Going in the winter, makes it that much better. The kids are in the pool 6 out of the 7 days, and the weather in the ports are great. We drive to the port as well, and that's definitely a plus.

You should totally go! We've cruises over thanksgiving and it was great! I will say that while the dinner on thanksgiving was good and had a nod to traditional thanksgiving, it wasn't the same as being at home. By the time I got home I was craving homemade thanksgiving dinner like we usually have. No problem, I just invited some family and had a belated feast. It was fun and we loved it, we would definitely go again!

Remember what Mark Twain said:

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did"

We take a NCL cruise of our New Orleans every winter. It is a great itinerary, great ship, great city to cruise from, and the best time of the year. When we go, it's much cheaper too. Going in the winter, makes it that much better. The kids are in the pool 6 out of the 7 days, and the weather in the ports are great. We drive to the port as well, and that's definitely a plus.

Just curious what weeks you travel in the winter when there is no school for kids? We cruise to avoid kids so the winter has always been great for that but if there are certain weeks that have no school, I would like to know that for future cruises. Or do you just take them out of school? Thanks.

Sorry but I can't....cruised once at Thanksgiving (Star-Mexican Riviera) never again. The hordes of people onboard overwhelmed everything - staff, kitchen, even entertainers seemed worn out. I forget exactly how many the ship holds but think it is around 2,200 at double occupancy...as I recall there were over 3000 aboard for our cruise....and I distinctly recall the CD stating that there were over 700 under the age of 15.

Despite the crew's best efforts, it wasn't a very enjoyable cruise...I was glad it was a gift from the MIL and hadn't been paid out of my pocket.

Just curious what weeks you travel in the winter when there is no school for kids? We cruise to avoid kids so the winter has always been great for that but if there are certain weeks that have no school, I would like to know that for future cruises. Or do you just take them out of school? Thanks.

The week of MLK our school district has that holiday plus a 2 day teacher workshop so our kids are out 3 days that week. It is a new semester and they just got back from Christmas so it's not a very hectic week. So they are out most of the week and we take them out the rest of it.

We get a really good rate that week as well. There are a few kids on that week, but not many.

We have to decide by tomorrow in order to get the choice of 4 Freestyle Offers. I am pretty sure we'd choose the ultimate beverage package. Does anyone have a link to the menus for a 7 day Dawn cruise?

We can drive to NOLA, so that's a plus.

My DH and I love cruising! We went with RCI in the Spring, but most of our past cruises have been on Carnival. We did cruise the Norwegian Spirit once.

Tell me all the wonderful reasons to book the Dawn before the offer ends tomorrow night!

Thanks!

Sounds like you convinced yourself pretty good!:)

Have a great cruise!

Edited by Arzeena

School can be out for the Christmas Break, February vacation, and spring breaks which take place in April. Some schools break in March.

You might find fewer children on the longer cruises, as most families choose 7 days or less. However, babies, toddlers, and home-schooled kids can cruise anytime. They're not on a school schedule.

Married to a highschool teacher, I was always on a school schedule until he retired.

To the OP,

MY reasons for booking the Thanksgiving Cruise would be NO Cooking, No Dishes, or any other cleanup.

I love the Dawn, as I have been aboard her for many Boston-Bermuda cruises, and 1 repositioning 12 day cruise. If there are perk incentives-------go for it.

We are still considering; offer for Ultimate Beverage Package is still available.

I've been looking for sample menus in the main dining room, but I haven't come up with much. We've never had a beverage package, but we don't drink that much. I'm assuming that your included drinks begin when you first get on the ship? We've done all of these ports in the past, and no other vacations beat a cruise!

Any special things about the Dream that anyone wants to share?

Thanks for all the input.

We are still considering; offer for Ultimate Beverage Package is still available.

I've been looking for sample menus in the main dining room, but I haven't come up with much. We've never had a beverage package, but we don't drink that much. I'm assuming that your included drinks begin when you first get on the ship? We've done all of these ports in the past, and no other vacations beat a cruise!

Any special things about the Dream that anyone wants to share?

Thanks for all the input.

The Dream? Your title says the Dawn...

We're leaving on the Dawn in 12 days for the 14-day repo cruise from Boston to NOLA. The one thing I would recommend is probably the Beverage package. Looking back, I wish we'd had that offer when we booked but it wasn't available then. All the same, we have over $300 OBC, so we're making our own UBP. ;)

We just booked!

Tell me anything not to be missed on THE DAWN!

So excited to be cruising in about a month!

Joining the roll call and attending the M&G would be two things. We've not been on the Dawn before, but we have been on sister ships.

As others have said, not cooking &/or washing dishes is always awesome in my book.