Seattle hotels

cabinluvn

I've not found one. I've stayed at hotels near the airport that had an airport shuttle, but I had to arrange my own transportation to the port - Shuttle Express from the airport or a taxi will work.

Roz

... But, no, haven't heard of that sort of shuttle service offered by a hotel

... however, if you book your hotel through HAL, you can also get airport-to-hotel and hotel-to-pier shuttle service ... in August 2014 HAL's preferred Seattle hotel was the Sheraton Seattle, which IMO is a perfectly acceptable place to stay especially if you plan to do some sight-seeing while in Seattle ...

Edited by avian777

Shuttle Express has a list of hotels and times they leave from the airport on there web page. A lot of the hotels offer shuttles to the port for a fee. Call and check with them.

We arrange a private car for pick up from SeaTac because it's kind of a long walk with luggage to the parking structure for public transportion.

... however, if you book your hotel through HAL, you can also get airport-to-hotel and hotel-to-pier shuttle service ... in August 2014 HAL's preferred Seattle hotel was the Sheraton Seattle, which IMO is a perfectly acceptable place to stay especially if you plan to do some sight-seeing while in Seattle ...

HAL charges per person for a hotel and not per night. It is usually much more expensive.

Totally agree- frequently HAL (and other cruise lines as well) charge a bundle more than what you can do on your own. We rarely use cruise line hotels or transport.

HAL charges per person for a hotel and not per night. It is usually much more expensive.

Totally agree- frequently HAL (and other cruise lines as well) charge a bundle more than what you can do on your own. We rarely use cruise line hotels or transport.

And we have had exactly the opposite experience on several occasions where the HAL price (including transfers) was less than the rates we were quoted by the hotels and the online discount travel sites. Some recent examples are the rates we paid at the Queen Elizabeth in Montreal, the Pan Pacific in Vancouver and, yes, the Sheraton Seattle. But don't take my word for it - call HAL and ask for a price. You may be surprised.

We stayed at the Hampton Inn at 700 Fifth Avenue North this summer. They had a shuttle to the pier. It started at 10:30am. There was a cost but I don't recall how much it was. I do remember it was on time and went directly to the pier. It did not have an airport shuttle (that I was aware of anyway).

Edited by clueless2

We were in Seattle in September. We stayed at the SeaTac Sleep Inn. When we got to the airport, their shuttle picked us up within 10-15 minutes. I went on seattleexpress.com a month before our cruise and arranged for transportation to the cruise port. The cost was $12.00 per person. They picked us up at our hotel around 10:30a.m.. We had a couple more stops at other hotels in the area but were at the cruise port by 11:15. We also arranged for them to pick us up at the end of our cruise and take us to the airport. They were on time and were much cheaper than booking with HAL.

We were in Seattle in September. We stayed at the SeaTac Sleep Inn. When we got to the airport, their shuttle picked us up within 10-15 minutes. I went on seattleexpress.com a month before our cruise and arranged for transportation to the cruise port. The cost was $12.00 per person. They picked us up at our hotel around 10:30a.m.. We had a couple more stops at other hotels in the area but were at the cruise port by 11:15. We also arranged for them to pick us up at the end of our cruise and take us to the airport. They were on time and were much cheaper than booking with HAL.

...the SeaTac Sleep Inn is definitely not of the same quality (or class) as the Sheraton Seattle, nor is STSI located in downtown Seattle (convenient walking distance from most attractions) ... so it should be much cheaper than booking the SS through HAL.

We stayed at the Doubletree at the Airport. It was very close to the airport and had a shuttle. We flew in late the night before, so we did not need to be near any attractions.

They also had a package with transportation to the pier. It worked out very nicely.

I've stayed at the Doubletree at Seatac both pre and post cruise. Their airport shuttle runs every 20 min., and starts very early for the flight crews that stay there. Since I paid for my room with points, I didn't do the pkg. deal. Instead I took the hotel shuttle over to Seatac and used Shuttle Express. They have a desk in the parking garage.

Roz

I saw that special at Doubletree. Do they have a shuttle into downtown? If not, would it be expensive to take a cab to downtown and back?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

A taxi from the airport to downtown $60.

They do have a train from the airport to downtown.

A lot of cruisers use car companies/drivers reserved in advance and the price is about the same as taxi. We took a taxi from airport to our hotel when we arrived and a reserved limo to go back to the airport after a post cruise hotel stay at same hotel. Price with tip was just about the same.