Ruby - Balcony Cabin Questions

dot73

I am currently planning a cruise on the Ruby. As this is my first cruise on the Ruby, I have the following questions:

1. Does the Ruby have balconies that are not covered? On which deck are they located?

2. Are there any balcony cabins which I should avoid?

3. Are there any particular balcony cabins that I should look for?

4. Which deck would be the quietest?

Any other comments about Ruby's balcony cabins would be appreciated. Thank you.

I am currently planning a cruise on the Ruby. As this is my first cruise on the Ruby, I have the following questions:

1. Does the Ruby have balconies that are not covered? On which deck are they located?

2. Are there any balcony cabins which I should avoid?

3. Are there any particular balcony cabins that I should look for?

4. Which deck would be the quietest?

Any other comments about Ruby's balcony cabins would be appreciated. Thank you.

While not specific to the Ruby, in my opinion I would avoid cabins that have a public area above.

The decks not covered would be Dolphin & Caribe for sure.

Julie

1. The only balconies that are completely uncovered are on Dolphin deck, and those cabins are all minisuites (they have a small sofa and a bathtub; no suite amenities).

Dolphin: completely uncovered, balcony size: 9x7

Caribe: half covered/half open, balcony size: 9x9

Baja: completely covered, balcony size: 9x5

Aloha: completely covered, balcony size: 9x5

Riviera: completely covered, balcony size: 9x5

Lido: completely covered, balcony size, 9x5

There are also some balcony cabins on the stern of the ship. All are covered, and I believe the size of the balcony itself varies by deck.

2. I would avoid balcony cabins midship on Riviera deck, as you're right under the pool and the noise from deck cleaning and dragging loungers about could be problematic. Aft is under the carpeted buffet, so maybe not so bad; forward would be under other cabins on Lido, so would be quiet.

3. Most people prize the balcony cabins on Caribe deck. The balconies are largest (9 x 9), and are half covered and half open. While the cabins midship on Caribe are in the highest price classification, the ones forward and aft are in the lowest two pricing categories, so are very affordable.

Others like the balcony cabins on Lido deck, for easy access to the pool deck, but tend to pick the ones forward of the elevator, to minimize pool-going traffic.

4. Aloha, Baja, and Caribe are quietest because they are sandwiched between decks with cabins, so no public spaces above/below.

• 2 months later...
1. The only balconies that are completely uncovered are on Dolphin deck, and those cabins are all minisuites (they have a small sofa and a bathtub; no suite amenities).

Dolphin: completely uncovered, balcony size: 9x7

Just to add to Rdsgrl's excellent descriptions, *there are 12 minisuites all the way aft on the Emerald deck that have fully covered balconies, *Princess booking default is "upgrade will be accepted." So, if you book a cabin that you really want you may wish to consider having it designated "No Upgrade."

I agree and also C753. These ARE covered and have the best views. IMHO

I agree with both of them. :)

However, we have a mid aft on Riviera for our upcoming Hawaii cruise. It was what we could afford for a long cruise. I'm hoping the padded area is not too noisy.

We have booked Lido balconies and I love them. Going to Hawaii, I didn't want anything too forward. We have also booked Baja balconies. The only ones we personally don't want are the uncovered Dolphins.

Everyone has good suggestions. :)

Patti

• 2 weeks later...