What is your Favorite Specialty Restaurant on Oasis?

kohlepe

Did you have the Bison? I've heard people rave about that, but the rest of the menu looks too healthy for me!

Yes, we went twice last month. Had the bison once and loved it, but wanted to try something different the next night, so opted for the salmon. Others in our party had the bison twice.

You mention "too healthy". I suspect others feel that way to, hence the lower price ($20) and ease of getting reservations. I hope it does not go away, but I can't help but think that the bean counters will eventually strike.

Do you know if you can use the D+ BOGOF in Solarium Bistro?

Yes you can, first or second night. However, the Bistro is only $20pp, so you may want to use the BOGOF on a more expensive dinner.

Y

You mention "too healthy". I suspect others feel that way to, hence the lower price ($20) and ease of getting reservations. I hope it does not go away, but I can't help but think that the bean counters will eventually strike.

I was watching the retrofit of both Oasis and Allure wondering if both would have the Samba Grill or both made into Solarium Bistro for dinner. I guess they let things the way they are for now.

I was watching the retrofit of both Oasis and Allure wondering if both would have the Samba Grill or both made into Solarium Bistro for dinner. I guess they let things the way they are for now.

I'd really love it if they put the Solarium Bistro on another ship. I had very mixed feelings about Oasis, and am not inclined to sail her again soon.

Yes you can, first or second night. However, the Bistro is only $20pp, so you may want to use the BOGOF on a more expensive dinner.

Thank you. We've eaten in places like Chops and Giovannis so many times and not interested any more. We'll be on Oasis straight after the Allure TA so will have eaten at the ones we do like on there. It will be nice to have some lighter, fresher food and this will be our only opportunity to try the Bistro - we may end up eating there more than once :)

Thank you. We've eaten in places like Chops and Giovannis so many times and not interested any more. We'll be on Oasis straight after the Allure TA so will have eaten at the ones we do like on there. It will be nice to have some lighter, fresher food and this will be our only opportunity to try the Bistro - we may end up eating there more than once :)

That's what we did, and I would have scheduled a third time knowing what I know now. We also had access to Coastal Kitchen, and did that twice. Only made it to the MDR once that cruise.

Sailing 11-28.....is it odd that Chef's Table still has every day available? Or do people wait to book onboard to use OBC?

I thought Oasis was doing away with the Chef's Table?!? I was very disappointed in that decision, so I would love it if it is available in April, 2016.

Bob can you expound further on your experience?

Just a bunch of small things that annoyed. Our dining room service was poor, very slow and cold food. The fountain under the Rising Tide Bar was so loud that it was difficult to hear the music and conversation in both Schooner and the Champagne Bar. Chair hogs were out in force. Long lines to get back on the ship at ports. Slow disembarkation, over an hour from the time we got in line to get off the ship until we were outside the terminal. Windjammer, even in the evening was very crowded. No nightstand drawers, even in the JS.

Nothing major, but many annoyances.

As I mentioned on another post, the dining and service in Solarium Bistro and Coastal Kitchen was outstanding.

I thought Oasis was doing away with the Chef's Table?!? I was very disappointed in that decision, so I would love it if it is available in April, 2016.

I also would like to know this. Sailing Oasis in February and really wanted to try the Chefs Table, but was disappointed to hear it was discontinued. Did it twice on Carnival, loved it, and wanted to compare it to Royal.

If I book a suite in the Star Class for sailing after May 2016, I will have access to all specialty restaurants since they are all included? What about those with a la cart pricing such as Izumi?

I'm only guessing since the program is not active yet, but if it's like some of the other packages that Royal has had, they would give you an allowance at Izumi, something like $20.

Edited by clarea

I also would like to know this. Sailing Oasis in February and really wanted to try the Chefs Table, but was disappointed to hear it was discontinued. Did it twice on Carnival, loved it, and wanted to compare it to Royal.

Maybe someone out there knows. We have done it every sailing it has been available and find it is one of the highlights of our trip.

I'm relatively new to the boards, but I haven't heard of it being discontinued. To my knowledge its one of their most successful dining experiences.

I'm relatively new to the boards, but I haven't heard of it being discontinued. To my knowledge its one of their most successful dining experiences.

There have been a few comments about it:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=47174130&postcount=6

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2115576

I wonder if this is merely confusion among Royal reps because of the changes in the various lounges and the abandonment of Dynamic Dining on Oasis/Allure. Dining is not open yet on my April Oasis cruise, so I will have to wait and see in the interim.

Edited by jahannah

From what I understand, it's still going strong on other ships, but hasn't been on Oasis for a while. I'm not sure why, maybe the snafu over Dynamic Dining and the dry dock changes? Even their brochure about all the dining venues show it's not on Oasis. http://www.royalcaribbean.com/statichtmlpage.do?pagename=brochure_dining_guide_options:mad:

From what I understand, it's still going strong on other ships, but hasn't been on Oasis for a while. I'm not sure why, maybe the snafu over Dynamic Dining and the dry dock changes? Even their brochure about all the dining venues show it's not on Oasis. http://www.royalcaribbean.com/statichtmlpage.do?pagename=brochure_dining_guide_options:mad:

Not sure if there is a mix up on the cruise planner, but Chef's Table is available for my Oasis sailing on 1/9. DH and I are thinking about doing it, but I sure won't be happy to pay for it just to find out it's been cancelled. Oh btw it shows availability everyday.

Not sure if there is a mix up on the cruise planner, but Chef's Table is available for my Oasis sailing on 1/9. DH and I are thinking about doing it, but I sure won't be happy to pay for it just to find out it's been cancelled. Oh btw it shows availability everyday.

We're sailing next month and it's available every day as well. I'm guessing its because people are planning on using OBC and don't want to pre-pay $95 ea.

We're sailing next month and it's available every day as well. I'm guessing its because people are planning on using OBC and don't want to pre-pay $95 ea.

Excellent news! Impatiently waiting for dining to open up for the 2/27 sailing.

• 3 weeks later...

For me it's hands down Giovanni's but I love Italian food so I'm probably a little biased. Blue cheese gnocchi, seafood soup, mushroom risotto, and veal osso bucco were to die for and the zuppa inglese (layered custard trifle) was out of this world.

Nothing wrong with 150 Central Park or Chops Grille but I only sail on RCI ships that have Giovanni's (which means I'll probably never try Quantum class) and go minimum twice per sailing.