Good news - what should I do

Friday it was announced my employer will close Dec 24 - Jan 3. Pricing across all lines are high due to the holidays. Should I give up looking for a last minute deal? I guess I could stay home and clean out the closets but that's no fun:(

FYI..I'm booked on Adventure Dec 5 but another cruise later in the month won't hurt.:)

Friday it was announced my employer will close Dec 24 - Jan 3. Pricing across all lines are high due to the holidays. Should I give up looking for a last minute deal? I guess I could stay home and clean out the closets but that's no fun:(

FYI..I'm booked on Adventure Dec 5 but another cruise later in the month won't hurt.:)

You only live once, and you only have "forced" recreation every so often, so take advantage of it!

Our Allure cruise was over Thanksgiving, and it was fantastic. It was not very full at all, and there were very few youngsters on board (not that there is anything wrong with youngsters). I'd guess if you could get one that boarded PRE-Christmas on the 24th, you might also miss some of the Merry Christmas-surprise cruising family traffic as well.

Bottom line? Do it! For sure!

Is it past final payment for Dec 5 cruise? If not reschedule. I work for a private college and we always have iff between Christmas and New Years. I love it. Its like an extra week. Last year was our first time going away right after Christmas and through NYE (on Disney Dream) and this year we are doing the Independance. So excited. I say keep looking. Do you need to fly. I can tell you New York to Florida over NYE cruise was expensive.

There are 1st world problems and then there are Floridian cruise problems! It must be so hard on you, waiting for a last-minute special and the opportunity to just hop aboard. My sympathy is beyond measure! :D

There are 1st world problems and then there are Floridian cruise problems! It must be so hard on you, waiting for a last-minute special and the opportunity to just hop aboard. My sympathy is beyond measure! :D

This is hilarious. Yes I can drive to all the ports. Just saying :)

Is it past final payment for Dec 5 cruise? If not reschedule. I work for a private college and we always have iff between Christmas and New Years. I love it. Its like an extra week. Last year was our first time going away right after Christmas and through NYE (on Disney Dream) and this year we are doing the Independance. So excited. I say keep looking. Do you need to fly. I can tell you New York to Florida over NYE cruise was expensive.

OP started a thread this morning asking if he could change a cruise once it is past final payment. that must be the one he/she was asking about

The CCL I know is mostly off most peoples list but we are sailing Breeze eight night end of Januarybin a spa balcony at a very reasonable price. It leaves from Miami. Usually sail RCCL and NCL and four Disney Cruises but going to give CCL a try. The price was right and its a new ship and good ports and reviews. Just sayin. :)

I'd take full advantage of this opportunity! If you're able to do it, then do it! I wouldn't even be thinking twice, if I were you. I've always liked the idea of doing Christmas on a cruise, just the two of us, without all the chaos of the family. Either way, I'm sure you will have a blast! Just make sure you take advantage of your time off!

But bad news for your pocket. $$$

Friday it was announced my employer will close Dec 24 - Jan 3. Pricing across all lines are high due to the holidays. Should I give up looking for a last minute deal?...

That's exciting - but why do you have to do this? Have a travel agent look for deals for you and notify you of the interesting ones. :)